• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This is my first post about being DL/ABDL on any forum EVER!

I have been DL as long as I can remember. Over the years I have been discovering more and more of my AB/little side. I have kept this a secret for almost everyone so introducing myself here truly feels like a coming out. Although I have largely accepted being ABDL, I still find it difficult to fully embrace this important aspect of my life.

I work in health care and my most important hobby is listening to classical music and playing the piano. And I love sailing.

I am hoping to find support here, and a place where I can be open about being ABDL. I also hope that ADISC can help in discovering and understanding more of myself.

Makubird said:

I have been DL as long as I can remember. Over the years I have been discovering more and more of my AB/little side. I have kept this a secret for almost everyone so introducing myself here truly feels like a coming out. Although I have largely accepted being ABDL, I still find it difficult to fully embrace this important aspect of my life.

I work in health care and my most important hobby is listening to classical music and playing the piano. And I love sailing.

I am hoping to find support here, and a place where I can be open about being ABDL. I also hope that ADISC can help in discovering and understanding more of myself.

Welcome Makubird! That was a very informative intro. As you know, we are a support site so we're here for you and any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you around!

Makubird said:

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm a professional musician, trained as a church music director. I play both organ and piano though I now spend a lot more of my time on piano and keyboards. I've been working on learning a number of the Chopin Nocturnes, playing and memorizing. I love Chopin for piano, and Bach on the organ.

Welcome to ADISC!

Makubird said:
...my most important hobby is listening to classical music and playing the piano.

That's a bit unusual as most people tend to listen to more modern music.

I love classical music and listen to it most of the time. I also play a little piano but my first love is organ.

dogboy said:
I've been working on learning a number of the Chopin Nocturnes, playing and memorizing. I love Chopin for piano, and Bach on the organ.

Hi Dogboy, Chopin and Bach are also two of my favourite composers. I also love playing Beethoven because of the music, but also from a 'pianistical' (?) and technical point of view. Which nocturnes do you play and have you ever tried Chopin's berceuse?

- - - Updated - - -

BabyDenise said:
That's a bit unusual as most people tend to listen to more modern music.

Hi BabyDenise, unfortunately it is unusual. It might be easier to meet other ABDL than classical music lovers :rolleyes:. We are engaged in TWO niche worlds I guess :).

Makubird said:
Hi Dogboy, Chopin and Bach are also two of my favourite composers. I also love playing Beethoven because of the music, but also from a 'pianistical' (?) and technical point of view. Which nocturnes do you play and have you ever tried Chopin's berceuse?

- - - Updated - - -

I love the Chopin "Berceuse" but the problem I have with it are the spans. Chopin obviously had bigger hand than I do. I have started it. I suspect it's one of those pieces that I'll start to memorize it as I learn it since there are so many notes. The positive thing about the piece is that there are a lot of patterns in the runs.

I enjoy the Beethoven Sonatas and I played one of them when I was in high school. Some day I'll learn the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata. It too has a lot of patterns. It seems like the younger performing artists take it at an amazing clip.

I've learned and memorized the first two Chopin Nocturnes, the "B flat minor" and the "E flat Major". I have most of the D Flat Major down and it's my favorite of them all. I've learned the E minor, opus #72 and the C sharp minor. I'm working on memorizing both the D flat Major and the C sharp minor. I've also memorized the "G Major Prelude" and have been working on a number of the Chopin Preludes. Those are amazing pieces as well.

Makubird said:

Hi Makubird,

Welcome and I applaud you for your courage to "come out" as ABDL. I hope you will find, as I have, that ADISC is a great and supportive place to be who you are and to get support, help, and perspective on this important part of who we are. You and I are around the same age, and I, too, have only recently accepted the ABDL part of myself, so I understand how difficult this secret can be to share.

I used to play trumpet and I love listening to/appreciating music, but I'm no musician. I think it's great that you play the piano - I've always wanted to learn.

Again, you've come to the right place and welcome. Be well.

dogboy said:
I love the Chopin "Berceuse" but the problem I have with it are the spans. Chopin obviously had bigger hand than I do. ... The positive thing about the piece is that there are a lot of patterns in the runs.

Another positive thing is you only have to learn the right hand :)
I always have difficulties with the variation with the wide broken chords that resemble a music box.

dogboy said:
I enjoy the Beethoven Sonatas and I played one of them when I was in high school. Some day I'll learn the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata. It too has a lot of patterns. It seems like the younger performing artists take it at an amazing clip.

