My personal 24/7 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
Welp, the time is almost here... after a few weeks of planing and testing out my first ever proper diapers that are actually made for my size both physically and capacity wise and my first pay check of the year draws near, my mission begins.

A personal 24/7 diapering experience lasting a minimum of 3 months.

And for those of you that would say “but thats not a true 24/7 experience” I will only say this.
Yes, I know that, but you need to understand that there are some boundaries that I wont let my diapering wishes cross, and that being my professional life.
Neither would I feel mentally nor physically comfortable in doing so, considering the line of work that I do, exposure risks would certainly be at quite a high level for which I am eliminating them outright.

Now for the reason why I am posting this is on one hand a way to document my thoughts, adventures, findings and so forth to share with others that might be considering something similar if not the same thing. And on the other hand as a place where I’m hoping I could find some answers to questions that might arise or maybe even someone being as kind enough to point out if I’m doing something stupid that I failed to notice myself.

So I hope that you might find the coming posts that I’ll be making once the project begins at least an interesting read if not something that could give you some useful information about undertaking something like that.

And if anyone would have any suggestions, comments or ideas on how to make this a smooth of an experience as it can be, I would greatly appreciate them and thank you for them in advance.

Mel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melon said:
Welp, the time is almost here... after a few weeks of planing and testing out my first ever proper diapers that are actually made for my size both physically and capacity wise and my first pay check of the year draws near, my mission begins.

It's a fun thing to embark on. There are a few other little changes you might want to make as well..
- remove all your regular underwear from your undies drawer. (you don't need to throw them away, but you can I suppose?) Fill the drawer with diapers instead.
that'll help reinforce the message that "you wear diapers now!"
- you might want to get some looser fitting pants, taller tshirts, or other loungewear like an ABU 'n Chill t-shirt or a onesie. At home I like wearing a white tshirt and white socks with my diaper exposed
- pay attention to your skin health. you won't know how tolerant your skin will be of the change, so take it slow, keep clean, use powders and lotions as needed,
and don't hesitate to take a break from diapers for a few days if things look like they're getting out of control. having "angry skin" takes all the fun out of diapers.
- develop a routine - diaper change when you get home, something thicker for overnight, and a change in the morning, etc
- work on being able to use your diaper whenever the urge hits. don't worry about "wasting a diaper" if you just changed recently. don't feel obligated to change immediately.
- give yourself some "diaper challenges" like wetting while outside, walking, using stairs, or sitting in the car (or while driving)
- have fun!

Don't feel as if you have to remain diapered then entire time. Even though it's the experience that you're shooting for. Giving your skin a break once in awhile will benefit you. Also don't hesitate to get the more expensive diapers. Even though they may seem expensive, you're saving money changing less often, better odor control, better against skin. Better overall everything. You'll end up spending the same amount of money in the end.

I'd also recommend getting a onesie of some kind (snap crotch shirts). They'll help benefit your diapers in lots of ways. Even if you're not in to the AB aspect. They'll keep your diapers discrete, keep them from sagging, keep them snug to the body to reduce leaks.

Learn to control your flooding a bit. Typically after the first wetting, the diaper loses absorption speed. And you'll end up pooling and increasing the chances of leaking. Just by pulling back the stream can increase chances of not leaking. By going in short bursts and letting the diaper work will help save money.

I've been pretty much 24/7 for the past 8 months or so. I've had breaks here and there like a day or two (mostly just overnight) every couple of weeks to let the skin breath a bit. Since I'm driving trucks, it actually benefits me to wear diapers. It takes time to get comfortable to wet in many positions or situations. Don't feel as if you have to mess unless it's part of the experience for you.

Just take care of your skin, barrier creams (not rash cream) help significantly to reduce skin irratation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If your not learning more towards incontinence remember to exorcise your sphincter as remaining relaxed all the time you might find a discrease in your continence abilities.

That sounds excellent Mel!

What diapees did you settle on using and will you pre purchase your whole 3 months supply?

24/7 for 3 months can cost a fair bit, have you considered using baby diapers as stuffers or buying some boosters to maximise diapers when you might have a hard time changing?

On the subject of maximising each diaper the vertical fold to activate the channels front to back is something you should give a shot.

I am not a big fan of pullons but if you have an exercise routine you might want to see if you can get some cheapy pullons to give yourself something cooler (heat wise :) ) in those situations.

As others have said powder and lotions that work for you can be a lifesaver but annoyingly it can be a case by case situation on when and what to use.

