Betterdry tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anybody else have problems with the Betterdry tapes popping off? For some reason the top left tape seems to always pop on me. Other than that, a great diaper!

I'm having problems with that one my Crinklz. If I'm not mistaken they are the same diaper just with a printed shell.

I had that issue once, with one diaper out of the bag I bought to try them out. I started treating the tapes like I used to do the old ( 7 or 8 years ago) Abena Tapes. Make sure that you don't touch the plastic where the tape is going to stick at all, then pull that landing spot smooth ( no wrinkles under the tape). Then stick it down, once they are all stuck, rub the tapes a little on the outside, and make them a little warm with your hands. They have all been sticking like crazy since I started doing that. Give it a try.

I've been having the same problem of late. I take all the usual precautions, and never over tighten the tapes too. I've been quite dissatisfied with it too since their tapes used to be quite reliable.

My last order of Crinklz from Northshore have been so bad I'm having to add diaper pins to keep the tapes on. Except now every few diapers will actually rip. They are stretching more now too, which tells me the plastic shell is cheaper in addition to the cheaper tapes. Very sad.

Slomo said:
I've been having the same problem of late. I take all the usual precautions, and never over tighten the tapes too. I've been quite dissatisfied with it too since their tapes used to be quite reliable.

My last order of Crinklz from Northshore have been so bad I'm having to add diaper pins to keep the tapes on. Except now every few diapers will actually rip. They are stretching more now too, which tells me the plastic shell is cheaper in addition to the cheaper tapes. Very sad.

It is sad because I love how smooth and silky the plastic is and the absorbency is great with a lot of swell. I also noticed that the plastic stretches; having to readjust after wearing awhile. Oh well, I might get one more bag to experiment further with; to see if I can make them work for me. After that I’ll have no choice but to move on with another brand.

- - - Updated - - -

KryanAshford said:
I'm having problems with that one my Crinklz. If I'm not mistaken they are the same diaper just with a printed shell.

Yes, they are the same diaper.

I have found the adhesive on the blue tape to be softer and not stick as well. however if you pull the blue tape off and use the white tape under it, they will stick better,
I like the Better Dry diapers, very absorbent, comfortable, I will purchase them again

I’m on my very first bag ever of them and for the most part I think the tapes are awesome - especially considering how soft the plastic is on these diapers. I’m shocked how durable the combination has been.

However - I have found them to be more sensitive to powder or other contamination than other diaper tapes. I agree with what someone above said, with better dry it appears that keeping the taping area absolutely clean is essential to the best performance. There might be less tolerance to variation with this brand than with others - kind of like a race car lol. These might be the Lamborghini of diapers - high performance but temperamental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPRLuv85 said:
Anybody else have problems with the Betterdry tapes popping off? For some reason the top left tape seems to always pop on me. Other than that, a great diaper!

yep those and of course crinklz don't have the best taps. In my experience the 2nd chance tapes are worse than the first ones too. (most other diapers the opposite is the case) Something to do with the shell maybe?

Make sure you don't get any lotion or powder on the shell. Stick it down. Rub well. Try not to strain the tape soon after application.

bambinod said:
yep those and of course crinklz don't have the best taps. In my experience the 2nd chance tapes are worse than the first ones too. (most other diapers the opposite is the case) Something to do with the shell maybe?

Make sure you don't get any lotion or powder on the shell. Stick it down. Rub well. Try not to strain the tape soon after application.

Confirmed. It used to be the first (blue), and second chance (white) tapes both would stick to the shell almost permanantly. This was a great guarantee they wouldn't come off.

Except now they are both prone to popping off even if the shell is clean and you rub them on.

Comfycare I'm putting you on notice. We noticed the cheaper tapes, and we're not happy about it.

I also notice that I get a lot of bad tapes on the crinklz and betterdry. I wear medium and I’m not sure if it’s a problem with all sizes.

Out of curiosity, after posting this thread, I did try using the "second" chance tapes after the blue tapes had failed multiple times on the same diaper. The white second chance tapes seemed to hold better. However, after making the switch to the white tapes I only wore for maybe an hour or an hour and a half with limited movement; so I'm not sure that really tells me anything. I still have about 10 diapers left from this pack, so maybe next time I will start with just the white tapes...I've been wearing diapers long enough that I rarely ever need to re-adjust, so I don't need the second set of tapes anyway.

What I thought was the shell stretching (I mentioned this in my previous reply to this thread), may well have been the blue tapes "slipping" on the plastic...I've actually had this happen before on other diapers. The tapes will slip; which is usually a precursor to the tape actually popping off. More testing required...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back