Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello,

This is for those who grew up with incontinence issues. I was wondering if anyone else got embarrassed by the way their parents handled their accidents. I told my story on here before, but when I started wetting the bed 10 years ago when I was 14, I remember coming home and seeing a pack of soccer player GoodNites on the counter. Then everytime I needed more GoodNites, they would have me go shopping with them. It seemed like they would take forever getting my bedwetting supplies in the baby aisle and that they made a big deal about it. I was glad to have the GoodNites, since they kept my sheets dry. (It's a lot easier to deal with changing pull-ups than it is to wash sheets).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had parents that would do stuff either intentionally or unintentionally to embarrass them about their incontinence.

musicfan9389 said:
Hello,

This is for those who grew up with incontinence issues. I was wondering if anyone else got embarrassed by the way their parents handled their accidents. I told my story on here before, but when I started wetting the bed 10 years ago when I was 14, I remember coming home and seeing a pack of soccer player GoodNites on the counter. Then everytime I needed more GoodNites, they would have me go shopping with them. It seemed like they would take forever getting my bedwetting supplies in the baby aisle and that they made a big deal about it. I was glad to have the GoodNites, since they kept my sheets dry. (It's a lot easier to deal with changing pull-ups than it is to wash sheets).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had parents that would do stuff either intentionally or unintentionally to embarrass them about their incontinence.
Actually it was my sister that used to make sure everyone knew her older brother still wet his bed every night. My Mother used to make sure it was no secret either.

ST50 said:
Actually it was my sister that used to make sure everyone knew her older brother still wet his bed every night. My Mother used to make sure it was no secret either.

Ugh. I wish siblings would learn to be quiet. Did you wear GoodNites at least since they are meant to be worn for bedwetting and not baby diapers? (which I would be embarrassed.) Not so much now, but growing up I didn't even want to be at the store buying GoodNites in case I got seen by people from school.

Children, especially siblings, can be really mean. And your sister probably was just following your mother's lead. Your mother seemed to be trying to shame you into stopping the bedwetting (as if that would do any good), and your sister most likely just thought it was fun to embarass you.

Whenever I went to a sleepover, my mother would always call the other mother and tell her I was a bedwetter, and ask that the other mother make sure I put on my diaper. So as young kids like to do, we would always stay up late playing video games and such....except our time would be interrupted by my friend's mother knocking on the door and calling me out to another room. She'd tell me my mom called and told her about needing a diaper and ask me to just go ahead and put it on. So I would...and then go back to hanging out.

Thankfully this only happened like 3 times and with the same friend. After a while, my friend realized I was a bedwetter and wore diapers so it got easier over time. My mother stopped calling his, and it got to the point that whenever I stayed the night, I could just go put on my diaper whenever I was ready. My friend never made fun of me and his mother never brought it up anymore...they all just knew I wore night diapers. It became regular enough that whenever I stayed, I could just wake up and have breakfast and hang out for a while with them while still in a diaper until I went home. The only times it ever got awkward was if a third kid would join us and they weren't aware of my issues.

But it was an older cousin of mine who would always make fun of me whenever we visited and stayed with them. He was more mean and worse than any other friend ever was. Even though his mother would yell at him and scold him...he always made a point to make fun of my diapers. On one occasion while we were there, he had two friends stay over, and he made sure to tell them I was a bedwetter and needed diapers. He even went so far that he went into my bag and showed his friends my diapers. I was so humiliated.

Boopa said:
Whenever I went to a sleepover, my mother would always call the other mother and tell her I was a bedwetter, and ask that the other mother make sure I put on my diaper. So as young kids like to do, we would always stay up late playing video games and such....except our time would be interrupted by my friend's mother knocking on the door and calling me out to another room. She'd tell me my mom called and told her about needing a diaper and ask me to just go ahead and put it on. So I would...and then go back to hanging out.

Thankfully this only happened like 3 times and with the same friend. After a while, my friend realized I was a bedwetter and wore diapers so it got easier over time. My mother stopped calling his, and it got to the point that whenever I stayed the night, I could just go put on my diaper whenever I was ready. My friend never made fun of me and his mother never brought it up anymore...they all just knew I wore night diapers. It became regular enough that whenever I stayed, I could just wake up and have breakfast and hang out for a while with them while still in a diaper until I went home. The only times it ever got awkward was if a third kid would join us and they weren't aware of my issues.

