How do you usually dispose your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I usually put them inside plastic bags and tied them, and put them inside a bigger bin bag that my flat provided. Then I usually tie the bag and throw them into the refuse/waste room.

That's exactly how I get rid, double bagged then intothe outside bin. I'm starting to run out of plastic carrier bags now since the 5p tax came in though!

I put them in one, sometimes two grocery bags and tie, and then into a scented bag and another if necesary to prevent it from ripping an dumping onto the street or all over the garbagemen.

darkjo said:
I usually put them inside plastic bags and tied them, and put them inside a bigger bin bag that my flat provided. Then I usually tie the bag and throw them into the refuse/waste room.

Same here, this just seems like the most logical method. Double bagging really helps to eliminate odours. If I am disposing of a really stinky diaper, I'll even spray some air freshener into the initial bag to eliminate the smell.

I also try to keep my used diapers from piling up. If there's about 4 wet ones in one large trash bag, then I take the entire bag to the garbage room. If there's a single messy one, I double bag it and take the entire trash bag to the garbage room immediately.

Poofybutt said:
Same here, this just seems like the most logical method. Double bagging really helps to eliminate odours. If I am disposing of a really stinky diaper, I'll even spray some air freshener into the initial bag to eliminate the smell.

I also try to keep my used diapers from piling up. If there's about 4 wet ones in one large trash bag, then I take the entire bag to the garbage room. If there's a single messy one, I double bag it and take the entire trash bag to the garbage room immediately.

I usually use one of those black bin bags (since they are opaque), and put up to 3 used diapers before tying them into a knot. The garbage room is quite big, and I don't think anybody will notice the smell from my bag.

darkjo said:
I usually use one of those black bin bags (since they are opaque), and put up to 3 used diapers before tying them into a knot. The garbage room is quite big, and I don't think anybody will notice the smell from my bag.

I use the black bags as my primary trash bag too, they are definitely the best as far as discretion is concerned.

I lean out the window of my 48th-story apartment and try to toss them into the dumpster hundreds of feet below. I'm getting better. Used to make it only once in ten tries. Now it might be twice.

When I go use them in public I always find a toilet that is private and has a bin. I usually find these in smaller cafes or coffee shops or smaller shops that just have 1 toilet that doubles as a baby change. If I've pooed I empty it into the toilet first but I'd normally just dispose of the nappy into the bin.

Typically I do what so many others have said. I bag, sometimes, twice and then bury it in the can outside or I'll stick it in the kitchen garbage if it's getting full, then change it out. If I get paranoid that someone might go through the trash, like if something was accidentally thrown away, I'll drop either a bag of pet waste on top, or dump our shop vac over everything. Discourage anyone from going through it.

I used to put them in ziploc freezer bags and toss them in the main trash can inside, then take out the garbage anytime the can was full. Nowadays I don't bother with the ziplocs, the trash gets taken out every 2-3 days so the can doesn't get too ripe. (and unexpectedly, I also had issues with the top corners of the ziploc bags jabbing holes in the cheap trash bags)

I have a plastic kitchen bin in my room, in it I have a tie-able black bin liner. When I change I put my used nappy and wipes in scented nappy bags then dispose of them in the kitchen bin, if they are messy I put them in scented nappy bag and then a smaller black plastic bag straight into the rubbish bins outside. Every morning I empty the bin.

I just rolled the diaper up and put in the kitchen trash can. That can is lined with a scented plastic trash bag.

Since I live where there is a dumpster that is emptied twice a week, I wait until by kitchen trash can is full or is starting to stink and then take the trash bag out to the dumpster.

I live in a condo with a garbage chute so we have to bag our trash anyways, so I just bag the diaper and then stick it in with with my everyday trash.

Print abdl diapers make me a bit nervous though, so I wrap those in newspaper or such and then bag them before putting them into the trash.

When I was in a house, I had raccoons rip open my trash once. They tore open the bags and it was spread all over the lawn. Not sure what the neighbours saw, but there were diapers among the other stuff strewn about.

Bagging diapers, before putting them in with the rest of the trash, is pretty cheap 'insurance' for when the unexpected happens.

Put the diaper in a bag and close it tightly and then throw it into the trash

I would prefer to just roll them up and throw them in the kitchen trash can but my wife asks me to put them in a plastic shopping bag first so I do that for her. I think she just doesn't like to see my wet ones in there or is afraid someone else will see them because she doesn't bag our son's diapers unless they are really messy and she didn't bag the pull-ons that she had to wear for a few weeks after he was born.

Basically that's how I do it.

Cottontail said:
I lean out the window of my 48th-story apartment and try to toss them into the dumpster hundreds of feet below. I'm getting better. Used to make it only once in ten tries. Now it might be twice.

I sure hope the trashbags don't explode open if they miss :eek: That doesn't sound fun to clean up and would be an awkward explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back