Some Questions for more... experienced veterans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePenguinLover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, so although I am new to this site (I had no IDEA there were forums specifically for ABDLs?) I have been a Diaper Lover for YEARS. (Like 7-8)

And as a noob beginner, I have some questions. (Literally, have had no opportunity to wear diapers up until now.)

1. I ordered some Abena Abri-Foam M4's as a first diaper, (Was that a good idea?)

2. If it's a good idea to come out to my parents, how do I do it?

3. Any tips you kinda have for beginners.

Sorry if this is frustrating to answer, But I really don't know... Thanks in advance!!

Hi 1 that is a good order you will be happy.

2 I would not tell your parents that could blow up in your face and lead to other problems on the home front.

3 Just go slow and see what you like don't have to do everything at once.

Have fun bn3baby

1) M4s aren’t bad. Do try some more diapers to find out what you like best though. My favs are Northshore Supremes, and ABDL printed diapers can be fun if you’re into that.

2) No, generally kinks are something you’d want to keep from your parents. For instance, would you want to hear about how they like to get busy? Hahaha.

3) Try everything and you’ll find out what you like best! (Not just diapers, but experiences too)

Hey and welcome! I'm literally the exact same as far as being a DL for 7-8 years but not having a chance to wear until recently. I'm by far no expert, like I said I'm still pretty new myself, but I think I can still share some experience that may help.
1) I haven't tried the M4s myself, but they seem to be very high quality and a popular option, so I don't think you made a bad first choice.

2) Usually it's not a good idea to come out to your parents, at least not this quickly. I've had the same nagging question about coming out, and feel like I should sometimes, but I think coming out to someone should be based on if it will benefit BOTH parties. If it in someway improves your relationship and they gain something from knowing, then sure, but if it just serves to complicate things there's no reason to tell them. Also, your feelings may change or evolve as you try new things so it could be tricky to try and explain something so new.

3)Definitely go slow, I know it can be tempting to rush everything you've wanted to try for so long, but be sure to take your time, you'll enjoy it way more that way. Practice taping a diaper on a few times to get a good feel for what kinda fit you like, I'd recommend taping it on laying down then adjusting when you stand up. Also just as a precaution, baby powder is always a good choice, regardless of if you intend on using the diaper or not, it just helps with chafing in general so I'd highly recommend using it.
As far as experiences, I can't recommend sleeping in a diaper enough, it's incredible. And I don't know if you're also AB/Little at all but I'd recommend giving some things like a pacifier or getting a onesie a try. I thought I was exclusively DL until I ventured out a bit and found I really enjoy those things with a diaper as well!
Finally be sure to come back with any other questions! I'm sure people here would be more than happy to answer them, and newer people (like myself) could stand to gain some more knowledge. Hope you have a lot of fun, and again, welcome!

P.S: Once you get through the M4s, I'd highly recommend checking out the ABU Space/LittlePawz/Simple (whichever design you like best) they're my favorite currently.

1. Idk this brand, but it's good to try different ones, many companies send free samples,,,

2. I wouldn't tbh, asking the question appears to indicate that they might not be positive about it, you'd need to be very sure they would at least accept it,,,

3. Don't rush things, enjoy the journey, and be very careful about disposing discreetly,

Finally, welcome and good luck, hope you enjoy the experiences you have yet to have!

Hi TPL,

I agree fully with all of the excellent recommendations above. As for myself at age 61, I've never come out with my folks, though they know about it, I'm sure. Like Plottwist said, I wouldn't want my folks telling me about how they "made busy" and I don't feel any need for them to know "what turns me on" either.

Regarding "going slow," the main thing is, be patient with both yourself, and with all of those around you. Don't ever expect your ABDL tendencies to suddenly go away, that's for sure. Don't judge yourself too harshly for having these tendencies. Don't expect others to understand much if anything about why you have these tendencies. And most importantly, do let the fact that you have these tendencies always remind you to be accepting of the differences of others, and of what may at first appear to be their shortcomings, just as you would want them to accept you just as you are.

Hope this BB can be helpful to you, or maybe you will be helpful for this BB, who knows?

Yooda

Last edited:
Another piece of advice from a more experienced user - beware the Binge Purge cycle! If you are a beginner there is a good chance, at some point, you may feel a sense of shame or disgust with your interest. You will be tempted to throw everything away and try to suppress your feelings toward diapers. Then after awhile you may decide it was a mistake and want to have diapers again. This cycle is well written about on ADISC, so I don't pretend to be the authority. Just be aware of it and resist the temptation to throw everything away - this gets real expensive over time. Find a place where you can put things away for awhile out of sight out of mind whenever you need to take a break.

