Tena slip maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Would the Tena slip maxi still be considered a high capacity diaper? I remember them to be thin and swell nicely. Also, are they still plastic backed? I know there are other options out there.

There are two versions of Tena Slip. The Slip Maxi which is cloth backed and the Slip Active Fit which is plastic backed. They look thin but they do sap rather well and swell. I would consider them a high capacity nappy.

I am in Australia and haven’t seen the plastic active but the tena Slip maxi we’re one of my favourite diapers very absorbent very comfy and didn’t leak etc but recently they changed to a new version and they are rubbish in comparison I am really disappointed they did this but sadly it’s the trend these days. They are still an ok option compared to other medical types but the Abu range is so superior if that’s an option for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're good. Never have had any problems with them leaking.

To get the most out of the Slip Maxi you need to fold them lengthways to make a channel so your pee makes it to the back of the nappy otherwise pee tends to puddle at the front and they are prone to leaking.

The models depend on the geography. In Europe we only have one model and it is now cloth based, sane for Ultimate.

joelvc said:
The models depend on the geography. In Europe we only have one model and it is now cloth based, sane for Ultimate.

We have to Tena slip active fit which is plastic backed, comes in Maxi and Ultimate.

bobbilly said:
We have to Tena slip active fit which is plastic backed, comes in Maxi and Ultimate.

Thanks for the answer. This one doesn’t exist in Europe. I would love to us if it would. Now using Attends Slip active, which cheaper and plastic backed.

I wouldn't have ever considered them high capacity, although it was impressive how much they held for how thin they were. Maybe if I had access to them in the early days but I had Bambino Bellissimo around to compare them to when I got them. They're still one of my all-time favorites. The newer Active Fit don't hold as much but they're less expensive and still pretty nice.

Thank you all for the information . So similar in quality to molicare? Medium performance. I usually don’t like to feel like I’m wearing something super thin. I am in USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything similar to Tena, that would give me decent quality aka attends? How are abus bare bums?

joelvc said:
Thanks for the answer. This one doesn’t exist in Europe. I would love to us if it would. Now using Attends Slip active, which cheaper and plastic backed.

It does exist in Europe, but maybe not in your country.

The Tena Slip line exists in four absorbency levels: plus, super, maxi and ultima.
The ultima is on the same level as the m4, little over 5000 ml.
The maxi is, if I’m not remembering incorrectly, a few 100 ml below that.

qwertyqwerty said:
Thank you all for the information . So similar in quality to molicare? Medium performance. I usually don’t like to feel like I’m wearing something super thin. I am in USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything similar to Tena, that would give me decent quality aka attends? How are abus bare bums?

I personally think Molicare Slip is better quality than Tena Slips, I also think Attends Slip regular 10 are better quality than Tena's second only to the Molicares.

I used both Tena and Attends. Find them quite similar quality, Tena being more expensive than Attends here in Europe. Wearing Attends Slip Active with Tena booster right now!

joelvc said:

Sorry to correct you but I have bought Active fit from Tenas online store and from Save Express. Both in Europe, Sweden and Germany.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ShortGuy said:
Sorry to correct you but I have bought Active fit from Tenas online store and from Save Express. Both in Europe, Sweden and Germany.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

So you mean that they are the sane price on other countries? If so, glad to hear that. Thanks for the correction.

TSM are okay. They don't have waist elastic though, and their leak guards are really short and close to the edge. The plastic shell on the plastic ones is nice and soft. Capacity is above average for a medical diaper, and wicking is quite good.

How are the tsm for wetting laying down? Do they leak while sleeping from the short leak guards?

kawaiichibi said:
How are the tsm for wetting laying down? Do they leak while sleeping from the short leak guards?

Well they're called "standing leak guards" for a reason. They're more useful when you're standing. They do help when laying down, but only really when they can still seat themselves. They won't work as well when laying on your back, and are of almost no help on your side. The TSM's short leak guards are little help when laying down. This doesn't guarantee a leak - XP Medical's A+ diapers don't even have leak guards and they do okay due to fast wicking.

So with them it's very important to get a channel folded down the middle for overnight wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back