But it was an older cousin of mine who would always make fun of me whenever we visited and stayed with them. He was more mean and worse than any other friend ever was. Even though his mother would yell at him and scold him...he always made a point to make fun of my diapers. On one occasion while we were there, he had two friends stay over, and he made sure to tell them I was a bedwetter and needed diapers. He even went so far that he went into my bag and showed his friends my diapers. I was so humiliated.

Your cousin sounded mean about it. That's why I rarely went to anyone's house except for really good friends for sleepovers. Did you wear pull-ups diapers or actual tape-on diapers. I wore GoodNites, although I'm small enough that my parents did try Pampers Size 7 on me once in high school but they were too tight to work well so they had me go back to GoodNites.

musicfan9389 said:
Ugh. I wish siblings would learn to be quiet. Did you wear GoodNites at least since they are meant to be worn for bedwetting and not baby diapers? (which I would be embarrassed.) Not so much now, but growing up I didn't even want to be at the store buying GoodNites in case I got seen by people from school.

There was no such thing as Goodnites when I was a kid. It was terry nappies and pl;asticc pants until I was taken out of them at about 8 or 9 years old and then soggy sheets after that.

ST50 said:
There was no such thing as Goodnites when I was a kid. It was terry nappies and pl;asticc pants until I was taken out of them at about 8 or 9 years old and then soggy sheets after that.

It was the same when I was young. There were no advertised bedwetting products or solutions back then. Just the rubber sheet on the mattress and wet sheets and pjs in the morning. If there was a really embarassing thing its when the wet sheets were hung out on the clothesline to dry without being washed which my mom sometimes did when the weather was nice.

mikesecret said:
It was the same when I was young. There were no advertised bedwetting products or solutions back then. Just the rubber sheet on the mattress and wet sheets and pjs in the morning. If there was a really embarassing thing its when the wet sheets were hung out on the clothesline to dry without being washed which my mom sometimes did when the weather was nice.

My Mother did the same and sometimes threw my matteras on the lawn to air.

My mother never did anything other than take me to a doctor and tell me to change my sheets. Honestly, I sort of wished she'd put me in diapers; it would have been easier to clean up.

kerry said:
My mother never did anything other than take me to a doctor and tell me to change my sheets. Honestly, I sort of wished she'd put me in diapers; it would have been easier to clean up.

Yeah that was the good thing about wearing GoodNites diapers was that it helped a LOT compared to having to deal with wet sheets. (until they started to leak same with Depends) Now I'm glad to have better diapers that don't leak. Plus I'm starting to become more into the ABDL aspect, because it's helping me have fun more instead of being embarrassed by my diapers. I've noticed that the new diapers being thicker makes them more comfortable than the Depend pull-ups I was wearing that felt like "paper."

Last edited:
Up until I was probably 8 years old, I would have frequent accidents of both types. The doctor said that it was probably related to my frailness as a child and my many issues at birth. To this day, I still struggle with these issues, though I no longer call myself incontinent as I have it largely under control.

Regardless, my parents made it a point to embarrass and scold me over my accidents, even though they knew I could do little to prevent it. They never let me wear diapers for any of it, and there were a lot of tense and awkward times for me. I would often stare at my little brother's or cousin's diapers and wish that I could wear them. I had wished that I could finally be rid of the stress and embarrassment. Now, as an adult, I finally feel free.

Felix said:
Up until I was probably 8 years old, I would have frequent accidents of both types. The doctor said that it was probably related to my frailness as a child and my many issues at birth. To this day, I still struggle with these issues, though I no longer call myself incontinent as I have it largely under control.

Regardless, my parents made it a point to embarrass and scold me over my accidents, even though they knew I could do little to prevent it. They never let me wear diapers for any of it, and there were a lot of tense and awkward times for me. I would often stare at my little brother's or cousin's diapers and wish that I could wear them. I had wished that I could finally be rid of the stress and embarrassment. Now, as an adult, I finally feel free.

Yeah, I was a preemie and have a few health issues and my bladder is probably affected by that. My parents were quick to buy me diapers though (even though they kind of embarrassed me about GoodNites being sold in the baby aisle).

musicfan9389 said:
Yeah, I was a preemie and have a few health issues and my bladder is probably affected by that. My parents were quick to buy me diapers though (even though they kind of embarrassed me about GoodNites being sold in the baby aisle).

