Are the plastic Molicare Slip Maxi going to be discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just read a post on youtube and it said that the plastic Molicare Slip is going to go cloth backed. I freaked out because that is my favourite nappy and the only nappies I buy. Do you think there is any truth in it. Have you heard anything?

We can only hope not.

I got my email back off Hartmann regarding are they discontinuing the plastic Molicare Slip Maxi and they wrote back they have no plans. I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear off this. I love this nappy with it's medical blue colour.

Would think this to be highly unlikely as this was introduced a period of time after they discontinued the original purple coloured super plus, thus they must have realised there was still a market for them to in effect re-release them, with a different colour. That seems to be the thing for quite a few manufacturers, to have a popular plastic backed nappy before making them cloth backed. Sales fall off and then they release a new plastic backed nappy.

A few examples that spring to mind. Molicare obviously, Tena with the active fit and I think iD slip went all cloth backed before bringing plastic backed back out. Although not a brand that I use but also Depends.

It seems that molicare aren’t very popular on here. If it was a AB nappy being discontinued there would be outroar. Do you think it’s unpoplerness is down to its blue medical color because it is a good absurbent pad and I especially love the colour so don’t understand why it seems disliked.

bobbilly said:
It seems that molicare aren’t very popular on here. If it was a AB nappy being discontinued there would be outroar. Do you think it’s unpoplerness is down to its blue medical color because it is a good absurbent pad and I especially love the colour so don’t understand why it seems disliked.

I remember when they were one of the high quality options. They were eclipsed by other products. I didn't really care for them because of the tendency of the padding to clump up when wet. I did like the feeling of the plastic shell but there were other products that more effectively met my needs. I'm always sorry to see a plastic-backed diaper go on principle but it's not really going to affect me.

I don't mind Molicares but don't really like the blue colour, if they did an all white version of the plastic backed I'd probably buy more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back