The reasons i still believe wearing diapers are wrong. On the road to happyness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay cool

flapjackboy said:
Ok, first off. If wearing diapers makes you happy, then it doesn't matter what your family or society thinks. What matters is what you think about it. Are you happy when you wear diapers? Yes? Good, carry on.

At the end of the day, it's just a slightly unusual underwear choice that you have made.

That sentence would work well if it was describing an activity that involved absolutely only one person. But in my mind wearing diapers while in public, can very easily involve other people. If you switch the phrase "wearing diapers" with "robbing banks" here is how those 4 sentences could read:

1. If robbing banks makes you happy, then it doesn't matter what your family or society thinks.
  2. What matters is what you think about it.
  3. Are you happy when you rob banks? Yes? Good, carry on.
  4. At the end of the day, it's just a slightly unusual type of loan that you have taken out.
Not the best rationale to do anything that has the potential to offend or upset others, or to increase your own worry about the activity.

Obviously robbing banks and trying to discreetly wear a diaper while in front of strangers and/ or friends, are not exactly the same, but tell that to those ABDL's who ended up in jail for offending one too many people with their diaper wearing.

In each legal case of this that I'm aware of, they intentionally exposed their diapers to random children, and freaked those kids out. I would think that wearing and not intentionally exposing to others is probably generally legally safe in the general public, but it all seems pretty fuzzy to me. Risking one's job security is an obvious potential shortcoming. Risking one's relationships with friends and associates is another. In my life, I simply put my foot down and said "no" when my ABDL side whispered to me, "it would be such great fun."

Being an ADBL is not the same as being gay. These two "small minority" activities each have different plusses and minuses. Yes, probably over the centuries gay people have suffered far more than ABDL's because: One, many gay people happen to also have certain personal traits that make them stand out, and make it near impossible for them to conceal their "gayness," and Two, also because the Judeo Christian mindset has historically labeled gay folks as "evil." On both of these accounts ABDL's have had the advantage over the gay community.

Still, on the opposite side, I see two major disadvantages that ABDL's have vs: the gay community: One, that our practice is primarily regarded by most as a fetish, and not as any kind of a "right" that we should be able to do it in public, and Two that the ABDL community is proportionately a much smaller segment of society than the gay community, and thusly it will take much much longer for society at large to be moved to generally accept it, if ever.

"If" and not "when" general society were to accept ABDL's wearing in public without any problem, I have no doubt that such an acceptance would occur long after I'm gone and forgotten. I have no desire to be any kind of a "martyr for the cause" of some type of ABDL acceptance that may or may not ever happen, and certainly won't happen in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Makena43
First up not only is your attention seeking getting beyond a joke but you are now just telling lies to feed your behaviour shall I prove it for you.
Your previous post on the same topic many people called you out on the fact you don’t listen your only seeking attention and you replied emphatically stating that you write everything down and don’t ask the same thing etc. well the fact you started yet another thread saying the same thing again not only is a waste of time but you are happy lying for attention. Start a blog in the story section this is not the spot for your rubbish. You have devalued a good community resource by taking advantage of people and to satisfy your own attention seeking needs. Stop treating us like idiots and go and read the hundreds of answers from the dozens of previous threads you have started asking the same flaming question! You clearly have no interest in. If you seek attention and want to tell lies fine go write a story and post it in story telling. This thread is for people helping each other regarding diaper information. Something you clearly don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your inhibitions are strong, but question them:

If you like it and it does not hurt others, then it's a good way to relax / have fun. Yes there is this the "hidden" and the « out of the ordinary" side, who can make you think that it is indisputably wrong… But as said before, even if it is considered as « bizzare » it is not illegal.

Keep in mind that a way to relax or have fun is not bad if it does not involve the suffering of others or does not involve harming yourself (like other « fun activities »more common but not necessarily healthier, such as cigarette, bar fight, excessive alcohol, dangerous driving, ect …these example are purposely bad, to show you that something neutral and out of the box, it harmless even if more uncommon ).
You would be surprised at the number of strange but harmless habits, practiced by the majority of people around you :D The weirdest are not always the ones we think!

as long as you respect people boundaries about it (no purposely showing it to stranger for example, or having a good hygiene to limit bad smell, or changing in adapted places, ect…) It should be fine with morality.

Makena start a blog for these thinking out loud posts. This is the same stuff you wrote 50 other times, it is getting old

makena43 said:
I have sat down and brainstorm of my thoughts. So here they are:

1. I am too old for diapers
2. Why do i need diapers if I know it and can make it.
3.I don't have a medical. Need.
4. Family states diapers are for babies, people in their 90's, medical and disabled.
5. I hope he/she can't. Tell I am wearing my diapers.
6 nobody wants to find out you are wearing a diapers.
7. This diaper makes my butt big or waddle.
8. Pissing in public is wrong.

That's my list and now somehow I got to disbelieving it. But how? Thank you.