Wipes are great IMO and should not be underestimated, it can be just as difficult finding wipes that suit you as diapees though, they are a cost, fragrance choice, learning when to use and when to shower, extra stuff to carry.

Sealable disposal bags are really needed when you go 24/7... Unless you have a diaper genie you maybe surprised at the smell that can occur from lots of diapers. Of course you can minimise some Of the smell by ensuring you are well hydrated but then it’s more diapers or being mindful of changing the stuffer/booster.

I know this has has already been said but try not to flood your diaper as this often leads to more leaks (yes you will have leaks btw it goes with the territory.)

Hey all.
Okay wow did not think I’d get such a response and I thank you all for it.

Now for the answers to your questions and a few comments I felt like adding.

(Also I have to apologise right off the bat for any formatting and quotation errors that I might have made, but doing all of this on a phone isn’t the easiest thing in the world for me)

Argent said:
What diapees did you settle on using and will you pre purchase your whole 3 months supply?

24/7 for 3 months can cost a fair bit, have you considered using baby diapers as stuffers or buying some boosters to maximise diapers when you might have a hard time changing?
No I’m not buying that far in advance, I’ll keep my purchases monthly so it is a lot easier to afford and in case I see that I need more or less in the next month corrections can be made to the shopping list.
So far the plan is to buy three packs of kiddo-s and one of safari per month. Out of the ones I’ve tested both of them are so far my top two choices, heres to hoping they will hold up to my so far acquired expectations even after prolonged use

Argent said:
On the subject of maximising each diaper the vertical fold to activate the channels front to back is something you should give a shot.
Yes I have heard of that before but I just never had the mind to remember to try it out, but this time I’ve put a stick note on the fridge so that should solve that.

Argent said:
Wipes are great IMO and should not be underestimated, it can be just as difficult finding wipes that suit you as diapees though, they are a cost, fragrance choice, learning when to use and when to shower, extra stuff to carry.
I have already made a habit of using them a while ago, and yes they do add a bit of an extra cost, but you know what the benefits are good enough for me.

Argent said:
Sealable disposal bags are really needed when you go 24/7... Unless you have a diaper genie you maybe surprised at the smell that can occur from lots of diapers. Of course you can minimise some Of the smell by ensuring you are well hydrated but then it’s more diapers or being mindful of changing the stuffer/booster.
No I don’t have a genie, but I have a better solution to the problem.
A tiny trash can!
Have to empty the god damn thing almost every other day, throwing diapers into it will turn it into a daily chore, but again the benefits far outweigh the short inconvenience that it causes.

Argent said:
(yes you will have leaks btw it goes with the territory.)
Don’t remind me -.-
Still trying to find a way to ensure that will absolutely not happen...

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Don't feel as if you have to remain diapered then entire time. Even though it's the experience that you're shooting for. Giving your skin a break once in awhile will benefit you.
Like I have said, I plan on remaining diaperless at work so I am hoping that it should give my skin enough of a “break” to not agitate it or cause any damage. I have also take the precaution of buying 2 more sets of work clothes so I can easily maintain a cycle of wearing, cleaning and drying them to make sure no rash could develop from messy and overworn clothes.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I'd also recommend getting a onesie of some kind (snap crotch shirts). They'll help benefit your diapers in lots of ways. Even if you're not in to the AB aspect. They'll keep your diapers discrete, keep them from sagging, keep them snug to the body to reduce leaks.
As much as any type of extra protection against leaks would always be welcome in my books, I don’t think id go with a onesie. Will have to experiment with some shrunken boxers that I have, might get the same effect.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Learn to control your flooding a bit. Typically after the first wetting, the diaper loses absorption speed. And you'll end up pooling and increasing the chances of leaking. Just by pulling back the stream can increase chances of not leaking. By going in short bursts and letting the diaper work will help save money.
I would love to say that I will be just flooding diapers or leaking constantly, it wont happen.
After years of wearing on and off I’ve never been able to well and truly flood a diaper without being able to stop it, but as soon as my mind registers that the diaper might leak I automatically stop, my body just shuts itself up so I’m hoping that will continue to be my saviour.

bambinod said:
- remove all your regular underwear from your undies drawer. (you don't need to throw them away, but you can I suppose?) Fill the drawer with diapers instead.
that'll help reinforce the message that "you wear diapers now!"
Hey I have to admit that’s a interesting idea and I love it.
But no I wont throw them away I’ll just move them to the other closet where i keep my work clothes, trying to separate work time and diaper time as best as possible.

