New Years Eve in time square tv coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnboy said:
Going to a Times Sqaure for the ball drop is a free, non forced event, that many more people want to be part of than can physically fit in the area. It is why people arrive so many hours before hand. With that in mind, I am of the belief that it would be nice if there were bathroom facilities, but completely understand why they are not offered. Only the die hard, strong, adventurous and dedicated soles brave the elements and make it to the end. Not having facilities may even keep the crowds down to a degree. I believe far more than you think are wearing diapers, but may never admit it. Having tax payers in NY pay for facilities so those that desire this special viewing point is wrong. Now if you want to charge those in the pen a fee to be there, then facilities should be available. Otherwise, it is everyone for themselves. You know going in, it is a long time standing and not comfortable. That is part of the allure and challange of making it to the end (a marothon of sorts). But the memories will last a lifetime if you ever do make it.

Seems that NYC is violating NY state law in not having public restrooms at that event ALSO each and every business in that area whom refuses to let anyone use a bathroom is also in violation of Disability laws of NY and Federal ADA Laws. well at least this year will be the LAST YEAR before the real iron clad laws go into effect in April 2018
By the way its a NYPD self derived nonsense policy states no in or outsies so they should have their pants sued off of them !! Its not acceptable in my eyes

* § 1901. Access to restroom facilities. A place of business open to the general public for the sale of goods or services that has a toilet facility for its employees shall allow any individual who is lawfully on the premises of such place of business to use that toilet facility during normal business hours, even if the place of business does not normally make the employee toilet facility available to the public, provided that all of the following conditions are met: 1. the individual requesting the use of the employee toilet facility has an eligible medical condition or utilizes an ostomy device, provided that the place of business may require the individual to present reasonable evidence that the individual has an eligible medical condition or uses an ostomy device; 2. two or more employees of the place of business are working at the time the individual requests use of the employee toilet facility; 3. the employee toilet facility is not located in an area where providing access would create an obvious health or safety risk to the
requesting individual or create an obvious security risk to the place of business; 4. use of the toilet facility would not create an obvious health or safety risk to the requesting individual; and 5. a public restroom is not immediately accessible to the requesting individual. * NB Effective April 17, 2018

I have also reached out to NYC office on Disability for clarity on this so stay tuned for their response.

xpluswearer said:
Seems that NYC is violating NY state law in not having public restrooms at that event ALSO each and every business in that area whom refuses to let anyone use a bathroom is also in violation of Disability laws of NY and Federal ADA Laws. well at least this year will be the LAST YEAR before the real iron clad laws go into effect in April 2018
By the way its a NYPD self derived nonsense policy states no in or outsies so they should have their pants sued off of them !! Its not acceptable in my eyes

* § 1901. Access to restroom facilities. A place of business open to the general public for the sale of goods or services that has a toilet facility for its employees shall allow any individual who is lawfully on the premises of such place of business to use that toilet facility during normal business hours, even if the place of business does not normally make the employee toilet facility available to the public, provided that all of the following conditions are met: 1. the individual requesting the use of the employee toilet facility has an eligible medical condition or utilizes an ostomy device, provided that the place of business may require the individual to present reasonable evidence that the individual has an eligible medical condition or uses an ostomy device; 2. two or more employees of the place of business are working at the time the individual requests use of the employee toilet facility; 3. the employee toilet facility is not located in an area where providing access would create an obvious health or safety risk to the
requesting individual or create an obvious security risk to the place of business; 4. use of the toilet facility would not create an obvious health or safety risk to the requesting individual; and 5. a public restroom is not immediately accessible to the requesting individual. * NB Effective April 17, 2018

I have also reached out to NYC office on Disability for clarity on this so stay tuned for their response.