1. Is 90 too old, how about 100? Get old enough, and chances are you will need them.
2. There is more to diaper use than just physically using them.
3. A psychological need absolutely is a medical need, and is no less important than a physical need.
4. The millions (possibly billions) of adult diapers sold world wide would disagree with that. Diapers are not for just babies by the simple fact that adult diapers exist.
5. That up to you, and how you act while diapered. Most won't ever notice unless you make it plainly obvious.
6. Not true. Some will not want to know, most really don't care either way, and a few actually do want to know.
7. Only if you wear tight pants while thickly diapered. And they won't make you waddle unless you are extremely thickly padded (like double or triple diapered in betterdry), AND/OR you're actually concentrating on the diaper too much you can't let yourself walk the right way.
8. Not true, it's only wrong to pee in public when you are actively forcing others around you to take notice of it (such as seeing you do it or them smelling it). As long as you stay discreet in your diaper use then it is none of their business and not wrong.

Yooda said:
That sentence would work well if it was describing an activity that involved absolutely only one person. But in my mind wearing diapers while in public, can very easily involve other people. If you switch the phrase "wearing diapers" with "robbing banks" here is how those 4 sentences could read:

1. If robbing banks makes you happy, then it doesn't matter what your family or society thinks.
  2. What matters is what you think about it.
  3. Are you happy when you rob banks? Yes? Good, carry on.
  4. At the end of the day, it's just a slightly unusual type of loan that you have taken out.
Not the best rationale to do anything that has the potential to offend or upset others, or to increase your own worry about the activity.

Obviously robbing banks and trying to discreetly wear a diaper while in front of strangers and/ or friends, are not exactly the same, but tell that to those ABDL's who ended up in jail for offending one too many people with their diaper wearing.

In each legal case of this that I'm aware of, they intentionally exposed their diapers to random children, and freaked those kids out. I would think that wearing and not intentionally exposing to others is probably generally legally safe in the general public, but it all seems pretty fuzzy to me. Risking one's job security is an obvious potential shortcoming. Risking one's relationships with friends and associates is another. In my life, I simply put my foot down and said "no" when my ABDL side whispered to me, "it would be such great fun."

Being an ADBL is not the same as being gay. These two "small minority" activities each have different plusses and minuses. Yes, probably over the centuries gay people have suffered far more than ABDL's because: One, many gay people happen to also have certain personal traits that make them stand out, and make it near impossible for them to conceal their "gayness," and Two, also because the Judeo Christian mindset has historically labeled gay folks as "evil." On both of these accounts ABDL's have had the advantage over the gay community.

Still, on the opposite side, I see two major disadvantages that ABDL's have vs: the gay community: One, that our practice is primarily regarded by most as a fetish, and not as any kind of a "right" that we should be able to do it in public, and Two that the ABDL community is proportionately a much smaller segment of society than the gay community, and thusly it will take much much longer for society at large to be moved to generally accept it, if ever.

"If" and not "when" general society were to accept ABDL's wearing in public without any problem, I have no doubt that such an acceptance would occur long after I'm gone and forgotten. I have no desire to be any kind of a "martyr for the cause" of some type of ABDL acceptance that may or may not ever happen, and certainly won't happen in my lifetime.

I was able to follow along in the other thread when you talked about your concerns over public wearing. This, however, is a bridge too far. To suggest that discreetly wearing a diaper under one's clothes is in any significant way akin to robbing banks is bonkers! You seem to recognize this and pull back but only to equate discreet public wearing with flagrantly indiscreet public wearing. Should we also fear to whistle while walking in public since it could be construed as a wolf-whistle by some?

It's okay to hold back from certain activities for reasons of your own. I do think that if you're trying to advise others, it's important to be aware of internal biases that may interfere with objectivity. We should be willing to entertain discussion on whether public wear (discreet or indiscreet) is morally or legally defensible but only in a fair way and your post was anything but fair on the subject.

I'm not really seeing what the gay vs. fetish discussion adds in this case but one observation I have is that roughly 50 years ago in Western culture, being gay and having a diaper fetish would have been regarded as much more equivalent and both deviant and undesirable. We're still working on it but as a society, we learned that we were unfair to gays. We have been much slower to extend that courtesy to fetishists. I don't see them as the same but I think they're both representative of our willingness to abuse and degrade that which appears to be different from us.

You've really got to think of the benefits here.
1. You're never too old for diapers, but at certain ages, I can see how that would get kinda weird.
2. Because wearing diapers is fun! (For ABDLs, anyway.)
3. So what? I don't either but that isn't stopping me!
4. Your parents simply don't understand.
5. This may just be me, But I wouldn't ever wearing anything around my girlfriend. (Unless she was an ABDL too.)
6. That would be kinda awkward, not going to lie here.
7. You could always go for thinner ones for out and about, and save thick ones for home.
8. On the bright side, you'll never have to use public restrooms. (They're nasty anyway.)

Be you. Who cares what other people think?

