So You Want to Become Incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get too worked up over it, it's mostly a phase the vast super majority of younger AB/DLs will grow out of. As for the very very small minority that don't, often tend to put months, even years of research into what they're getting into. It could very well be a form of BIID that could go deeper than just simple fantasy.

I'm going with bobbilly on this one. Every month or so, a few of these articles crops up where someone posts about wanting incontinence/bedwetting/etc. Then people jump in and give the usual "you don't want this" speeches. My favorite is the "I am offended because I have incontinence and you shouldn't want what I have" speech. Seriously people, this is an ABDL board. Being offended by the reason someone might wear diapers differently than you ridiculous! Something that hurts nobody but the poster isn't much different than being offended by having to "look" upon a gay person in your church. Anti-gay people for example might argue that by a person being gay, this would negatively affect their entire family as well as the church they go to, so the gay person is therefore selfish when in reality the problem is with the intolerant person and the gay person happens to be living in their "truth"? Is it possible those that desire incontinence, whether or not they make it happen, are indeed living in their "truth"?

I have to say the information given by SnowPrincessSophie is refreshing and certainly lends more towards supporting people. The topic does border (and may cross the line in some people's opinions) into the self-harm category, but this is supposed to be a support group. This topic has been discussed since prior to the internet becoming mainstream (the BBS days). You can Google it and the hypnosis audio files have been made at least since the late 80s to achieve this and I don't see it going away anytime soon. For those that have a true mental illness or who request this type of thing may have been victims of child abuse, or other traumatic experiences. I'd rather see replies along the lines of sympathy rather than those that can just alienate these people. Just as those who feel they can't become "complete" unless surgically changing genders, which depending on your opinion, would be in the self-harm category, I don't see desired incontinence any different.

There is a percentage of people, albeit probably very small as SnowPrincessSophie has said, that truly wouldn't feel complete otherwise. Just about everyone who reads and posts on this site are not accepted by our culture as a whole at the present time, so I'm shocked at times how judgmental some of these off-the-cuff posts are. If we cannot be accepting of others similar to us, how can we expect society as a whole to accept ABDL's? I'm not saying to violate the rules of this blog, but a change in attitude towards others is overdue. We might all learn something. Rant over.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor
I have been incontinent and dependant on nappies for about 6 years now. Looking back I don't think I would have chosen this but to be honest it hasn't been a big deal. I accepted it very quickly and soon became DL as a result of wearing nappies 24/7. Now I honestly couldn't imagine life any other way. I am not going to encourage anyone to be incontinent but all I will say with the right attitude it is no big deal and actually quite enjoyable.

I think it is beneficial to members of our community who want incontinence that they can read about the implications that being incontinent has on you life. To some going 24/7 is justification to wear and for others its a fantasy to be incontinent because it makes them feel more babyish. I think a dose of reality is good because separating reality from fantasy is what some younger AB/DLs haven't learned yet, with time comes wisdom and something you want now you might hate when you get older.

ST50 said:
Looking back I don't think I would have chosen this but to be honest it hasn't been a big deal. I accepted it very quickly and soon became DL as a result of wearing nappies 24/7.
I'm in the same boat. It's a little bit different because I have an understanding significant other, but definitely there are several times each week where I'm just as happy to be in diapers as I feel frustrated. I had a leak today in public, which hasn't happened in months, but I've decided to start wearing plastic pants over my disposables again and am getting on with it. It's hard to say that I like being dependent on constant protection, but considering the alternative it's not a bad solution.

Obviously doing anything bad to yourself to make yourself IC is self-harm and worthy of trying to stop the person doing it (though good luck with that if they are an adult and they are determined).

People who wear 24/7 for a long time and then end up IC are different though - you can't really say they don't know what they are getting into - as they have lived the life for a very long time before anything becomes permament (unless they are very unlucky - and in which case they were probably going to have problems some day anyway).

Even as a DL I can tell it's not easy - and they must have some pretty strong need to go through with it - possibly some deep emotional pain that it helps with.

As others have said for most people it is just a fantasy.

Last edited:
I've wanted to be incontinent for as long as I can remember. For me it's more of fitting my own body image, and being comfortable with who I am. And there is nothing wrong with that.

