Birthdays aren't special to me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMax2000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Tomorrow's my birthday. And it doesn't even feel like it. In fact, since I was 16, I've always been sad around this time. Because I know I get older when I don't want to be older. I end up feeling sad and depressed because I'm not a kid. All I want to be is a kid. And now that I'm older im not. I miss getting cartoon birthday cakes, me thinking the world revolved around me, playing at places, getting cool toys. Now all it is is either money (which is ok) and birthday cards. Its not the same. Anyone else feel like this?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

You're not alone, I've begun feeling like that as well. It's tougher I feel like for us Littles since the one wish we'd all blow out our candles for won't come true. I guess on the upside it's always possible to still get a cartoon cake or toys but the feeling just isn't the same. I'm not sure how to beat feeling like this, if it's possible, but I guess just trying to make the best with what we've got is what we'll have to do. If it's any consolation I wish you a very Happy Birthday, and hope its not all sad tomorrow!

The reminder may be no fun but that's all it is. We're the sum of our experiences as we interact with the world and others. Even a child who somehow stayed frozen at a given age would accumulate experience and become something else unless their memory was purged periodically. I think the real challenge is to take what's good from our experiences and emphasize that. The child me could not imagine being as old as I am now except perhaps as some mythical guy bent over with a walking stick and a beard (I have neither). The current me can remember and imagine better than that little guy when I try. I can't do anything about it, so I may as well enjoy it.

Happy birthday :)

Strange, I've never had that feeling. I love my birthdays and I still think they're special, they can be a lot of fun, I get to see my entire family, hang out with friends, I net some extra cash, etc. As much as I might enjoy being a baby from time to time, I enjoy a lot about being an adult too and being an adult is super fun on your birthday. It sucks that we must age, but sadly, them's the breaks.

Fortunately, I think being an AB actually helps me to continue enjoying my birthdays. Yeah, with each birthday that passes, as much as I enjoy them, I do get a little older, I can feel wistful at that fact from time to time, but at the end of the day, I still wear diapers and onesies and babe out and when I'm doing that, I don't feel old at all. For me at this point, my mantra is, it's not about how old you are but how old you feel :)

RompingBulbasaur said:
You're not alone, I've begun feeling like that as well. It's tougher I feel like for us Littles since the one wish we'd all blow out our candles for won't come true. I guess on the upside it's always possible to still get a cartoon cake or toys but the feeling just isn't the same. I'm not sure how to beat feeling like this, if it's possible, but I guess just trying to make the best with what we've got is what we'll have to do. If it's any consolation I wish you a very Happy Birthday, and hope its not all sad tomorrow!

It's really tough for me. That's the one wish I really want to come true. And I would almost do anything to make it come true. I mean if someone were to actually give me a Mickey Mouse cake (my little me is really into Mickey) and maybe like a toy oh say a pack of hot wheels, I don't know what I would do. I'd probably tear up. I try, I get to spend time with my family that's the most important part. But I want my little side to experience it too.
I hope tomorrow won't be sad at all, but i don't know. I get to see my grandparents.
Thank you for the birthday saying. [emoji4]

Hi BabyMax2000

first Happy birthday to you.

https://youtu.be/q5CUnuE3WRs

OK kiddo

remember being a Little is not the same as when you where a child. and the grown ups don't understand.

so it up to you and now your mummy.

you can still make the day special by getting your self some toys to play with and planing some little time.

think happy thought.

siysiy

The one thing about diapers is that they help us to remember that feeling of when we were still in touch with something quite nice. Same with all of the other things that go along with them. Maybe that "Quite Nice" thing and feeling is something real? If it is real, maybe it can even be reached in easier ways too. All of the ways to reach that feeling are fine, but I would say, never give up on the fact that that feeling is real, and that that is where you and I and all of the rest of us, are meant to be.

Yooda

I haven't celebrated my birthday in over 5 years. It's just another day that passes by just like the sands of time. My birthday has a lot of negative energy attached to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My worst birthday was when I turned 20 because I was no longer a teenager. I was in college so it was just another day. When I went home for the weekend, my parents celebrated it, but money was short because of college expenses. Once you are no longer a kid, it's never the same, but birthdays can be fun even when you're an adult. You have to have a big party with all your friends and family and just enjoy the day and the cake.

Age can bring a degree of freedom.

I have a Paw Patrol calander on my wall and Disney bedding on my bed.

Being an adult means I can 'parent' my 'little' self as I want.

pd8615 said:
Age can bring a degree of freedom.

I have a Paw Patrol calander on my wall and Disney bedding on my bed.

Being an adult means I can 'parent' my 'little' self as I want.
I do too, but it's hard when you have a family who's not accepting.

You're not alone. It's quite common to see birthdays get less and less important every year. After oh so many of them, birthdays just become yet another day.

Slomo said:
You're not alone. It's quite common to see birthdays get less and less important every year. After oh so many of them, birthdays just become yet another day.
I know. But I miss them being special, I love remembering that the world revolved around me for 1 day. Themed parties, having some friends over, presents ect. I miss all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back