Tena Slip "New Design"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I just found out there's another type of Tena Slip Maxi (I thought the only type was cloth-backed and plastic) with cloth sides but plastic center. What do you guys think about them, and how have your experience with them been? I'm a big fan of the Active Fit plastic Maxis, and the cloth sides would add some ventilation for hot weather. I appreciate the help :D

Are these tena 'slip original', they brought them out just after the stoped production of the actual original 'tena slip' ie the all plastic one with the super krinkly taping strip.
Don't think the 'slip original' ever caught on, didn't hear many good reviews and the only place i ever saw selling it was save express over in germany.

HappyNappin said:
Are these tena 'slip original', they brought them out just after the stoped production of the actual original 'tena slip' ie the all plastic one with the super krinkly taping strip.
Don't think the 'slip original' ever caught on, didn't hear many good reviews and the only place i ever saw selling it was save express over in germany.

I believe they are. Couldn't find reviews when I first looked but seems the only ones I've been able to find say they aren't great. Sucks 'cause the idea of plastic + cloth sounds amazing, but seems it should've stayed an idea. Can't complain about the active fit, has enough absorbency for daily use with regular wettings.

I remember back around 2007 Molicare did a plastic nappy with cloth sides. That was rubbish too.

To be fair there's been a few products with a plastic back but nonwoven wings.
Attends are the main ones, lidl siempre (remember those?), boots staydry are all like that and all the sub super absorbency pe id expert slips.
I can see the point in having a breathable material on the sides, where no absorbency is needed, but it just ends up stretching over time, so it just ends up sagging like a typical cloth back.
Would be good if someone made a cloth backed nappy without breathable wings but i can't find any in the uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back