Best night time nappies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko03

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Could anyone let me know what best nightime nappies are (need to be avaliable in the UK)? I use the unisex Tena pull ups in the day time and they don't leek at all. I have tried using them whilst lying down in bed and found that they leeked so I need something that I can trust as I can only try night wetting when staying away from home.

While every nappy will leak eventually and would love just to recommend ABUs premium range of Simple/Space/Pawz they are completely different to what you are wearing now.

Couple quick questions:

1. Are pullons your preference or do you like taped nappies as well?
2. Do you like plastic backing or is cloth like your thing?
3. Are you flooding your nappies (sorry to say most won’t cope with flooding though of course that depends how much you flood, how hydrated you are and how much you move around until the SAP works it’s magic.)
4. Are you doing the vertical fold to activate the channels front to back to maximise your nappy?

I use Molicare Slip Maxi exclusively for night time use. They have more padding around the rear and they hardly ever leak.

Argent said:
....Are you doing the vertical fold to activate the channels front to back to maximise your nappy?

? Can you elaborate pls Argent.

Thanks. In answer to your questions.

1. I've actually never tried taped ones. I like pull ups because they're really quick and easy to change. I would like to try the tape on ones though.
2. The only ones I really buy are the Tena pull ups as they are most widely available. Most Supermarkets sell them and as they have self service check outs (im far to scared to actually be served by someone) and they do that job and I've never had any problem with leekage so I've just stuck with them.
3. I always just try to wee as much as I can in them, ideally emptying my whole bladder. I have found the Tena ones especially good as I have had no leeks when using them in the daytime when I have weed in them both sat down and standing. When I have used them lying down however they start to leek very quickly. I don't naturally wet the bed but I deliberately drank lots of water before going to bed (with my nappy on) and woke up in the middle of the night desperate. Instead of going to that toilet I just started weeing and a wet patch appeared on my boxers that I was wearing over that top of my nappy so I had to stop before any got on the sheets.
4. I've never used the vertical fold. I normally just wear normal underwear on top of my nappy.

twinky said:
? Can you elaborate pls Argent.

I am so bad at explaining this but when you take a new diapee/nappy from the pack it is folded with the fold lines creating natural channels outward toward the legs, if you make a counter fold lengthwise it theoretically helps make a channel from front to back.

The channels can be important to direct the wetness across as much fluff pulp as possible until the SAP has time to absorb and swell.

The lengthwise fold also may help fluff the diapee/nappy up so the wetness can move more easily giving you greater utilisation of an individual unit... I find it frustrating when the front is soaked and leaking and the back is completely dry... I am not convinced it is only gravity at play since wicking naturally occurs I believe if the fluff pulp is too compressed (remember they are often tight in the packs) and the SAP swells up at the compressed part it can actually act as a barrier to the moisture moving further kinda like a sandbag.

I first learned about the vertical/counter fold here at ADISC but have since remembered seeing people do something similar with older style baby diapers way back.

Argent said:
I am so bad at explaining this but when you take a new diapee/nappy from the pack it is folded with the fold lines creating natural channels outward toward the legs, if you make a counter fold lengthwise it theoretically helps make a channel from front to back.

The channels can be important to direct the wetness across as much fluff pulp as possible until the SAP has time to absorb and swell.

The lengthwise fold also may help fluff the diapee/nappy up so the wetness can move more easily giving you greater utilisation of an individual unit... I find it frustrating when the front is soaked and leaking and the back is completely dry... I am not convinced it is only gravity at play since wicking naturally occurs I believe if the fluff pulp is too compressed (remember they are often tight in the packs) and the SAP swells up at the compressed part it can actually act as a barrier to the moisture moving further kinda like a sandbag.

I first learned about the vertical/counter fold here at ADISC but have since remembered seeing people do something similar with older style baby diapers way back.