I am not in law enforcement nor trying to stir the pot, but an outside street gathering has nothing to do with store front business denying bathrooms to non patrons. I am not sure what one has to do with the other. Is there a law that dictates if a street is closed to traffic to allow for a public gathering that toilets must be provided? If so, I am not aware. Think of the logistics of trying to maintain such facilities with hundreds of thousands of people cramming into a contained area. How do you safeguard those going in to use them. How do you clean them with mobs of people surrounding, standing room only. Have you ever been there on New Years? Just saying, it is tight, pushy and not a place of comfort. Quite frankly, I did it once and never again. Bucket list thing and I was not wearing at the time. Very brutal, but I was a lot younger. Once you get through security (very tight now), they don't want you moving around too much. This is for everyone's safety, even if comfort is sacrificed. Now if a business denies use of a bathroom for a disabled person, that is totally not right. But how do you damand portable bathrooms at such an event in the middle of what would be a busy street any other time of the day? Seems like a seperate issue you bring up between stores vs outside venues.

Barnboy said:
I am not in law enforcement nor trying to stir the pot, but an outside street gathering has nothing to do with store front business denying bathrooms to non patrons. I am not sure what one has to do with the other. Is there a law that dictates if a street is closed to traffic to allow for a public gathering that toilets must be provided? If so, I am not aware. Think of the logistics of trying to maintain such facilities with hundreds of thousands of people cramming into a contained area. How do you safeguard those going in to use them. How do you clean them with mobs of people surrounding, standing room only. Have you ever been there on New Years? Just saying, it is tight, pushy and not a place of comfort. Quite frankly, I did it once and never again. Bucket list thing and I was not wearing at the time. Very brutal, but I was a lot younger. Once you get through security (very tight now), they don't want you moving around too much. This is for everyone's safety, even if comfort is sacrificed. Now if a business denies use of a bathroom for a disabled person, that is totally not right. But how do you damand portable bathrooms at such an event in the middle of what would be a busy street any other time of the day? Seems like a seperate issue you bring up between stores vs outside venues.

Well the safety factor is only for the safety of the NYPD not the attendees. NYPD has this notion that if you put small groups of people in pens that its easier on them to take care of. When the police and leaders say its for safety its not your safety they are concerned about its the leaders and police force safety they care two sheets about your safety in my opinion Unless you are someone in Blue or in power the general population takes a back seat. If they had the toilets there I am sure that people would not risk jail for a cheap thrill and miss the event they came to experience and enjoy. thing is NYC could handle the situation far better than they have been for decades. Guess that is the difference between small town USA and metropolises like NYC. Big cities do not have to be that way and they know it. and maintaining them easy enough by lining then up on the curb and have the tank bottomless meaning that urine would just flow on the side of the curb like a Paris drain into the storm sewers as far as the other waste likely there would be little to none. If you are worried about security at event do not they have checkpoint entry where you and your bag is searched once cleared at the checkpoint you are considered sterile and have at it.

The reality is, we live in times where large cities are targets. It is incredibly difficult to watch everyone at all times. I for one think the NYPD are doing just fine at these events. I live in NY. I know first hand what it is like to be effected by some crazy that decided to take their life that day. I go to parades and arena sporting events and it takes time to get in, but it is worth it. Unfortunately you give up some rights and conveniences in the process. It seems like you had a bad run in with the police. I have had nothing but positive experiences. With the exception of having to see cold blooded murder of someone trying to protect others, while at their job. No one is perfect. But choosing to live in a densely populated area, I take the risk and appreciate that others are taking a risk as well to protect me. I am truly sorry if you see it differently, but that is the reality of living in a city that is always a potential target, especially at a large gathering.
As for your remark about bottomless toilets, our sewers have enough crap in them already. Those street drains often end up in our rivers. Please don't get me started on preserving what surrounds this great city. Thank goodness NY does not allow bottomless toilets in the city. I would rather hope more would wear a diaper out or choose not to attend an outdoor event if not willing to deal with some discomfort or inconvenience. Just stay at home and watch it on TV. That is an option I choose every year at this point of my life.

This is awsome. I love how they were so upfront about it. Not even shy, lol

INCONTAL said:
It is common to use diapers at events.

No way! I seriously doubt that.