I am currently studying the third movement of the Moonlight sonata! I have wanted to play this piece since I was a (real) child but only a year ago I felt I was ready for it. Indeed many patterns and scales and not as difficult as I expected it to be. The most difficult thing to me is to resist the urge to play it too fast. Perhaps it sounds even better on a moderate tempo. Some of the recordings on youtube for example are ridiculously fast in my opinion.

Makubird said:
I am currently studying the third movement of the Moonlight sonata! I have wanted to play this piece since I was a (real) child but only a year ago I felt I was ready for it. Indeed many patterns and scales and not as difficult as I expected it to be. The most difficult thing to me is to resist the urge to play it too fast. Perhaps it sounds even better on a moderate tempo. Some of the recordings on youtube for example are ridiculously fast in my opinion.

Yes. I find it hard to believe that Beethoven played the third movement as fast as some of the Asian wonder kins play it. What they do is impressive, but at some point, it becomes a blur. The reason why I love the Chopin Nocturnes is that each note is important, as if it's a separate entity all to its own. Each note played has to be separately considered as to how loud or soft, how long it should sustain,etc. Like the Berceuse, every note is exposed, which really shows of the quality of the piano. That's why I bought a Yamaha Avant Grand. I certainly couldn't afford a 7' concert grand, nor do I have the room for one. The Avant Grand has multi-sampled each and every note from Yamaha's big 9' concert grand and not just the notes played, but also sustained in several different situations. I think it's an amazing technological achievement. What convinced me to buy one was that Julliard bought a number of them for their practice rooms.

Hey, fellow newb! Nice intro!

You are gorgious!

dogboy said:
That's why I bought a Yamaha Avant Grand.

What a coincidence! I am seriously considering buying an N1. Which one have you bought? Still happy with it?
I definitely agree that the Avantgrands are the best digital piano's. I have tried them a couple of times. What keeps me from buying is that I already have a (15 year old) Clavinova although it shows increasing issues at startup, like freezing and crashing.
I also think it is a shame that Yamaha did not fit in a better interface/display/more options like in the Clavinova series.

And I am extremely lucky (spoiled?) to also have a 214 cm grand piano! But because I live in an appartment building I am limited in the hours that I can play.

Makubird said:
What a coincidence! I am seriously considering buying an N1. Which one have you bought? Still happy with it?
I definitely agree that the Avantgrands are the best digital piano's. I have tried them a couple of times. What keeps me from buying is that I already have a (15 year old) Clavinova although it shows increasing issues at startup, like freezing and crashing.
I also think it is a shame that Yamaha did not fit in a better interface/display/more options like in the Clavinova series.

And I am extremely lucky (spoiled?) to also have a 214 cm grand piano! But because I live in an appartment building I am limited in the hours that I can play.

Ah, you are lucky to have a real grand piano. I have an N2. I went looking for an N 1, but my wife thought we should get the N 2 because of the bass speakers which gives it more body. But if you already have a real grand, I think you would be happy with the N 1. It was the N 1 that the Julliard School of Music bought. In fact, Lynchburg College (they're actually a university) bought a number of N 1's. I live in Lynchburg, Va.

I don't know if you know the rocker, Bruce Hornsby, but I actually was trying out the N 2 that he had bought in the store where my wife and I went to hear the Yamahas. The nice thing about the N series is that they use a real grand piano action from their G series, so you shouldn't see much difference in feel and touch.

dogboy said:
I have an N2. I went looking for an N 1, but my wife thought we should get the N 2 because of the bass speakers which gives it more body.

Good choice, I guess your wife was right. And don't wait too long with Beethoven's Moonlight sonata, it is achievable! We could help each other when we are having difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hi Makubird,

Welcome and I applaud you for your courage to "come out" as ABDL. I hope you will find, as I have, that ADISC is a great and supportive place to be who you are and to get support, help, and perspective on this important part of who we are. You and I are around the same age, and I, too, have only recently accepted the ABDL part of myself, so I understand how difficult this secret can be to share.

I used to play trumpet and I love listening to/appreciating music, but I'm no musician. I think it's great that you play the piano - I've always wanted to learn.

Again, you've come to the right place and welcome. Be well.

Hi TabulaRasa, thank you for your kind words. It feels so good to find out that I am not alone in my process of acceptance, my uncertainties and struggling with being ABDL. I think there are many kind people on ADISC and I am very happy that I became a member.

Makubird said:
Good choice, I guess your wife was right. And don't wait too long with Beethoven's Moonlight sonata, it is achievable! We could help each other when we are having difficulties.

I do need to play something other than Chopin. I've also been working on and off, three pieces by Debussy, the first Arabesque, Clair de lune and Reverie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back