Abu Just got a little more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
goten said:
We also all know it doesn't cost $12 to ship a 40lb case of diapers: it costs much more than that. Probably $40 a case is shipping as a ballpark estimate.

This is a $12 price increase per case, or roughly a 10% price hike. That's fine, and I may have to go back to less expensive yet lower quality competitors, because I too am hurting for money in this economy.

But I would recommend being honest about it and just increasing the price of the products on the storefront instead of tacking it on like that's the whole shipping cost when it's clearly not. Or even better, make the shipping costs the true shipping costs, and lower the prices of the storefront items to no longer hide any of the shipping fees. But if that's done, please give a rough estimate of the shipping fees on the product pages. Hiding them until checkout is deceptive.

And this right here is where you are incorrect. Shipping costs by weight generally only apply to civilians and bussinesses that do not ship often. A retail and distribution business Normally has contracted bulk shipping costs, With as much as they ship It's likely that they are just paying shipping by truckload freight standards. At $12 flat rate if they load an entire rig the $12 per package covers the cost of the full truckload shipping. You complain about the cost of shipping going up but bare in mind every year it gets more and more exspensive to run these trucks down the road. When i fuel my rig its anywhere from $400-$700 every two days Your shipping costs pay for that, Bear in mind that shipping is a service not a right, If the cost to operate goes up the cost you have to pay goes up, And the cost to operate has skyrocketed in the last 5 years and the cost you pay has not changed for the most part A lot of small freight companies are going under because of cheap freight. $12 Is not a lot of money For a single person But they can load a couple hundred orders in a 53' trailer and $12 x few hundred Will equal out the truck shipping cost. Be grateful for what goes on behind the scenes Because I can guarantee you it's nowhere near as simple as you're trying to make it out to be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can't blame ABUniverse for doing this as they have to do this to stay open and make a profit, but this is still something that annoys me as it's more money out of my pocket.

I saw that email, but if you are lucky like me (I emailed a question) if you can go to a wear house they will not charge for shipping. I am thinking of going down tomorrow to pick up some more.

I'm more annoyed that nappies r us won't be supplied. I find they're okay. It's a shame as a British bab I love their products but grrr,

Random question...but does anyone happen to know who ABU ships through off the top of their head?

Dan09 said:
Random question...but does anyone happen to know who ABU ships through off the top of their head?
Always comes UPS i believe. At least in KY.

w0lfpack91 said:
Always comes UPS i believe. At least in KY.

Interesting. Much appreciated!

Dan09 said:
Interesting. Much appreciated!
It might differ between warehouses, But their Eastern warehouse never has What I need in stock so mine always ships from Seattle.

w0lfpack91 said:
It might differ between warehouses, But their Eastern warehouse never has What I need in stock so mine always ships from Seattle.

If UPS has any kind of hand in it, I'll most certainty be calling some folks at work tomorrow. I'm not directly involves in sales, but I know plenty of people that are that have the ability to make changes where they're needed.

Rising costs are a real thing. But so is taking care of your accounts and partners.

Dan09 said:
If UPS has any kind of hand in it, I'll most certainty be calling some folks at work tomorrow. I'm not directly involves in sales, but I know plenty of people that are that have the ability to make changes where they're needed.

Rising costs are a real thing. But so is taking care of your accounts and partners.
Unless you can call in favors in the federal US government to deregulate the transportation industry those costs are not likely to change. Make it isn't all magic wands Fueled by hopes and dreams that delivers this stuff As I stated above the cost to operate the means in which the packages get delivered has sky rocketed There's an operating cost threshold That need to be met, And as per December 31st 2017 A new federal regulation one into effect on all US trucks Costing the industry several hundred million dollars. I would expect to see shipping increases all across-the-board if I were you One of the last transportation policies of the Obama era has finally hit with the Nationwide cut off and enforcement of the ELD Mandate.

I had some trouble with the ABU site. I was trying to buy a pack of Super Dry Kids, I add it to my cart, but for some reason, I can't view it. So I try to log in, but the site just won't let me. Then I end up buying some from another site: Changing Times Diaper Company in Vegas which is a little more expensive.

Onesieman said:
I had some trouble with the ABU site. I was trying to buy a pack of Super Dry Kids, I add it to my cart, but for some reason, I can't view it. So I try to log in, but the site just won't let me. Then I end up buying some from another site: Changing Times Diaper Company in Vegas which is a little more expensive.

Try clearing your web browser's cookies and cache and try again

Problem has now been fixed. Was a compounded issue after a server glitched out after a set of updates last night. Sorry bout that!

klo555 said:
Problem has now been fixed. Was a compounded issue after a server glitched out after a set of updates last night. Sorry bout that!

I hope you can restock soon, I'm running low and I went to your site and see "out of stock" almost everywhere. :(

You sent out a green light / red light update email a week or two ago that had a nice overview of your available inventory. Is that viewable on your website anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back