Split Molicare Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantricfollower

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In the bathroom this morning to change from my overnight plastic faced Molicare Maxi to find that the back had split from top to bottom, with damp padding falling out. My first disaster with Molicare and the tapes were not overnight. The bed was saved by a waterproof sheet but v embarrassing nevertheless. I have heard of pinhole defects but has this happened to anyone else and should I switch to another product

tantricfollower said:
In the bathroom this morning to change from my overnight plastic faced Molicare Maxi to find that the back had split from top to bottom, with damp padding falling out. My first disaster with Molicare and the tapes were not overnight. The bed was saved by a waterproof sheet but v embarrassing nevertheless. I have heard of pinhole defects but has this happened to anyone else and should I switch to another product

This is a very common problem when you wear a diaper that's one size too small. The tighter fit, and smaller cut, will not allow enough room for a diaper to swell when wet. Bend over just once, and it will split right open like you had. It is very important to have a little bit of a loose fit on the inside of the diaper- specifically for this.

Though of course the the legs should be snug all the way around, allowing you to easily get 2 (not 3) fingers under the legs bands. The waist should also be snug but not tight, allowing you to eadily get 4 fingers under it (not your whole hand, and without sucking it in).

Also note, when properly fitted, the waist bands should also extend up to your waist line (near your belly button), not your hips/belt line. Overall, just remember a diaper is supposed to fit like a diaper, not like tighty whities. It will feel odd and even a little oversized at first, but that's how they are supposed to fit.

tantricfollower said:

This happens sometimes and can happen with any type of diaper. In my experience it comes down to 2 possibilities 1. The diaper was overheated during manufacturing and has a weak point/fault line or 2. The diaper has began to degrade.

You can find it’s one from the pack or a whole batch unfortunately. When it happens often packing tape is your friend :) just put a big strip down the back of your diaper. I know it’s ugly and annoying but better that than the pulp and SAP cleanup or wasting those diapees.

For the next diapee in the pack unfold it and take a look at the backing, is it shinier in the centre? Run your fingers tips along the inside does the padding feel harder where last nights diaper split than the rest of the diaper?

Diapees for the most part are meant to be able to stretch at least a bit to accommodate the swelling from the SAP so they shouldn’t just split like dry clay but unfortunately some do.

I've also seen the "centerline" split happen when wearing a diaper for awhile under jeans, due to the crotch seam wearing away at the plastic down the middle and weakening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back