When someone thinks people must be insane to want incontinence, they are thinking of urge incontinence. This is what I've had for the last 20 years, and yeah it would be insane to want this constant pain. However, what everyone actually refers to when they say they want to be incontinent is to be functionally incontinent.

With functional incontinence you never feel the need to pee, and your bladder never fills up very much at all. When using a good diaper this is actually a great convenience. It is relieving not being a slave to the toilet. Leaks are seldom at worst, and changes are always done at your own convenience- not your bladders.

Al i can ad in this is be VERY careful what youre wishing for as you might get it. And the road back may be very long and crooked, or even unreachable . If someone fantazize and dream about become incontinent then thats there right to do so or even try to get to this stage BUT again what i belive is that we al must be able to separate reel life from fantasy. & also the actuall result might actually not be what you thought when you fantized about this and the first exitment wears of and you STILL have no way back (or utliest a very long way ) regardless how this has gone so old. Not to mention the cost of diapers and al the rest needed (gasp ) i can easily think of things im way more happy to spend my few earned money on than this.

I agree 100 % with the previos statements that fantasy is and must ALWAYS be separated from Reel life because if we start to mix the two then we are in deep trouble.

Missy1 said:
Al i can ad in this is be VERY careful what youre wishing for as you might get it. And the road back may be very long and crooked, or even unreachable . If someone fantazize and dream about become incontinent then thats there right to do so or even try to get to this stage BUT again what i belive is that we al must be able to separate reel life from fantasy. & also the actuall result might actually not be what you thought when you fantized about this and the first exitment wears of and you STILL have no way back (or utliest a very long way ) regardless how this has gone so old. Not to mention the cost of diapers and al the rest needed (gasp ) i can easily think of things im way more happy to spend my few earned money on than this.

I agree 100 % with the previos statements that fantasy is and must ALWAYS be separated from Reel life because if we start to mix the two then we are in deep trouble.

Oh I absolutely agree with you. I wanted to become incontinent for a long time. Then one day I got into a car wreck and did become -urge- incontnent. It was NOT exactly what I was wishing for.

Already being a DL set me back too. I felt guilty of wearing diapers, and even underserving to have that perfect excuse to have them- in spite of still loving to wear them. Like you said, my two realities didn't mix so well (at first).

This all said, I would never give up my diapers now. And when I am openly dripping all the time and functionally incontinent, I enjoy every minute of it. It IS what I have seeking in life (and still am thanks to not yet being physically stabalized down there). This part I have no regrets on.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's _really_ nice to see Slomo back. At a time when it looked like he really needed some support due to his ongoing issues, the forum banned him ...

Back to thread topic...

I take the NHS supply and deliver your incontinence nappies every month

dad3601 said:
I take the NHS supply and deliver your incontinence nappies every month

I get mine every three months.

I can vouch for this, I've been incontinent for four years eventually being diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder I have to ISC (intermittent self catheterisation) at regular points throughout the day but as I'm unaware of my bladder filling up it overflows so I'm stuck in a nappy 24/7 and while I'm greatful the NHS provides me with what I need they only supply tena slipplus to me for the day so I'm forever changing its awful I don't get why someone would want to choose this forever if I could go back to normal i would but the doctors told me that's it for life, it's almost taken my life once as well when I contracted urosepsis from a really bad kidney infection. I'm a gardener as well so try explaining to your customers why you have a nappy poking out of your trousers or finding somewhere to change in the middle of the day when your coated head to toe in mud. All I would say is those who want to be dependent DONT, while wearing 24/7 has its advantages they come few and far between the rest of the time it is exhausting.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm happy they do it's a pain isn't it, I struggle to hide three months worth. Plus I don't massively rate tena I find they leak a lot and don't hold much but beggars can't be choosers it's those or form out £60+ per month.

Pongoandperdi15 said:
I can vouch for this, I've been incontinent for four years eventually being diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder I have to ISC (intermittent self catheterisation) at regular points throughout the day but as I'm unaware of my bladder filling up it overflows so I'm stuck in a nappy 24/7 and while I'm greatful the NHS provides me with what I need they only supply tena slipplus to me for the day so I'm forever changing its awful I don't get why someone would want to choose this forever if I could go back to normal i would but the doctors told me that's it for life, it's almost taken my life once as well when I contracted urosepsis from a really bad kidney infection. I'm a gardener as well so try explaining to your customers why you have a nappy poking out of your trousers or finding somewhere to change in the middle of the day when your coated head to toe in mud. All I would say is those who want to be dependent DONT, while wearing 24/7 has its advantages they come few and far between the rest of the time it is exhausting.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm happy they do it's a pain isn't it, I struggle to hide three months worth. Plus I don't massively rate tena I find they leak a lot and don't hold much but beggars can't be choosers it's those or form out £60+ per month.

