Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I often make lists from time to time about what my baby-side would like to have when I move into a bigger place, future plans. After just glancing upon another post in this forum, a review of baby bassinet's, my baby-side finds himself wanting a bassinet fit for an AB.

Has anyone else thought of this? An ABDL Bassinet? I'm sure they have. I think it would be a wonderful item to have in a nursery. In fact, considering that my baby-side often veers towards the younger end of the spectrum, I find myself all warm and fuzzy at the thought of laying/sleeping in a bassinet as opposed to a crib (cribs are nice too though :))

For future reference, does anyone know of anywhere online where one could get an ABDL Bassinet? Are there custom furniture places (baby or otherwise) that could whip up something like this upon request? Any other AB's ever think about having an adult-sized bassinet? If so, do any of the more enterprising and tactile AB's who frequent this site know how to go about making one from scratch?

I've never seen or heard of an ABDL bassinet. To be honest, I'd be a little surprised if they existed. Most ABs seem to identify more as toddlers than as infants, and bassinets are strictly for newborns. If you want one, your best bet is to build it yourself.

I sort of figured this was something I would probably have to build or have made.

Does anyone know where I could find blueprints for or instructions on how to build a bassinet?

I wouldn't say "no" to trying one out but I think that the hassle of getting in and out of the small, sunken, padded bed might wreck it. When my thoughts turn that direction, I think of a low to the ground cradle. It's a minor fantasy but something I might get around to when I inevitably win the lottery I almost never play. Good luck with your vision!

Several years ago there used to be an adult baby nursery based in the UK run by a lady called Hazel Jones. This was in the early days of the web. She offered clothes etc, but more importantly overnight stays in the nursery. There was a choice of two rooms, one with a drop side cot/crib, and the other with a large rocking cradle. It was full adult size and very well made. I spent many a good night in both.
Sadly it no longer exists and I can no longer find any pictures from those days. Hazel was providing for ABs when there was very little available.

Adult-sized cribs are niche enough. I'm pretty sure a bassinet would be a made-to-order thing.

Do capsule-shaped beds exist? (I'll save that Google exercise for somebody else.) If so, that might be the place to start, because then you'd have a good bassinet-like mattress and frame. From there, you could build up a bassinet much as you would build a crib from an ordinary bed. One key departure would be the plush sides and the hood, so having a good sewist at your disposal would be crucial.

Like Trevor, I'm not sure I relish the thought of being swaddled in some form-fitted thing, but then there's no reason it has to be like that. An elevated, padded crib might fit the need without too much hassle--or claustrophobia.

I remember my kids having a turtle pool for outside. I was round and made of plastic and you filled it up with the garden hose. I'm sure that's as close as you would find.

I know an AB bassinet wouldn't be for everybody, but I think it would be a great piece of nursery furniture to have... I know I'd certainly feel quite little lying in one.

Based on the comments here and what I have searched online, it seems as though no other AB's have entertained the idea of an adult-sized bassinet. Do I get bonus points for originality at least?

I think many of my fellow posters are correct in their estimation that I may have to customize or whip something up myself if I am ever going to have one.

Fortunately, during my searches online, I found some adult pieces of furniture that look quite similar, just do an image search for a hooded garden bench or convertible sun bed (I actually recall seeing one of these in a friend's backyard). Perhaps when I have a bigger place and more money, I'll be lucky enough to come across a hooded garden bench or a convertible sun bed that can serve as the base for my bassinet :)

Last edited:
I've definitely entertained the idea of an adult sized bassinet before, it'd be really dreamy when you're feeling really young. The only made-for-adults bassinet that I've actually seen is in the CSI episode "King Baby" where there's an adult sized nursery left behind by the guy that got murdered. The company who built most of that furniture is "babyapparels.com", if you're interested I guess you could inquire whether they built the bassinet or if the show prop builders did that. That's going to be pricey as hell though considering the prices of their other furniture, but would be fun to know whether they'd be up for that!

MaleoMist said:
I've definitely entertained the idea of an adult sized bassinet before, it'd be really dreamy when you're feeling really young. The only made-for-adults bassinet that I've actually seen is in the CSI episode "King Baby" where there's an adult sized nursery left behind by the guy that got murdered. The company who built most of that furniture is "babyapparels.com", if you're interested I guess you could inquire whether they built the bassinet or if the show prop builders did that. That's going to be pricey as hell though considering the prices of their other furniture, but would be fun to know whether they'd be up for that!

Nice catch. I forgot about that episode. You are correct, there was an adult-sized bassinet within the set. Perhaps I will contact Baby Apparels to see if they could make one as a custom job. Although, as you stated their price points are high, so maybe it's in my best interest to search for a piece of furniture comparable and turn that into a an adult bassinet myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back