Diapers simply aren't a solution, since people will need to change them. If diapers really were common, you'd see a lot of them discarded in the streets.

If there really are no toilets provided (seriously?!) then people will be urinating in the streets. Everyone knows that, everyone does it, and everyone knows it's illegal. So how do you explain how you deal with a lack of toilets without incriminating yourself? You pretend you're wearing a diaper... as a knowing joke.

Think back to when toilets didn't really exist. No one wore diapers; they'd relieve themselves in the street or in pots that were emptied in the street.

BabyCorry said:
How do you propose organizers provide these toilets for 100,000+ people in the middle of a major urban setting?

It's hardly a problem, is it?! The Notting Hill Carnival has over a MILLION visitors, yet toilets are provided in the "major urban setting" of central London.

Barnboy said:
The reality is, we live in times where large cities are targets. It is incredibly difficult to watch everyone at all times. I for one think the NYPD are doing just fine at these events. I live in NY. I know first hand what it is like to be effected by some crazy that decided to take their life that day. I go to parades and arena sporting events and it takes time to get in, but it is worth it. Unfortunately you give up some rights and conveniences in the process. It seems like you had a bad run in with the police. I have had nothing but positive experiences. With the exception of having to see cold blooded murder of someone trying to protect others, while at their job. No one is perfect. But choosing to live in a densely populated area, I take the risk and appreciate that others are taking a risk as well to protect me. I am truly sorry if you see it differently, but that is the reality of living in a city that is always a potential target, especially at a large gathering.
As for your remark about bottomless toilets, our sewers have enough crap in them already. Those street drains often end up in our rivers. Please don't get me started on preserving what surrounds this great city. Thank goodness NY does not allow bottomless toilets in the city. I would rather hope more would wear a diaper out or choose not to attend an outdoor event if not willing to deal with some discomfort or inconvenience. Just stay at home and watch it on TV. That is an option I choose every year at this point of my life.
No bad run in at all. Just stating fact that If the police gave you or me the same amount of protection they do lets say the media folk or those on stage performing or Leaders of all stripes then I would not have to say what I did. Its called equal protection which you and me get the shaft and that is cold hard truth and reality.
As far as putting urine into the Hudson that is childs play to what some manufacturers put in it upstate between Albany and Manhattan. I will never give up my rights as a human being! Let alone in the USA... I lived in Boston for 2 years and Providence RI for over 6 years so I know what big city life is all about.
When you pass the security checkpoint as I said earlier you are sterile and there should not be a worry about them unless they use their fists or other body parts as weapons. Guess we need to ban long nails on women eh? since a fingernail can be as sharp as a knife you know that right? I respect those in Blue its just the way the protection priorities are dictated are unequal and that is what you should be outraged at. Maybe I should get a 1,000 NYPD force each time I come to NYC to protect me like they do the leaders and celebs and wall street titans, Bilderbergs or Ilumanti folk eh? As far as being targets if we lived in fear we would not get out of our bed each day and live our lives. I am incontinent myself full out Bladder loss of control I am 24-7 365 diapered now FYI. It just is flat out wrong to expect anyone to be forbidden from using a toilet some people are there for over 12-16 hours and no human being can hold the bladder that long unless you have a stone blocking it and you bust inside causing peritonitis So I truly hope the NYC Disability Department gets back to me soon on this. By the way I do have family & friends in the police force around the nation so I would never disrespect them in any way shape form or fashion.

If, in fact, a large number of people were wearing diapers at Times Square; then I would find that rather exciting. People willing to use diapers for convenience is a big step in the way of removing some of the stigma. Especially the people willing to admit it on live tv or to a publication. I'm not naive; some of the people that were willing to admit it were going for shock value and to get attention...hell, they may have not even been wearing a diaper at all. Still, I would hope that one day wearing a diaper for the purpose of convenience or not having to "hold it" would not be looked at with such scrutiny. I, for one, wear diapers not only for fun; but also when I know access to a bathroom is either non-existent or impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back