New to this and Looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stich

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Incontinent
I'm new to this whole diaper idea. My boyfriend wears quite often. After being together for almost 3 years, about 6 months ago he finally came out with the truth about it. Which I am very proud of him for doing so cuz I get that this is something that is not easy to talk about. I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to accept it more then I do. I just feel like its taking away attention from me. Which I know he's trying not to be that way but I don't know how other way to look at it. I have used a diaper a couple of times. Not the worst thing ever, just something that I couldn't use all the time. How could I make him more comfortable/happy around me? What can I do to make him have a good time?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

Most ABDLs are hoping for a partner that's understanding of them. A few unfortunate ones experience "freak-outs" when they try to discuss their desires, and so there's a genuine and justified fear they have about it. As extreme a reaction as it sounds, "you're sick! you need help! I'm taking the kids and leaving!" is actually something we see happen from time to time, and that's the sort of reaction he was stressing over when he opened up to you. Don't feel like you have to participate or somehow need to come to enjoy it, he's probably looking mainly for acceptance, confirmation that you still love him even though he has this kink. He obviously trusts you for letting you in on his secrets. If he trusts you and you accept him, I'd say you two really have a good thing going!

Talk with him about what level of involvement he'd like to see from you, but don't feel forced about it. If you don't mind wearing from time to time, but aren't comfortable using your diaper or would just rather not, tell him that. He'll probably be totally okay with it, and grateful for your willing to participate a bit. His knowing what you're comfortable with and what you're not comfortable with will help set his expectations, and stop him from asking you to do something he doesn't know you're uncomfortable with. Or if you'd really rather not participate at all, but are okay with him wearing around you, wearing to bed, or using his diapers without getting you involved with changing etc, again just let him know what you think is okay. It's all about communication.

Over time you might want to get more involved, or you might just prefer to hang around the "accepting" point. Either is okay. I've seen a few couples where the partner just accepts but doesn't participate, BUT makes exceptions from time to time... maybe coming to bed wearing a diaper "just as a surprise". (can be a great way to boost the spirits after a rough day for example)

You should ask him about it, but I think most diaper lovers would like to have their diaper changed in a loving manner by their significant other.

acceptance is about meeting someone where they are in their development. Knowing that there are always differences and he isn't hurting anyone doing what he does an if that helps him then fine. You dont have to see it the same way as him, you dont even have to like it, but you do have to know that this is part of him as much as his good sense of humour and likes about TV, radio, music and films.

Stich said:
I'm new to this whole diaper idea. My boyfriend wears quite often. After being together for almost 3 years, about 6 months ago he finally came out with the truth about it. Which I am very proud of him for doing so cuz I get that this is something that is not easy to talk about. I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to accept it more then I do. I just feel like its taking away attention from me. Which I know he's trying not to be that way but I don't know how other way to look at it. I have used a diaper a couple of times. Not the worst thing ever, just something that I couldn't use all the time. How could I make him more comfortable/happy around me? What can I do to make him have a good time?

He's gonna really love you for supporting him. Keep in mind he may be feeling a little bit of guilt and shame so let him talk about it. Since you have an open mind and understand this is harmless, you can both have fun given some time. You can be sure he wouldn't have told you if his focus was on anything but you. It'll just take a little time for him to get used to the idea that you are OK with all this. Best wishes to you both

Why not try wearing a diaper yourself? You may understand him better then.

Also you have already done a lot by accepting this side of him. I would advice you not to talk about it too much. Unless he is the one who wants to talk about it

Adiba said:
Why not try wearing a diaper yourself? You may understand him better then.

Also you have already done a lot by accepting this side of him. I would advice you not to talk about it too much. Unless he is the one who wants to talk about it

I have worn one a couple of times. Something I'd do once in a while just not all the time. Just trying to get other views on it ig.

Well you are already on a good path by being accepting and wanting to learn more. My wife was one of the ones who freaked out and threatened to take the kids and leave because she felt I was demon possessed. Yup, her exact words. She has since lightened up about since I told her 2 1/2 years ago, but she still doesn't like it and she still won't ever let me do it around her.

Stich said:
How could I make him more comfortable/happy around me? What can I do to make him have a good time?

Don’t change a thing about you. I guarantee that you already make him happy just by being accepting. I wish my ex was accepting. If she was then she probably would not be an ex. He best thing you can do it to ask him what he wants. However, you need to tell him what you want. You have needs too and hopefully you can both make and meet those needs.