Oh, I have never heard that, but I will be sure to try it out because who doesn't hate throwing out a half used diaper. I only wear AD's at night and I overcome the front flooding first business by raising my legs and pushing out the diaper's crotch so my pee flows over my tushie and onto the back of the diaper...it's so much fun to do and that way I fill the back before the front.

Thank you Argent

You say you've never tried tape style. I like pull ups to because they are easier but no pull up can hold more pee than some onf the tape style diapers out threr

I'll have to try them. Are they tricky to change by yourself though, they look it.

I've always just used Tena pull ups and never had any problem with leakage.

It’s definitely a learning curve taping nappies on yourself!

For wetting while lying down with leaks I do have to say nearly no nappies take floods well. I know it’s controversial and lots of peeps enjoying flooding but the volume released can be too much for the fluff pulp to accomodate until the SAP can work its magic and take up the wetness.

If you really want to flood you may need something with a super wide crotch and even a booster!

If you can learn to trickle then I would be starting off with a quality nappy like a MyDiaper Night (these come in a variety of shell arts from plain white to patterned blue or pink, black (ew) and even a “sexy” one) and I am pretty sure saveexpress ship to the UK easily.

Trickling might take some practice, it’s not so much the act of slowly releasing a full bladder (though by all means that may help against leaks) it is concentrating on knowing your bladder and the first sensation of any pressure being able to gently release in small streams. You may need to empty your bladder before getting your nappy on and then lay down and concentrate.

Jacko03 said:
I'll have to try them. Are they tricky to change by yourself though, they look it.

I've always just used Tena pull ups and never had any problem with leakage.

They can be a little tricky at first, but not too difficult at all. I've only used 4 tape diapers so far, and I haven't had any problems. I think there's a good guide here on ADISC as well that'll teach you how to use tape diapers by yourself, I'll see if I can find it and link it here.

P.S I'd highly recommend the ABU Simple/Space/LittlePaws for night time use, I've never had one leak.

RompingBulbasaur said:
P.S I'd highly recommend the ABU Simple/Space/LittlePaws for night time use, I've never had one leak.

I would second this, fabulous with a super wide crotch, amazingly absorbent, reliable, gorgeous, generous fit but I don’t think ABU has their Amazon store up and working quite yet.

If I understand this correctly though once they are stocked at Amazon UK you maybe able to order them from ABUs website and Amazon will fulfill the order?

Argent said:
Trickling might take some practice, it’s not so much the act of slowly releasing a full bladder (though by all means that may help against leaks) it is concentrating on knowing your bladder and the first sensation of any pressure being able to gently release in small streams. You may need to empty your bladder before getting your nappy on and then lay down and concentrate.

I think if you learned that method it could lead to incontinence especially for 24/7 wearers as you would lose the tone and elastically of you bladder?

When I try to wet in the day I like to think of scenarios in which someone could have an accident and then act it out. The dream here therefore is to for it to look like I am a genuine bed wetter. I have actually had a genuine accident (not when I was trying to play out some warped DL fantasy) I had gone out for new years eve (not the one just gone). it was about 6-7 years ago and I would of been about 19 or 20. I was sharing a hotel room with a friend so it was and still is highly embarrassing. I had obviously had a lot to drink so i don't remember a lot about the night itself but I remember waking up. I had gone to bed in just my underpants and they were wet I moved around and realised that my bed was soaked. I was obviously horrified as it was unintentional, I was charged £150 for the mattress so it was quite costly too. I would love for the same thing to happen again but be using a nappy so to avoid any charges for the mattress. It was so weird because this is literally the only time it's happened normally even even I've been drinking I sleep for hours get a really good night's sleep and am desperate when I wake up. I know I'm unlikey to genuinely wet the bed again but I'm thinking that next time I'm away with some friends and we go out drinking to sleep in a nappy and wet it when I wake up as at that point I'll be desperate.

I did genuinely wet the bed as a child until I was about 10 and used to wear drynites to bed. I remember that they leaked and I still woke up in a puddle most mornings. I'm far too big to fit into those things now so I'll need to find something that I can trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back