See, again, this type of horrible inconinence is NOT what people ever wish for. I know it sucks for you but imagine how much better it would be if you never had to worry about any of that, had diapers that actually work good, and wore onesies/long shirts.

I do wear bodysuits in winter they help, I certainly wouldn't wish for it I wish I could get rid of it, it has a huge impact on my wife as well while she copes with it a lot she sometimes breakdown over it.

The fact that some actually dream of this & trying to have this and activly work to get Incontinent is beyound my wildest belief BUT as i also sed its everyones own choice.

Pongoandperdi15 have you conciderd to try ord thicker baby diapers as extra protection under youre regular diapers ? I do and its WAY cheeper and fore me it have so far worked (im not a waelthy girl i should ad so i have to try to find cheep solutions that do still work )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I do that too, I put one in before work by lunch time I pull it out making it much simpler, means I usually get through a day without having to fully change

- - - Updated - - -

But you see this is what people don't imagine when they think about it they just see all the advantages the few there are like not having to use public restrooms or being out and about trying to find a loo, but what about when you do need a change finding somewhere to do it is quite hard, not to mention the fact I get awful looks sometimes for using the disabled loo it's like I am disabled have you ever tried to change your self image small cubicle before. And if you don't find a loo you run the risk of leaks when you sit down on a lovely wet pad. I find it insane when people wish for incontinence, find it even worse when they wish they were double incontinent I find it hard enough being urinary incontinent.

Excellent well i just thought i should ask you know

Yeah i hear you on that , me i honestly couldent care less if someone were to give me od looks for using the disiabled toilet, yeah (and im double btw still progressing down towards severe /full incontinent on both if im not mistaken :( So you dont whant to know how it feels having to go with a load in youre diapers while trying to get changed somewere worying about possible leek,i agree 100 % i wouldent wish ether of this and defenetly NOT double on anyone and my heart breaks to read about al thats actually have this problems be it only urinary or fecal or both and especially you younger ones :(

Pongoandperdi15 said:
Yeah I do that too, I put one in before work by lunch time I pull it out making it much simpler, means I usually get through a day without having to fully change

- - - Updated - - -

But you see this is what people don't imagine when they think about it they just see all the advantages the few there are like not having to use public restrooms or being out and about trying to find a loo, but what about when you do need a change finding somewhere to do it is quite hard, not to mention the fact I get awful looks sometimes for using the disabled loo it's like I am disabled have you ever tried to change your self image small cubicle before. And if you don't find a loo you run the risk of leaks when you sit down on a lovely wet pad. I find it insane when people wish for incontinence, find it even worse when they wish they were double incontinent I find it hard enough being urinary incontinent.

And that's why you should always be carefull what you wish for. Quite often there's more to what you get than you bargain for.

As for finding places to change, either there's always a bathroom near by, or nobody near by so you can make like a diapered bear in the woods and change by a tree.

Eventually you'll stop caring what others think and ignore their dumb looks. I'm also disabled with bad knees and legs (though thankfully not wheelchair bound just yet). Bathroom cubicles are no problem once you get it figured out. The real challenge is changing in an airplane bathroom (the key here is gently leaning against the door).

And you never have to understand everything everyone else may want or like. Just accept that they do.

Take me for example. I've always wanted to be "functionally" urinary incontinent. When I became "urge" incontinent I fought with needing diapers, and hated my constantly painful urges. And that got worse when I developed a neurological dyssynergia sphincter and bladder. I've had some time after a sphincterotomy surgery where I was openly draining, and not having to strain to pee was awesome. The same while catheterized as I am right now (though the cath is a pain in itself).

To this day I still wish for that functional incontinence. I long for not having to worry IF I even can pee or not, as well as never again having to rush to the bathroom. Since switching to good premium diapers I don't have to deal with leaks much at all anymore, or feeling clammy wet when soaked too. And the feeling of a warm and wet diaper is bliss to me. Not many like that feeling, but I do and is a big part of why I wish for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back