Status
Not open for further replies.

littleisaac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
As many British abdls should know Abu have stopped supplying NappiesRUs & with NappiesRus being mergered with ABDLmarketplace its strikes me with some uncertainty about products we will/can get. Personally I am disappointed at Abu for pulling out of the British market. Although Rearz have just tapped into it, but it begs the question what else can Abu do wrong?

Oh I had no idea about the merger! Kiddo are our go to day-to-day here, and can’t wait to try Peek.
They bridge the gap nicely between medical and the more fetish style at a fab price.... hope it gets sorted soon, can’t justify shipping from abroad!

littleisaac said:
As many British abdls should know Abu have stopped supplying NappiesRUs & with NappiesRus being mergered with ABDLmarketplace its strikes me with some uncertainty about products we will/can get. Personally I am disappointed at Abu for pulling out of the British market. Although Rearz have just tapped into it, but it begs the question what else can Abu do wrong?

Where did you hear this?

MsCee said:
Oh I had no idea about the merger! Kiddo are our go to day-to-day here, and can’t wait to try Peek.
They bridge the gap nicely between medical and the more fetish style at a fab price.... hope it gets sorted soon, can’t justify shipping from abroad!

Rumour has it there gonna start using amazon 🙁

- - - Updated - - -

TreacleFluff said:
Where did you hear this?

The merger has been much publicised by ABDL marketplace & from a leaked Abu email, they are in the process of change, much to our misfortune.

I don’t think ABU has actually pulled out of the UK market, I am pretty sure they are going to be supplying via Amazon as soon as they can get setup.

If I understand correctly they are likely to have both an ABU UK store front from their own site fulfilled by Amazon and the ability for peeps to order them from Amazon directly.

Quite a while ago in Australia we had Paddingplus which supplied ABU and lots of other products to be Aussie market and the same people became the fulfilment side of ABU Australia (without the non ABU products) and they are perfectly happy with the new arrangements as far as I understand (certainly they are positive and friendly.)

Wasnt aware abdl marketplace and NRU where merging, but hopefully that means there would be a bigger range available form both the sites, or perhaps just one?

NRU, Incontinence Shop and Drylife are all linked and share warehousing but all carry different products, I was a bit disappointed to find you can't request a product that's instock at the same warehouse, but for sale on a different site, to be packaged and sent with a NRU order.

Also NRU don't offer any free p&p, even on really expensive orders, and uses really cheep boxes, with loose packs inside even if you order a 'case'.

The ABU thing am not bothered about in the slightest, I was really disappointed with the fit and function of the sdk and cushies, preschools where ok but not amazing and i dont like the look of any of there other 4 taped designs.

ABU now have a uk amazon store and will be selling direct, so if they do bring out anything new, there still available, just not as convenient as making a bulk order with other brands from 1 retailer.

I'm really disappointed about Nappies r us not having ABU's in the uk anymore, it was my only way to get them because I'd order them from their eBay shop but use their 'click and collect' service via Argos to collect them safely without anyone in my building intercepting them. I was just getting into ABU's diapers too. Amazon lockers aren't big enough for diapers, not the ones in my area anyway and Amazon never seem as discreet with packaging as Nappies r us was and that is a major thing. I'd love to use ABU's again but if I can't get them easily and safety I'll just move to a new brand. It's a shame. I just don't know what brand to go to next.

Last time I shopped with ABDL marketplace I didn't like that they were so expensive and also didn't sell many whole packs so I've avoided them ever since. Not sure if this is still the case. The ABDL diaper market was just growing here and now all the companies are messing the good setups they had up. I love Nappies r us though, their range, prices for whole packs of diapers, coms is great and posting via eBay click and collect via Argos is the best thing.

Hi Guys, I'm Joe from ABU in the UK and Europe. We will be launching in the coming days on the Continent, and then back in the UK around the middle of January. Products will be available on Amazon, but will also be on our website as normal, and it'll be cheaper on our website compared to Amazon for sure. There were quite a few factors that lead to our decision away from NappiesRUs, but in the end we believe that this will be much better for the customer, so we can ensure we have everything in stock as much as physically possible, and also be able to offer the full range and full ABU experience to everyone no matter where they are in the world. Hope this helps!

Thanks Joe, but PLEASE hurry up, I'm down to my last 3 Kiddo's!

(although I am a little disappointed that I can't just collect from a physical store in future :-(

- - - Updated - - -

HappyNappin said:
Wasnt aware abdl marketplace and NRU where merging, but hopefully that means there would be a bigger range available form both the sites, or perhaps just one?

I wasn't either, but I've just been to abdlmarketplace website and see that the NRU logo is there, so I guess that confirms it!

JoJo1993 said:
Hi Guys, I'm Joe from ABU in the UK and Europe. We will be launching in the coming days on the Continent, and then back in the UK around the middle of January. Products will be available on Amazon, but will also be on our website as normal, and it'll be cheaper on our website compared to Amazon for sure. There were quite a few factors that lead to our decision away from NappiesRUs, but in the end we believe that this will be much better for the customer, so we can ensure we have everything in stock as much as physically possible, and also be able to offer the full range and full ABU experience to everyone no matter where they are in the world. Hope this helps!

Will your use a click & collect service like with DPD. Or the aforementioned click & collect.

I also see now that on the abdlmarketplace twitter, on 13th Dec they tweeted: "Last shipping will be earlier then expected, Monday 18th. After this we will be closing to allow us to move all our stock to Bolton. I hope you all have a great holiday and will see you all next year with lots of diapers and ABDL clothing". Bolton is where one of the NRU warehouses is and I noticed after that time they started retweeting NRU tweets.

