Does what type of nappy you wore as a child reflect what you like now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember when I was in hospital aged 5, my mum was talking to this other women who (I presume) son was severely disabled and had a stack of blue adult nappies sitting on his bedside table. I was fascinated. Since then I have always had a liking to medical looking blue/purple nappies, especially molicares (which I presume was on his bedside table) Do you think what you wore or seen as a baby/child reflects on your preference now?

Yes, I believe so. I had some simple white disposable tap napies as a child and that’s my preferences today,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do still like the cloth diapers and rubber pants, however with the improvements in the disposable diapers I find the premium diapers from places such as: ABU and north shore very good

I was born in the early 60's so wore some variety of cloth diapers and plastic pants. I've actually never tried wearing cloth again since it was never practical for me to keep them around. I'm also quite partial to any type of premium adult disposables but I do like to wear a plastic diaper cover over them at night.

I was in cloth as a baby, but when I was maybe 6 to 11 or so my mom babysat quite a few kids. Some of them had disposables. I remember thinking that they were pretty cool. I never tried to use any, but I do like plastic backed diapers. Just recently I bought a few cloth diapers and really like them as well.
I remember finding some of my baby stuff, and being fascinated with it. I can still remember the smell of the things. Sort of similar to the smell of Dreft. I wish I could figure out what that was that made everything smell so wonderful.

Most certainly it does. I remember cloth diapers and sears best milky white plastic pants. Those are what I prefer. I remember my brother in the original "rectangular" pampers and preferred that style in adult diaper until they became impossible to find. I suspect this is why I prefer plastic-backed over "cloth."

It doesn't seem to apply in my case. From my baby pictures, I wore cloth. Although I do have some cloth diapers and I like plastic pants in theory, it's disposables that really say "diaper" to me. If it's any early formed association, I'd say it's what was commonly available at the time I was interested in wearing. Those were all disposables.

For me, it certainly does. I was diapered in cloth prefolds as a baby, and have a strong affinity for them as a DL. A lot of that is probably because my parents kept my old diapers around, too. As soon as my DL urges hit, I had diapers available to satisfy them with, and the connection deepened. As a teen, I branched out and ended up liking disposables as well, but cloth remained king.

I wore plain white flat cloth diapers and plastic pants as a child. But now I wear print Velcro or pin-on contour cloth diapers and plastic pants when I am sure I can wash them. I also like to wear printed or plain plastic covered disposable diapers.

Cloth baby here and have a bunch of cloth diapers and plastic pant that i wear now and then but disposable are what i prefer for ease of use.

I only wore cloth diapers as a baby but I don't remember it at all (information is from my mom).

When I started to wet the bed at about ten or so, I wore plastic snap-on pants with an attached soaker pad that really did not work at all.

Nowadays, I prefer disposables because they are easier to use (especially the clean-up - just throw them away) but I also occasionally wear cloth diapers.

I know I wore your standard 90's disposables, but don't remember this at all. So what I wore is not really a factor. In fact, I kinda wish ab/dl diaper companies would make diapers that are more similar to modern baby diapers.

The real key lies in what I saw: those Pull-Ups commercials helped form and fuel a fetish that still carries on to this day.

Not really, I barely remember what I was in as a kid, just that it was blue and plastic, and I prettymuch don't have any desire for those at all. But I'm probably most nostalgic for Goodnites, that's what I grew up wearing. They came out right when I was getting too big for Pullups. But I've never had an "adult pullon underwear" that wasn't just garbage. I'd probably be pretty hype for a product that was adult sized Goodnites, but I'm told that's a long ways away if ever.

So, not really, no, lol

It does for me too. Baby Diapers in general but mainly Pampers since there was always Pampers in the house 😁

I know that I word mostly cloth diapers as a baby/ toddler and I still love them to this day. That being said I am also a little bit of a hippie and like that I dont throw anything out with them, I hate waste. Disposables are fun and have their time but I prefer cloth

Well I wore terry cloth nappies and plastic pants as a baby (I know because my mum still uses a few round the house as rags) but I have only ever been interested in disposables, though I do wear them with plastic pants. I'm not keen on medical looking nappies, I prefer babyish ones.

joelvc said:
Yes, I believe so. I had some simple white disposable tap napies as a child and that’s my preferences today,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the exact same way. Plain white plastic backed. Maybe a small little design on the front panel.

It's not exactly what you wore as a baby, but what you remember being around or exposed to when you were younger.

I’m an old guy. So I wore cloth diapers when I was a baby. When I was very young, I wore real rubber pants over them. However, I was a bedwetter until I was about 10, and plastic pants replaced the rubber ones when I was 5 or 6. When I was 14, I experienced a surgical mishap that has left me with bladder-control problems ever since. Until about 20 or 25 years ago, I continued to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. I even bought a sewing machine and learned to make my own. But when reliable disposable diapers came along, I was happy to switch. Cloth diapers and plastic pants are a nuisance to wash and maintain. Disposable diaper make living with urge incontinence much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back