New diapers or improvements for 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdorableRabbit said:
Ah... well I think most know what I hope to see...

- Double leak guards and designs that are better at handling sitting without leaks.
- Something pink and pretty with single tapes per side.

^____^

Yep this absolutely totally!

Microfiber ones with the older cotton receiving blanket patterns, I get the cotton ones at thrift stores and they're really close to the Gerber flat diapers, only bigger, for the fold/place and pin functionality (fold them in thirds which has a really thick side and a thin side, for boy babies (physically) the thick side to the front and for girls (again, physical) to the back. Most who were born after like 1970 were diapered with pampers or similar. Older babies like me have that tactile memory (like remembering sound or sight, only touch) which I find most pleasant. Gerber used to market plastic (or rubber) pants and flat diapers in growed-up sizes. Until I was 16 I was skinny enough to use the Toddler size PVC.
And poor enough that I didn't get that option very often.

I use the Tykables large and they are the best disposable I have tried. They are sold out as of now but expect to be shipping in Feb. If you wish they will add you to their mailing list. Due to the adverse publicity they received when they opened a store front they have sold out of just about everything.. The things i bought from them are first rate. The snap crotch onsies are stretchy and very well made.. They will hold a diaper, cloth or disp., tightly. I sue them and no one has ever noticed.. Note I wear for need as well as pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

I use the Tykables large and they are the best disposable I have tried. They are sold out as of now but expect to be shipping in Feb. If you wish they will add you to their mailing list. Due to the adverse publicity they received when they opened a store front they have sold out of just about everything.. The things i bought from them are first rate. The snap crotch onsies are stretchy and very well made.. They will hold a diaper, cloth or disp., tightly. I use them and no one has ever noticed.. Note I wear for need as well as pleasure.

Luvs 7 that measures 25 inches in length!

I would love an adult sized pull up similar to underjams, where the padding goes from the front waistband all the way to the back. The granny panty things they make now are awful!

I just want tapes that work, and that I don't need to reinforce for sanity/peace of mind.

Having "premium" nappies with tapes held in their places on the edges of the back wings by 1cm of glue and plastic backing, is just ridiculous.

Mauxx said:
I'm hoping the Magnifico taping system takes the diaper world by storm and I can get those kinds of diapers for $1.67 a diaper so I can use them all the time. The tapes are just some damned sturdy, it's not fair that they're so pricey, lol

While I love being able to re position tapes easily, you can use them to role up the diaper and stick them down. Also my girlfriend tried them and didn't like because the tabs had sharp bits on them that jabbed her, she has sensitive skin and this caused her to get a rash. This has also happened to me minus the rash.

CookieMonstah said:
While I love being able to re position tapes easily, you can't use them to role up the diaper and stick them down. Also my girlfriend tried them and didn't like because the tabs had sharp bits on them that jabbed her, she has sensitive skin and this caused her to get a rash. This has also happened to me minus the rash.
I agree that Magnifico's aren't perfect, but they can be improved on.

I would like to see a size 7 in Luvs and Huggies.

ArchtopK said:
I will only be happy when someone duplicates the 80's style Luv's with the padding all the way out to the edges.

I would like to see something like that myself, because the product would be extremely useful and durable for those who need them. I have grown tired of the shrinkflation in the Abina, Molicare, Attends, and even the Dry 24/7 products. The Curity adult diapers that were once decent were turned to trash and replaced with the Wings product once Tyco took over (I think the Good Lord that Tyco is DEAD). Not to mention, the new Bambino Magnifico's failed attempt at the stretchy Velcro sides. I hope the demand shrinks to the point where Bambino has to stop importing them. Such a failure and waste of what would have been a decent diaper for people with severe needs, but those weird wings cause the product to leak. It's not worth the money.

Honeywell6180, what do you mean about the "failed attempt of the stretchy velcro sides" on Magnifico's? Magnifico's and Ultrastretch are still my favorite for the stretchy velcro sides alone.

I'd also like to see improvements to tapes on diapers.

Something I've thought up that I think would work well would be to leave the standard tapes as is and have them utilized as adjustment tapes. You would then have a third tape that's set further back on the wing but comes out further with a wide enough tape to go over the two adjustment tapes and essentially lock them in place.

I like the magnifico taping system with the stretchy sides and velcro but I think they could stand to be a bit stringer in terms of grip.

I agree Venesha, also needs more rounded corners instead of sharp corners on the Magnifico's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back