Interestingly according to the about page, abdlmarketplace is owned by DJGH Limited, which also appears on the DottyDiaper Company website "The Dotty Diaper Company. Powered by DJGH Limited"

I haven't heard about them discontinuing with NappiesRUs, I do know about the ABDLMarketplace merge. I did hear something on Reddit about ABU opening their own place here in the UK as they have 2 in the US, one in Canada, one in Japan and one in Australia. It would make sense as long as they're not overpriced.

indigodl said:
I .

Interestingly according to the about page, abdlmarketplace is owned by DJGH Limited, which also appears on the DottyDiaper Company website "The Dotty Diaper Company. Powered by DJGH Limited"

That's because it's run by quite a smart bloke he likes to support British ab buisness, it's a web server he created for a select few businesses in their upstart phase dottydiaperco would be as big as they are without the help.

indigodl said:

Now that explains a lot.

Sorry for peeps that have been missing out on ABU products in the UK but I would NEVER do business with those people. I posted here quite a while ago about my experience preordering Super Boompa from ABDL marketplace and how as soon as the products arrived they “cancelled” my preorder which I only found out about since eBay gave me back the postage component. I had to chase for days and finally lodged a complaint with eBay to get my money back BUT NEVER heard back from ABDL Marketplace.

Dotty person then came on ADISC and pimped their products which I stupidly ordered from them directly thinking they just had a disreputable reseller in ABDL Marketplace... No wonder they defended that “reseller” if it was them all along just using my preorder money as a cheap line of credit.

I actually thought to use NRU when back in the UK but now will keep well clear.

Argent said:
Now that explains a lot.

Sorry for peeps that have been missing out on ABU products in the UK but I would NEVER do business with those people. I posted here quite a while ago about my experience preordering Super Boompa from ABDL marketplace and how as soon as the products arrived they “cancelled” my preorder which I only found out about since eBay gave me back the postage component. I had to chase for days and finally lodged a complaint with eBay to get my money back BUT NEVER heard back from ABDL Marketplace.

Dotty person then came on ADISC and pimped their products which I stupidly ordered from them directly thinking they just had a disreputable reseller in ABDL Marketplace... No wonder they defended that “reseller” if it was them all along just using my preorder money as a cheap line of credit.

I have always had fantastic service. 1 time they cancelled and refunded order for me but that was due too a storm delaying the shipment. Talking too the guy who runs abdl marketplace he's a really nice chap. Never an issue to be had.

Argent said:

I've used NRU and their associated incontinence company countless times without issue. If you email them they reply very quickly. Only once did they mess up my order, they sent out the correct product next day delivery.

No issues whatsoever with them.

As for the other comment about no free shipping this is exactly the same as the ABU situation in USA. It isn't cheap to ship heavy items around. It certainly isn't free even if you spend a lot. If we didn't pay the fee we would have to pay the costs on higher item costs instead.

blob said:
As for the other comment about no free shipping this is exactly the same as the ABU situation in USA. It isn't cheap to ship heavy items around. It certainly isn't free even if you spend a lot. If we didn't pay the fee we would have to pay the costs on higher item costs instead.

I didn’t make another comment about free shipping.

I stated I wouldn’t use NRU if they are the same people as ABDL Marketplace and Dotty.

I actually don’t want anyone else to have the same negative experiences I had.

JoJo1993 said:

I'm not particularly a fan of any companies trying to tell customers what will be better for them - surely that's for the customer to decide. The customer is quite often right, as the adage says. It's not really in the interest of ABDLs imo, but rather self interest. The setup at NappiesRus was great for those of us who use eBay click and collect setups (which amazon isn't capable of here for packs of diapers in lockers) I don't support the decision to ditch NappiesRUs as they were a great supplier of ABU diapers, my only safe source. And while NappiesRUs joining with ABDL Marketplace means I probably won't use NappiesRUs anymore, because I'm no fan of ABDLMarketplace, the setup of NappiesRUs suited seemingly quite a few of us, and way this has been done has left a poor taste in my mouth. Looking around I have many diapers to choose from and my diaper money will be going elsewhere to ensure I can use safe forms of click and collect services which unless you're selling on uk eBay like NappiesRus did for the click and collect etc, I can't see this working. I hope you look at this decision again.

Thanks.

SquishyLittle said:
I'm not particularly a fan of any companies trying to tell customers what will be better for them - surely that's for the customer to decide. The customer is quite often right, as the adage says. It's not really in the interest of ABDLs imo, but rather self interest. The setup at NappiesRus was great for those of us who use eBay click and collect setups (which amazon isn't capable of here for packs of diapers in lockers) I don't support the decision to ditch NappiesRUs as they were a great supplier of ABU diapers, my only safe source. And while NappiesRUs joining with ABDL Marketplace means I probably won't use NappiesRUs anymore, because I'm no fan of ABDLMarketplace, the setup of NappiesRUs suited seemingly quite a few of us, and way this has been done has left a poor taste in my mouth. Looking around I have many diapers to choose from and my diaper money will be going elsewhere to ensure I can use safe forms of click and collect services which unless you're selling on uk eBay like NappiesRus did for the click and collect etc, I can't see this working. I hope you look at this decision again.

Thanks.

I suspect it's a tiny % of people who used that option, and the vast majority of people use delivery to a home address. I really cant see withdrawing that option making a massive difference to them.

The old adage that the customer is always right is very outdated and luckily quickly fading away, because it is completely untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
I didn’t make another comment about free shipping.

I stated I wouldn’t use NRU if they are the same people as ABDL Marketplace and Dotty.

I actually don’t want anyone else to have the same negative experiences I had.

No the free delivery comment wasn't you, it was HappyNappin on the previous page.

I never used ABDLMarketPlace so couldn't comment on their old operation, but if NRU are running the show now I can happily recommend them for providing excellent service every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back