What diapers did everyone wear when they were growing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in the 60s, when all babies and toddlers wore either Curity flat diapers or prefolds and plastic pants. I know we had both in my house.

When I could, I improvised with a bath towel. I found adult disposables in 1983; those were the first 'real' diapers I wore since I was about 3.

I wore two Curity flats sewn together for several years in the mid 80s, as well as the 'diaper style' disposables that looked a lot like 70s Pampers.

ABs and DLs today are spoiled for choice! The options you have now didn't exist when I was in my 20s and 30s; we had to create them on our own.

I never experienced any sort of bedwetting issues growing up, so I didn't get to wear diapers beyond potty training age. I do remember many years ago my mom telling me that I wore both Luvs and Pampers as a baby...she said she tried Huggies too, but didn't like them because they leaked a lot.

Hotcocoman07 said:
I used to wear Goodnites Pull-ups I always liked the ones with BMX bikes and Skateboards on them

I did too. When I started wetting the bed in 8th grade they had soccer players on them. I quit wearing them a little bit after I started college before I switched to Depends. Last month I got tired of the Depend Pull-Ups leaking so I'm wearing tape-on ConfiDry 24/7 and North Shore Supreme diapers. I just recently discovered ABDL and it's giving me a way to cope with my accidents, so I may buy some Crinklz for fun since I'm too small for most other ABDL diapers.

Huggies if I remember correctly. They aren’t the stupid cloth backed junk that we have today. They were all plastic. I remember wearing them to kindergarten and through much of my 1st grade year of school.

I started to wet my bed again at age 5. It was not long before mom had me back in my old cloth birdseye diapers along with new plastic pants. She had stored them away in an old cedar chest down in the basement. I remember how embarrassed I was. So afraid that one of my friends would find out I had to wear diapers.

musicfan9389 said:
I did too. When I started wetting the bed in 8th grade they had soccer players on them. I quit wearing them a little bit after I started college before I switched to Depends. Last month I got tired of the Depend Pull-Ups leaking so I'm wearing tape-on ConfiDry 24/7 and North Shore Supreme diapers. I just recently discovered ABDL and it's giving me a way to cope with my accidents, so I may buy some Crinklz for fun since I'm too small for most other ABDL diapers.

I sadly had to stop wearing pull-ups when my mom put me on some type of medicine that helped with bed wetting, I stopped wearing around 7th grade. Did it stink to have to wear pull-ups through high school or did you know you were a tbdl by then?

Cloth nappies with a big safety pin, growing up in the 60s. And plastic pants (mine were clear with a geometric star design in blue).

I grew up with Huggies for the most part, both the diapers and the pull-ups. My bedwetting came later, but during the interim, as I still was into diapers; I wore a bunch of odd and cheap ones including adult pull-ups and for a time I wore Goodnites. When I found out that I had a problem with keeping dry at night while in high school (which was a shocker especially for me at that age), I tried my best to get more (either legitimately or by stealing when the opportunity presented itself) and wore a bunch of things including Abenas, Prevails and even some dedicated ABDL diapers (Bambinos and a sample pack of ABU SDKs). Eventually I got caught and had to come clean; thankfully it was kept between a smaller group of people so my reputation wasn't tarnished. I purged for a time because not only could I not fund it (despite having a bedwetting problem), I also was guilty about doing it. Even though I knew I had and still do have problems with keeping the bed dry, at least I have some control to stop it when it happens. I recently restarted the head-space with ATNs and more recently Northshores in order to at least partially address my issues, both physically and mentally.

Reactions: T3guuM44
I’m sure I grew up in cloth diapers with plastic pants - I remember my siblings, in the late 80s, wearing the very early forms of pampers all white plastic diapers with single tapes. And there are pictures from family albums that have boxes of those old pampers in them. WHat I remember the most are the pull-ups and GoodNites my younger siblings wore for bedwetting. I also particularly remember a pack of plastic backed Huggies UltraTrim that my grandmother had at her house for years - for when my siblings would visit. I snuck one of those on more than one occasion. But I could never fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember wearing super cute Elmo Huggies ever since I was born. Of course, I don't remember much until 4 or 5, but I know I wore them, because my mom kept extra packs of diapers when I was potty training. At about 5 I was fully potty trained, but I would sneak into the leftover packages and put them on myself. I know it sounds weird, but the memories are so oddly vivid. I did that off-and-on for about two weeks, and then my mom found out and got rid of the rest. I was such a sneaky little kiddo!

Fast forward to 7 going on 8. I started to wet the bed. It happened for about two months straight before my mom decided to buy my very first goodnites. They had regular underwear print on them, but I remember getting excited about wearing them. I eventually stopped involuntarily wetting the bed at about 10. I started doing it on purpose!:giggles: At least for a few more months, until puberty hit like a ton of bricks. Overall, I'd say that Goodnites we're (and still are) hands down my fave baby diaper. They got adorable over time, and they worked pretty well. I don't remember anything going wrong.

Kisses!
-MissDaisyyy

I wore Luvs with Barney the dinosaur until I was completely potty-trained before turning six. I loved wearing those in the late 90's/ early 2000's.

I believe it was Pampers and Huggies as a baby. I was a late bedwetter, but sadly I rarely got to wear diapers, and Goodnites were not invented yet.

Cloth diapers & plastic pants. Still do.

I wore pampers and then the awesome all white goodnites.

Pampers, I was a mid 80’s kid and we didn’t have pull ups yet, so it was pampers day and night, when training started it was thick cotton underwear during the day and diapers at night.

As I was born in the 1950's, it was cloth diapers with plastic or rubber pants.

1996 until 1998 more or less (I think I was potty trained when I was 2?) So Luvs, Pampers, Huggies, more or less whatever was on sale at the time. I do have a vague memory of a brand that had a very particular package/design on it but I've yet to find it. I did in the past 2 years buy a pack of the swim diapers I wore as a child for nostalgia reasons. Lol

I was in the very late 80's plastic backed Pampers. ( Progressed onto washable plastic backed training pants with a fixed Terry cloth inside for my first year or so of school. (wishing I could find adult versions of these!!) Then pinched some of my brothers early-mid 90's plastic backed Pampers Baby Dry as I started to realise I liked them.

Cloth & plastic pants....mid- 60's
Curity flats from what my mom tells me

Best I could reproduce is a 54" square flat diaper flannel....but it is close enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back