Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Saw a Doctor.

Sounds to me like you've given your husband plenty of family. If he cares for you in such a way, I very much doubt he resents you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post
    Sounds to me like you've given your husband plenty of family. If he cares for you in such a way, I very much doubt he resents you.
    I'm sure I'll move on from this sadness soon enough-- he is everything to me, my husband. I'm trying to ignore the lower half of me, and focusing on the BETTER half of me.

I understand it myself. Going to the doctor can be a bit of a crapshoot. You're half afraid they'll find nothing or that they'll dismiss you because they'd rather play psychologist and try to blame your problem on your psyche. On the other hand there's a very good possibility they'll find something but will it be worse then you can imagine or will it not be so bad after all?

If you're already prone to anxiety, this just adds to that.
    Yeah but a doctor confirming you have something worse than you thought, or not at all, isn't going to make your problem go away. Quite the opposite really, not going to the doctor or otherwise ignoring it is a sure fire way to make it worse.

If anxiety and fear is a concern, it's simple and easy to conclude there will be more anxiety from not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Yeah but a doctor confirming you have something worse than you thought, or not at all, isn't going to make your problem go away. Quite the opposite really, not going to the doctor or otherwise ignoring it is a sure fire way to make it worse.

If anxiety and fear is a concern, it's simple and easy to conclude there will be more anxiety from not going.
    But your question was why she should be nervous. I was giving you reasons why she is probably nervous.

But your question was why she should be nervous. I was giving you reasons why she is probably nervous.
    And yet my point was that still makes no sense. Going to a doctor helps bring a better understanding or otherwise dispell unfounded fears- which in itself is calming not nerve wracking.

So then why is the OP nervous to go to the doctor???

And yet my point was that still makes no sense. Going to a doctor helps bring a better understanding or otherwise dispell unfounded fears- which in itself is calming not nerve wracking.

So then why is the OP nervous to go to the doctor???
    Things which make sense to you might not be so clear and logical to others.

However, I panic when it comes to medical situations-- it doesn't mean it's a logical movement or that it helps me in any way. I'm quite clear on just how unhelpful panicking is, but you don't always get a choice. And, before you then respond with "yes you can," I will refer you to my first sentence.

It's not always calming to find out what is wrong with you -- it should be, but if I learned I had cancer, I can guarantee you I wouldn't feel any peace just because I now know.

No, my feelings aren't on the scale of rational, but sometimes you can't always just stop the panic. However, I DO, in a perfect me that doesn't exist (LOL), understand what you were trying to say...so, thank you. ^_^

Lilkess i for one do understand youre decition as well as the panic part 100 & and recpect youre decitions likewies , Sorry about youre problems tho .

And also the BETTER half you is YOU not specifik parts of you dear, And theres always adoptions if you and youre husband whants to start a family dear (ether way you should NOT feel that you somehow let down youre husband due to this problem LilKess,sadly this things do happen and NOONE is to blame

Also the accepting part is in my opinion the first and worst step to take on in this problems. For some it comes fast and some needs some too process al this in ones head. Im shore that when you feel its time you will able to accept as well and continue youre life

There can be a variation of reasons that people are scared to go to the medical aid or otherwise chose NOT to take that step and we al must try to accept those that have takend sed decition not to yet go and see the docs
    Last edited by Missy1; 6 Hours Ago at 15:42.