Are AB/DL's more prone to incontinence later in life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm talking more people who over a prolong time can wet and mess by purpose in any situation? You have to admit there are many ab/dl who can wet like this. It becomes second nature to wet and mess.

Do you think AB/DL's will end up more incontinent later in life because they are more conditioned to wetting/messing? Considering most elderly people end up incontinent without an interest in incontinence pads. Will conditioning yourself to wet/mess and old age lead to more incontinence?

I think for me after wearing nappies off and on for 14 years (and I mean going exclusively wetting in my nappy for prolong periods) I have become accomplished to wetting and my control while wearing isn't as strong as when I was younger. I mean to say old people become incontinent without trying to become incontinent. Dose a person simulating incontinence for years on end up more incontinent then a lay person? I know for me I have a weak stream when wetting.

this gets asked a lot (search closed threads)

short answer: no moreso than anyone else. (many find diapers improve their bladder control, specifically beating "stage-fright", one benefit for me wearing diapers)

bambinod said:
this gets asked a lot (search closed threads)

short answer: no moreso than anyone else. (many find diapers improve their bladder control, specifically beating "stage-fright", one benefit for me wearing diapers)

I have searched. I'm not asking if wearing over a prolong time causes incontinence, I know that is a fact. I'm asking if people continue wearing nappies does that decrease their continence level even when they aren't trying to become incontinent?

Think in general AB/DL’s are more accepting of incontinence and consequently more likely to be such later in life.

bobbilly said:
I have searched. I'm not asking if wearing over a prolong time causes incontinence, I know that is a fact. I'm asking if people continue wearing nappies does that decrease their continence level even when they aren't trying to become incontinent?

No, because there is no way that those would be linked. Diapers do not cause incontinence, period.

I've worn practically 24/7 for the past 7 months or so. I haven't come across any continence issues at all. Perhaps the only thing that I've noticed is that my bladder capacity had decreased a bit. Not exactly ideal for some, but in my profession of driving 18 wheelers, prostate, bladder, and colon/bowel problems are increased for us because truckers typically hold their bladder and bowels for extended periods of time. At one point my bladder had an unhealthy capacity of over a liter. When it was full, I could actually feel the weight of it when going over bumps.
I don't mess often at all because of obvious reasons. I tend to get backed up still, because I hold it for too long.

As others have said, incontinence issues come from other various conditions. Even if you'd train yourself to void with less holding to the point of it being second nature, you can gain that back, it would be like potty training all over again. There's no physical problems that come from it. It's mental training both ways.

You may read medical articles about nursing home patients losing control after being put in diapers. The patient was suffering from incontinence in some form and it deteriorates after time. The patients' muscles weaken when they become less mobile and not exercise their bladder muscles to keep the condition from deteriorating further.

You don't/shouldn't get put in to diapers in a nursing home if you don't have any pre-existing conditions. Even if they're immobile to a certain degree. There's alternative options for those people such as urinal jugs to external catheters and ect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back