I see how you guys made each one false. So its easier to disbelieving each one. I think just be thinking I am not in the wrong for wearing diapers and just enjoy myself. While work with a white polo shirt and baggy gray pants with apron and a tranquilly diaper. And change it every 2 pees .

makena43 said:
I see how you guys made each one false. So its easier to disbelieving each one. I think just be thinking I am not in the wrong for wearing diapers and just enjoy myself. While work with a white polo shirt and baggy gray pants with apron and a tranquilly diaper. And change it every 2 pees .

Please don’t come crying here again when it don’t workout for you. You have been advised to wear them just at home because wearing at work makes you uncomfortable. Your many posts have shown that. So what about the advice Sweet Princess gave you, or any of the other advice you have received. You are going in circles.

Last edited:
He gave me to work on my fears. And learning. That wearing diaper and liking diapers is not wrong. Which this thread is helping.me with Slimo says I do need to face my fear. The more you do it the better. I am not crying I am listening. And learning

makena43 said:
He gave me to work on my fears. And learning. That wearing and liking diapers not wrong. Which this thread is helping.me with Slimo says I do need to face my fear. The more you do it the better

Cause this what you have wanted to hear, you do this anyway, and than write a post worrying about being caught. PLEASE NO MORE POSTS WORRYING ABOUT BEING CAUGHT. YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED SEVERAL TIMES

I struggled with thinking there was something wrong with wearing diapers for a long time, but I really see no harm at all.

Perspective

I guess it all comes down to perspective. For myself, discreetly wearing a diaper in front of others may mean one thing, and for others it may mean something entirely different. For me to imagine that my perspective is the only legitimate perspective is obviously quite foolish on my part, and I thank you for patiently pointing that out. So perhaps the only truly fair things that could be said about this are:

1. Always be considerate of others.
  2. Accept that some ABDL's are comfortable wearing diapers in public, and others are not.
  3. So long as diapers are worn in public as discreetly as reasonably possible, due consideration of others can generally be assumed, but don't necessarily expect all friends, family or associates, should they become aware that diapers are being worn, to be supportive or understanding, as the ABDL lifestyle is not easily understood by many.
Each person needs to find what works best for him or herself, while also being respectful of the needs and comfort levels of those around him or herself.

Is this then a fair summary?

Yooda

Last edited:
I think you are right Yoda . I just want to use diapers just like. Underwear. Meaning. Your mind is focus on work and fun things. Not sitting there and worry if I will be caught

Yooda said:
I guess it all comes down to perspective. For myself, discreetly wearing a diaper in front of others may mean one thing, and for others it may mean something entirely different. For me to imagine that my perspective is the only legitimate perspective is obviously quite foolish on my part, and I thank you for patiently pointing that out. So perhaps the only truly fair things that could be said about this are:

1. Always be considerate of others.
  2. Accept that some ABDL's are comfortable wearing diapers in public, and others are not.
  3. So long as diapers are worn in public as discreetly as reasonably possible, due consideration of others can generally be assumed, but don't necessarily expect all friends, family or associates, should they become aware that diapers are being worn, to be supportive or understanding, as the ABDL lifestyle is not easily understood by many.
Each person needs to find what works best for him or herself, while also being respectful of the needs and comfort levels of those around him or herself.

Is this then a fair summary?

Yooda

Eminently fair.

makena43 said:
I think you are right Yoda . I just want to use diapers just like. Underwear. Meaning. Your mind is focus on work and fun things. Not sitting there and worry if I will be caught

Makena,

Based on that, I'd say if for any reason anyone there seems to probably be "uncomfortable" with you wearing a diaper to work, it's probably best to avoid a "clash of wills" with them, legal or otherwise, as best you are able. In any such "clashes" the emotional and/ or financial expenses are unlikely to justify any final outcome. Rather, for a more peaceful life, do whatever you reasonably can to "keep the peace" with those around you.

Yooda

pamperluvs said:
Please don’t come crying here again when it don’t workout for you. You have been advised to wear them just at home because wearing at work makes you uncomfortable. Your many posts have shown that. So what about the advice Sweet Princess gave you, or any of the other advice you have received. You are going in circles.

Except Makena IS trying to become comfortable with wearing diapers at work. That's the whole point to all of this. And the only way he is going to get that is, IN PART, to just wear diapers while at work.

Sorry, but your advice is for him to never reach any kind of acceptance for his diapering needs. And that's just wrong since he is clearly seeking advice FOR it.

Though yes, he is going in circles here. It appears Makena likes to keep looking at ONLY the last bit of advice he has recived, and forget the rest. And when he gets bad advice, he literally starts all over with no understanding on what he should do.

Thank you Slimo. I have notice there is people here saying no because you feel nervous vs the people saying you have to do it. I am with the people saying go wear diaper in public because if you only wear at home you will be forever going to be nervous around people.

Now yes, Slimo is right about my thinking. I am working on acceptance and my nervous around people. I think my solution is wearing alot and thinking there is nothing wrong and this is who I am plus it will take time. I all the thoughts I wrotwin a list I will dis believe it. Oh last thing when you. Click the person's on the ignore list and then click yes. Is that person blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back