I'm glad that you had a better experience. I was pretty isolated as a kid, I was too small to handle anything physical, and my accidents usually ended in me being made fun of.

Felix said:
I'm glad that you had a better experience. I was pretty isolated as a kid, I was too small to handle anything physical, and my accidents usually ended in me being made fun of.

Ugh. I hate bullies. I only got bullied because I was small (still am), had a voice that is higher pitched than a lot of people and socialize differently. (I have trouble understanding sarcasm, tone of voice, and I repeat stuff over and over a lot.) Also, I got made fun fo for being on the swim team, then when I told them I couldn't play contact sports they made fun of the fact that I have a drainage tube in my brain. You are smarter than them though, just remember that.

Don’t think mom’s intention was to embarrass me. It was just she would not go out of her way to conceal my bed-wetting. For example, on wash day my diapers and rubber sheet were hung in plain view outside to dry. She claimed nobody would notice … I wasn’t so sure. Once dry she would leave my bed-wetting stuff out on the kitchen table for hours. Additionally, it seemed there was always a pair of plastic pants out in the open someplace in the house. I didn’t want anyone know. Out of fear of discovery I virtually never had a friend over to play. The embarrassment of wetting the bed had a significant impact on my early years.

WBxx said:
Don’t think mom’s intention was to embarrass me. It was just she would not go out of her way to conceal my bed-wetting. For example, on wash day my diapers and rubber sheet were hung in plain view outside to dry. She claimed nobody would notice … I wasn’t so sure. Once dry she would leave my bed-wetting stuff out on the kitchen table for hours. Additionally, it seemed there was always a pair of plastic pants out in the open someplace in the house. I didn’t want anyone know. Out of fear of discovery I virtually never had a friend over to play. The embarrassment of wetting the bed had a significant impact on my early years.

I think back in the old days (for those of us who are 50 years +) bedwetting was seen as a fairly common reality. I grew up in a big family in a poor industrial neighborhood with lots of other big families around. Some parents didn't have washing machines or dryers in the house and some had more than one wetter in the house. I think my mother didnt think anything of putting sheets out on the line because she didnt think they would identify any one of us in particular.

mikesecret said:
I think back in the old days (for those of us who are 50 years +) bedwetting was seen as a fairly common reality. I grew up in a big family in a poor industrial neighborhood with lots of other big families around. Some parents didn't have washing machines or dryers in the house and some had more than one wetter in the house. I think my mother didnt think anything of putting sheets out on the line because she didnt think they would identify any one of us in particular.

Yes you always knew where the bedwetters lived in our village growing up

All my siblings wet the bed regularly until they were teenagers, so they didn't tease or spill the beans. My parents didn't embarrass any of us, either. One set of my grandparents were great about it.

My other grandmother, though, shamed me about it mercilessly. She called me lazy and infantile. She claimed that I was doing it to get attention. If I stayed at her house, she would tell her friends that I had to wear diapers and she would hang my diapers and plastic pants on the line for everyone to see.

One of my aunts was almost as bad. She seemed to think that her kids would catch bedwetting from me.

My parents never went out of their way to embarrass me about my bedwetting but they were not very discreet about it either, when my mom was making the grocery list she would ask if i needed diapers regardless of whether i had friends around or not. We didnt really have to be discreet around family because every one knew and my 3 cousins also were bedwetters and wore diapers and thats where most of my diapers came from was my cousins because my aunt bought them in bulk she would buy enough for me too, always luvs or pampers in pink i very seldom got blue ones for boys because my cousins were all girls. My parents always made me wear baby diapers until goodnites came out and sometimes even after that until they just didnt fit anymore i think it was about 1995 when i wore my last baby diaper. My family did start to make a little bit of fuss about my diaper wearing when i started high school but it was just like poorly timed rude comments nothing scarring or anything. In the end i was a little embarrassed that they were still buying me goodnites as a teenager luckily it stopped not long before i was 16, of course the victory was short lived as i got injured when i was 17 and was left with no bladder control all and 18 years later thats where i still am. After my injury none of my family has said a word about my incontinence or diapers or anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back