bambinod said:
- you might want to get some looser fitting pants, taller tshirts, or other loungewear like an ABU 'n Chill t-shirt or a onesie. At home I like wearing a white tshirt and white socks with my diaper exposed
In terms of pants and shirts I’m already covered since that is more or less my preferred style of clothing. Altho I did preform a check on all of them both when dry and soaked in front of a mirror trying to see which ones are capable of keeping the diaper away from anyone else to see.

bambinod said:
- pay attention to your skin health. you won't know how tolerant your skin will be of the change, so take it slow, keep clean, use powders and lotions as needed,
and don't hesitate to take a break from diapers for a few days if things look like they're getting out of control. having "angry skin" takes all the fun out of diapers.
Yes, this was one of the things I have briefly thought about and will need to put some more extra thought into it. If it does come to be that I’d need a lotion there is a pharmacy a stones throw away from me so ill make sure to buy at least 2 different ones so I’ll defo have one that works for me.

bambinod said:
- develop a routine - diaper change when you get home, something thicker for overnight, and a change in the morning, etc
As much as that would be a great thing to do, its sadly not entirely possible. My work schedule changes from week to week and sometimes even from day to day. But if not a schedule I will do the routine tho.
Wake up
Dispose of diaper
Shower
Work
Back into a diaper
Change when necessary trough out the day
Repeat

bambinod said:
- work on being able to use your diaper whenever the urge hits. don't worry about "wasting a diaper" if you just changed recently. don't feel obligated to change immediately.
- give yourself some "diaper challenges" like wetting while outside, walking, using stairs, or sitting in the car (or while driving)
- have fun!
Luckily I might be more than just half way there on that front and I cant wait to see how far I can safely take it.

Again thanks for taking your time and have a good one

Mel.

Obviously, it's not 24/7 if diapers aren't your sole form of underwear. It's something else but it's still perfectly valid as an experience and I hope you'll enjoy doing it. I have found the biggest challenge is making sure it doesn't become a meaningless chore. As I passed 10 months a while back, it started wearing me down and I was thinking I'd stop soon. My perspective changed yet again and for now I'm okay at 14 months.

Do what you can enjoy for a time period that works. If worry less about what to call it than whether you can have a good time with it.

I have a hunch that your scheme of being diapered at all times except at work, will turn out quite well; better say than optimistically aiming for true 24/7 but having to keep making exceptions at random. You can compartmentalise the work time and consider all of your life outside of that, i.e. your own time, to be toilet-free. You get an enforced daily exercise routine for your bladder, your skin gets plenty of dry time, and there are regular opportunities to compare the experience of diapered / non-diapered life and call a halt when the balance swings towards non-diapered.

If I'm right in thinking that Kiddos come in packs of 10 and Safaris in 12's, you're anticipating buying 42 diapers per month. That doesn't seem like enough, if you have say two days per week fully diapered and 12 hours per day for the other five. I get through 5-6 diapers per day, and could not manage with less than 4. That may sound profligate but it is part of the reason that I never get skin problems, hardly ever leak, and accounts for messy diapers that have to be changed when still nearly dry.

By avoiding ever pushing diapers to the limit, the likelihood of leaks can be vanishingly small even with a demanding lifestyle. I have only had a couple in the last four years of fairly continuous 24/7, partly on account of wearing plastic pants some of the time, partly because I change frequently and err on the side of higher absorbency than strictly necessary. About the only leak situation I can remember in the past 12 months was a pinhole a few months ago when not in plastic pants, although the resulting leak was not noticeable to anyone else. OK, I don't always have the slimmest-looking butt on the planet, but I would rather have 100 people notice that I wear a nappy, than have one person see me leave a wet patch on a seat.

I'm not sure if you are planning to have your bowel movements in your diapers. I do, and it's wonderful to be able to just let things happen naturally when the need arises, but it involves much more planning, preparation, resource usage etc. than just wetting, when dealing with it on a regular basis rather than a one-off special occasion. I don't have much of a predictable routine either, but always try to anticipate times and places where I can be well away from anyone else while using the nappy and cleaning up the resulting mess. Dealing with this wherever you happen to be does take a bit of practice, but can be mastered.

