Wellness brief issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inconguy88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So a couple weeks ago I had ordered a sample of the medium briefs and received them with no issues. I pulled one out and looked it over and we the ahead and put it on before bed seeing I had to pee already so might as well test it. So I start wetting it and I look down and I see three droplets forming on the lower front of it. I give it a little squeeze and sure enough there's holes in it. A little irritated I take it off and pull out the second one and look at it. And sure enough it's full of small pinholes too.
So I email them and they say well it's going through our qc department. That was a week ago. Now I don't get a response at all. Don't you think I should at least get a sample to replace mine that is full of holes?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The pinhole leak problem with the Wellness Briefs has been known for some time. Until fairly recently, it was even indicated on their site that the briefs were not suited for active customers. I used to really like this product for being a good performing thinner diaper but they cut back one too many times and the pinhole leak problem developed and the tapes stretched and tore the now thinner shell. They were at least honest before that this product was no good. I don't know why they'd lose that cautionary language.

I was going to wear them for night time use mainly so they wouldn't really help my cause if they leak anyways

The wellness superio version was much better but the pin hole problem of the cheaper model was inexcusable. I really liked the superio they had the best fit on me than just about any other brand sadly there no longer available in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Wellness Briefs a few years ago, and pinhole leaks and back of the shell tearing were common problems for me (not even cheap Depends and McKesson Poly Briefs ever gave me those problems). Needless to say, I have steered clear of these diapers ever since. Go with ConfiDry, Abena, or ABU instead!

Those aweful Little pin hole leaks!

No excuse for them not to respond of course and I appreciate any product can have manufacturing faults but all too often it is just shrinkflation faults.

If you pass your hand gently over the front of the diapee before putting it on and find little hard sand bumps or worse little grains of SAP sand put some lengths of packing tape across that area to stop the leaks from occurring.

Following finishing all your packing tape patched stock my advice is to look for a new brand.

Argent said:
Those aweful Little pin hole leaks!

No excuse for them not to respond of course and I appreciate any product can have manufacturing faults but all too often it is just shrinkflation faults.

If you pass your hand gently over the front of the diapee before putting it on and find little hard sand bumps or worse little grains of SAP sand put some lengths of packing tape across that area to stop the leaks from occurring.

Following finishing all your packing tape patched stock my advice is to look for a new brand.
I had just heard how much they hold so I was hoping they would hold up to my super heavy wettings. Deff a shame

i have never actually had this issue.. strange as i have used ALOT of them. I am really bummed that they are no longer available in Australia..

can anyone recommend a nappy that has similar performance? thin enough not to be noticed yet can hold at least 2-3 wettings?

Inconguy88 said:
I had just heard how much they hold so I was hoping they would hold up to my super heavy wettings. Deff a shame

So not just packing tape but booster required too!

Argent said:
So not just packing tape but booster required too!
I'm thinking about getting some atns or some m4's and using the wellness as a booster at this point haha

Yeah, they aren't very good diapers despite what they claim... I am surprised they are still around.

I will say this CVS stretch side diaper I'm wearing didn't leak when I wet it

I tried them not too long ago, the imagery and the NASA stuff was all very appealing, but apparently I got into their product way too late in the game and they've cut back so hard as to make them basically unusable. It was kind of disheartening, but you live and learn and then get luvs, :p

or in this case learn the value of samples.

I bought a case a couple years back after liking the samples. I too had some pinhole leaks, but worse was the splitting down the back! I have never experienced that with any other diaper. Most of the diapers from the case were okay, but I had several that randomly split down the back, exposing fluff material and would have made a major, embarrassing leaks if I had not caught them in time. I couldn't trust them after that and never wore them again out of the house. I emailed the company regarding the issues and never got a response.

The last time i wore wellness it was 2013 and upon flooding it it had wet spots in the front. Plus while taking the tapes off the back wing it would make a lot of noise.

Well they finally emailed me and are sending out another sample so we will see if it's the same shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back