Marka said:

I think, that one issue that comes up in this aspect of relationships, is because the non-ABDL partner; my wind-up feeling that they are having to compete - with their partner's AB/DL interests... And, where the AB/DL partner may be particularly protective of these proclivities; an actual (inadvertent -or, not-) competition; may genuinely exist...

I think Marka really nails the core of the issue here. As someone's romantic partner, you, Stich, have a desire to be seen as the primary object of your partner's affections. Part of that, I think, is a completely fair and legitimate desire, and part of that may not be a little bit unfair and not so legitimate. You'll need to think about it and untangle it a bit. Let me explain what I mean, and hopefully this will be helpful.

I think in a relationship, there's an aspect where each person involved has some needs. Those can be physical, like wanting a certain amount of sex, or of touching, hugging, cuddling and similar. They can be emotional, like having someone to offer support when you're feeling bad, or a confidant for your troubles with the stresses of life. They can be mental, like having someone to debate with about your favorite movies and music. These needs are all totally legitimate, and if you feel like your boyfriend's focus on diapers means that he doesn't have the time to focus on you the way that you'd like, you should let him know and talk together to see if there are things that either or both of you can do to help make sure that your needs are being met. A relationship that's only you providing things to your boyfriend while not providing things that are fulfilling to you isn't a good one.

On the other hand, sometimes there is a sort of unfair jealousy that can creep up. We as people, sometimes worry that even if we're getting what we want right now, we might lose what have in the future. Ignore diapers for a moment, when thinking about this. Many, many people get upset if they see their partner being friends with another person of the opposite sex. Or they'll get upset if a partner is spending a lot of time on some other activity like work, sports, games, etc. Because we're people, and we get worried that the partner's focus on something else means that they're losing interest and we'll lose what we have. This sort of jealousy, however, is unfair. If your needs are being met, but you still feel upset because you don't want your boyfriend focusing on anything but you, that's not great and is unfair to the boyfriend.

So, think about your situation from both perspectives. How much of the problem is that your needs in the relationship aren't being met because he's focused on diapers, and how much of the problem is your fear that his focus on anything other than you means he's losing interest in you? I'm sure there's at least a little bit of each one there, so see what you can do to pull them apart. And then go talk to him, let him know you're feeling a bit worried about this, that maybe you're feeling like you need a little more attention from him, but that you also want to support his ABDL side, and see if you two can figure some things out together that will help improve the situation.

Thank you for art the advice guys. It's definitely helping me think it out.

If he's a diaper lover. Make him feel it's ok or that it doesnt matter that he like's diapers. If he's also an Adult Baby, just baby talk to him every now and then. Hope this helps 😊. Just make sure you're confortable too. 😇

My wife knows but she is not into it but thinks it's kind of funny in an absurd way. Sometimes she will makes a comment that cracks us both up and keeps it light like when we were on a touristy tee shirt store and she saw a bib that said "Too sexy for my diaper" and said she was going to buy it for me.

mayhem said:
Don’t change a thing about you. I guarantee that you already make him happy just by being accepting.

I think it's appropriate also to point out that here in this forum you're likely to get a slightly biased opinion on what to do. A lot of us would love to see our partners be more involved, and that's not really the "unbiased opinion" you're probably looking for. So take the abundance of "get more involved!" suggestions with a tiny grain of salt. Of course we'd like to see you get more involved, (and your partner would as well I'd bet) but you're going to hear a little more weight thrown behind that suggestion than the average person should be getting.

If you're game, go for it. But don't feel pressured or obligated just because you're hearing it a lot here... you're going to hear it a lot here.... that's just how we are! ;)

Reactions: Marka
Is this litterally my girlfriend? L... is this you? This fits the criteria, like, to a tee.

My wife encouraged me to wear nappies.

ST50 said:
My wife encouraged me to wear nappies.

What manner of witchcraft are you using? Share your secrets! Lol. (But seriously. I speak for most of us here at ABDLs r' Us in saying we're all outrageously jealous)

Jbdl said:
What manner of witchcraft are you using? Share your secrets! Lol. (But seriously. I speak for most of us here at ABDLs r' Us in saying we're all outrageously jealous)

I'd imagine most spouses would prefer their partner in diapers than their bed wet...

bambinod said:
I'd imagine most spouses would prefer their partner in diapers than their bed wet...
BRILLIANT! Im going to have to sacrifice the odd mattress before it really kicks in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back