Have fun... it's worth the effort!

bobbilly said:
remember to exorcise your sphincter

C|N>K

"challenge accepted!"

exercise+exorcise.jpg

Melon said:

And for those of you that would say “but thats not a true 24/7 experience” I will only say this.
Yes, I know that, but you need to understand that there are some boundaries that I wont let my diapering wishes cross, and that being my professional life.
Neither would I feel mentally nor physically comfortable in doing so, considering the line of work that I do, exposure risks would certainly be at quite a high level for which I am eliminating them outright.

Now for the reason why I am posting this is on one hand a way to document my thoughts, adventures, findings and so forth to share with others that might be considering something similar if not the same thing. And on the other hand as a place where I’m hoping I could find some answers to questions that might arise or maybe even someone being as kind enough to point out if I’m doing something stupid that I failed to notice myself.

So I hope that you might find the coming posts that I’ll be making once the project begins at least an interesting read if not something that could give you some useful information about undertaking something like that.

And if anyone would have any suggestions, comments or ideas on how to make this a smooth of an experience as it can be, I would greatly appreciate them and thank you for them in advance.

Mel.

ok i my self have not really been into the whole diaper thing but please tell me how it goes or if something happens.
if someone gets you caught i will give you my handmade baseball bat. you know why.

p.s. i get very violent over stupid things as a joke

Well, here we go... My first order arrived and the challenge is now on.
On one hand I'm pretty excited, bit on the other I'm wondering what have I gotten myself into.

I will try to post updates at least once per week and check in every few days.

Mel

(why the hell do i have two accounts here...)

Hope it all goes wel. I have been 24/7 for 6 years and never regretted it.

Welp, the first week has now passed and I guess that it's time for a bit of an update.
when I was told that leaks are to be an expected and regular occurance in the beginning I didn't really take that as seriously as I should have.
Altho at the moment I am probably the main reason for them considering finding a "perfect fit" is something that I realize takes time and is the best way of preventing them.
Mainly I was experiencing them when siting down so I'm debating whether or not the positioning of my ummm... privates has something to do with that or not, but it shall be seen as it is something that I plan on experimenting on,
but if anyone has any suggestions on that part I'd be glad to hear them.

Another thing that I've noticed is that getting myself used to wetting at night was a bit easier than expected, but I'll just chalk that up to begginers luck and will see how that goes.
The way that I am trying to acomplish that is by having a single alarm in the middle of the night (or 3 or so hours before I actually need to wake up) and use that time to wet and then go back to sleep.
Slowly but surely I am starting to notice less and less in the mornings that I ever woke up to do that.
But having at least a changing mat under the bed sheets is a useful thing to have, ruining my mattress is the last thing that I need or want to happen.
Refastening the tapes while laying down in the bed before sleep was what solved that problem after an accident that happened on the second night.

On the topic of wearing outside, for now it seems that my preparations are paying off seeing as it's not allways that when I need to or want to go out and do something that my diaper is going to be completely dry
and would normally show as a slight bulge, so all I will say about that is baggy long pants FTW!
There was one time where even that wasn't enough to save me from a massive visible leak when I REALLY needed to go, but my keys were being annoying and I couldn't unlock the door and just flooded the already
quite wet diaper on my way upstairs to the apartment (living on the top floor didn't help with that either ^^").

And on the topic of usage, it seem that on a day when I'm at work on my morning shifts one diaper per day will do, while if I have a day off or on the weekends a minimum of two diapers per day are required,
but only on one day I needed to use a third one, but even that was later in the evening a few hours before sleep and it still lasted me till noon the next day. So my calculations about needing about 30-40 diapers per month
was more or less on the spot. (thank god for that, I really didn't want to have a higher usage cuz ya know... diapers ain't free).

And now let's see how this goes on withe little experience/knowledge on the next week.

Mel.

You have been mislead. Leaks should not be that common. If it happens more than once a week, then that's a very clear sign you are not using the right diapers.

Proper fit is a big issue like you mantioned, but so is their ability to absorb multiple floods without leaking. I would highlt recommend you start getting some samples of various diapers. For starters, you can't go wrong with Confidry24/7, Northshore Supreme, and Betterdry.

How is the challenge going?

There were quite a few developments actually and a bunch of unpredicted problems as well.
I’ll edit this post with a proper update once I get back to my computer later today.

ST50 said:
Hope it all goes wel. I have been 24/7 for 6 years and never regretted it.

I am also a long term 24/7 diaper wearer. I have been in diapers full time for 8 years and it's been good. I've never regretted it either

I'm going on 21 years of wearing 24/7. While I don't like how I got here, I have zero regrets wearing and wetting my diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back