Hope you enjoy your experience. ADISC is a wonderfully supportive community. Abena M4s are an excellent first diaper, good choice. And when you are ready, there are some amazing premium ABDL diapers out there to try.

Tig.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

M4s are a good disposable. Take time to learn about taping strategies / soaking limits and as a male the "point up" or point down as goes for our gender. After trying different disposables you may want to try some plastic underpants also. Being 18 you need to experience your connections to diapers first and keep it private for now. After much time you can then begin to see about it being a lifestyle change and if letting others know if this private activity is something you want to let others know about. There is a lot going on in your young life so keep it simple as a DL for now.

Welcome!

1. M4 are great! They are kinda like the gateway drug of ABDL. You'll love them, and later you'll find even better, but might still love them.

2. Why? It's your underwear. It's none of their business. You don't confess the kinds of things you wank off to, do you? No. That's your own private thing. Telling them will likely upset them, cause them stress and grief, and maybe even make your mother cry. Do you want your mother to cry?
There is a super tiny and remote chance that they might, maybe, accept it, but far more likely is that telling them will permanently ruin your relationship with your family.

3. Try everything! Realize that the binge-purge thing is a real thing that EVERY abdl goes through. Try everything again! Don't stress. Try everything else!
:biggrin:

1. I ordered some Abena Abri-Foam M4's as a first diaper, (Was that a good idea?)

You could definitely do far worse. I haven't tried them in a long while, but I'd say for a starting diaper? :thumbsup:

It sort of depends on what type of parents you have? But generally, I'd say no. It's simply not worth it 99% of the time. Unless your situations demands it, because of living arrangements or something.

Not sure if anyone's suggested it yet. But--if you haven't already, try sleeping with a diaper on. It's incredible. It takes some getting used to, but...after a while, you'll start to understand that the phrase 'Sleeping like a baby' really IS an actual thing.

Dan09 said:

You could definitely do far worse. I haven't tried them in a long while, but I'd say for a starting diaper? :thumbsup:

It sort of depends on what type of parents you have? But generally, I'd say no. It's simply not worth it 99% of the time. Unless your situations demands it, because of living arrangements or something.

Not sure if anyone's suggested it yet. But--if you haven't already, try sleeping with a diaper on. It's incredible. It takes some getting used to, but...after a while, you'll start to understand that the phrase 'Sleeping like a baby' really IS an actual thing.
Sleeping in a nappy is just amazing. I took to it like a duck to water.

I don't really have good answers for 1 or 3 but 2, I would not come out to your parents. Odds are they will not understand, think something is wrong with you, and maybe even make you get professional help. There's just no benefit. This is coming from someone that had a pretty bad experience when my parents found out.

Abena M4's were the first real diapers I bought for myself, definitely a good first choice!

Quick story: I got outed when my folks caught me with a Goodnites pant on underneath my jeans, and they didn't take it well, to the point where I was made to get professional help. Though they've relented to an extent, I know they aren't a huge fan of it.

For a lot of parents, mine included, it's a very difficult subject to approach. In my personal experience, it's best just to avoid the subject altogether, unless your folks are really open-minded and don't mind too much about what you choose to do with yourself. It's easy for people like us to get why you do it because we're all like-minded in this department. Parents, usually not so much.

3. Any tips you kinda have for beginners?

I know a lot of this will be repeat by now (probably), but first things first, take it slow. Explore at your own pace, and don't feel like you have to obligated to do certain things. Do whatever feels comfortable to you. It took me a while, but I started to get more into the AB side of it, with onesies, pacifiers, stuffed animals, and that sort of thing. You might surprise yourself about what you discover while exploring. I will say this, though, sleeping in diapers is an amazing feeling. For me, there's a great sense of comfort and relaxation while sleeping in one, and honestly, I think they help me to sleep better.

Another thing is try out different diapers, and see what works best for you. A lot of folks have a preference to one or a few based on how they fit, how they look, how they perform, etc... There's enough of a variety to suit just about everyone's tastes, and eventually you'll find your ideal diaper.

I know it's been discussed, but try to avoid the binge/purge cycle. I've gone through it enough times to know that throwing it all away when you begin to question yourself isn't worth it. If you feel like you are getting overwhelmed, pack it all up and put it somewhere out of the way. With enough time, you'll probably end up coming back, and instead of starting over, you'll have all of your supplies ready to go for you next adventure.

A trick I learned with those M4s, because you can only tape and retape a very few number of times, try to use either packaging tape or duct tape to make a landing zone on the front of the diaper. The tapes are very sticky, and will rip the plastic on the front of the diaper once attached.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask. We're all here to help.

As has been said excellent choice for a first ride enjoy yourself this is neutral sacred ground , AND there are some phenomely smart nice people who are here with combined diaper experience of 100's of years.
The only dumb question is the one you have no answer for ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back