PeekABU delayed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Samsung in our guest room, not sure what model, but it has fantastic picture and has lasted a cross country move and being moved around between a few rooms, etc. 10/10 would buy again.

ForArt said:
Where’d you find that nifty overview of their whole supply?!

You can get on their mailing list by visiting their web site and scrolling to the bottom, there's an "enter your email address here" box in the lower right of most pages.

They're pretty good with how they use that list. They only use it to send out updates and new availability announcements, not the typical frequent advertisement of existing products that most other mailing lists do. So when you get something from them, it's usually something you wanted to see. So as long as you don't mind getting those sorts of updates via email it's a nice list to sign up for.

klo555 said:
We have a Samsung in our guest room, not sure what model, but it has fantastic picture and has lasted a cross country move and being moved around between a few rooms, etc. 10/10 would buy again.

We currently only have Samsung TVs and I think they have all lasted past their warranty period... Wait wasn’t this thread about PeekABUs?

Got a serious question about the PeekABUs and your Simple Ultras, are they the same shape/fit/envelope as your current premium Space/Simple/Pawz (understand thinner) or are they a new shape altogether?

Argent said:
Wait wasn’t this thread about PeekABUs?

Yeah, it's amazing how often threads go sideways :laugh:

Argent said:
We currently only have Samsung TVs and I think they have all lasted past their warranty period... Wait wasn’t this thread about PeekABUs?

Got a serious question about the PeekABUs and your Simple Ultras, are they the same shape/fit/envelope as your current premium Space/Simple/Pawz (understand thinner) or are they a new shape altogether?

Can’t lie, I cracked up when the topic shifted to Samsung TV’s... So I decided to participate (life is too short not to enjoy a giggle).

Regarding your question: they are from a new machine, but the cut is almost identicle. We will be doing official sizing soon so that we can ensure people get the right size.

BabyDenise said:
Yeah, it's amazing how often threads go sideways :laugh:

It's been a while since I've seen us have a nice, organic thread drift. I'll play both sides: I'm sad about the delay but my Samsung TV is holding up very well after at least 6 years.

This diaper piqued my curiosity in spite of its AB-themed prints (I am strictly a DL). The delay is unfortunate, but occurrences do arise that are beyond a manufacturer's control. On the other hand, I am quite pleased that an all-white variant of the diaper has been announced.

I'm so glad that they came out with the Simple Ultra. I'll definitely be buying a half-case when they finally release. I just wasn't a huge fan of the print on the PeekAbu's.

I too was a bit disappointed by the delay, but I have faith that ABU is doing what needs to be done to get the best product possible to market.

Argent said:

Yes, it was about Peek Abu's, but I was trying to make a point, that them coming later than expected, is not a big deal.

Trevor said:
It's been a while since I've seen us have a nice, organic thread drift. I'll play both sides: I'm sad about the delay but my Samsung TV is holding up very well after at least 6 years.

Drifting back . . .
I'm a huge fan of my Samsung products, in particular the "SideSync" app which allows me to see through & control my Samsung phone's camera through my Samsung tablet.
That's how I take all of the pics of me wearing ABU diapers!

Seriously though- can we please just stop comparing the modern "Strom Holdings ABUniverse" with the old creepy original company?
All they have in common is a URL and the rights to a couple iconic ABDL diaper designs.
The old company exhibited major faults in morality and business practices, and was appropriately black-listed by ADISC members.
The current incarnation of ABU has acted in an ethical & responsible way since day one, and has brought numerous fantastic new ABDL products to market.

While we're at it, can we please stop with the silly "armchair quarterback" criticisms of ABU and other small specialty suppliers?
They serve a niche market with very specialized products.
These products are inevitably going to be expensive compared to similar mass-market items.
Adult diapers like Depends, made by the millions & distributed by a giant multi-national corporation are always going to be cheaper than uber-thick baby-print diapers.
It's even fair for the consumer to be grumpy if they go to their local chain drug store and find that they are currently out of stock- after all, you've come to depend on them being available whenever you go to buy them!

A specialty supplier has to work with major limitations.
At the end of the month, they need to have enough $$$ to pay the rent, the bills, the employees & if they are lucky, themselves.
They need to have enough $$$ to pay manufacturers for the next batches of product to be made & shipped.
They have a finite amount of space in which to store product.
They have to guess what specific demand will be (how many of what style/size will people want to order & when).
They have to guess when they will get this product after unpredictable manufacturing, shipping, & customs-clearing.
Once the product arrives, they need to re-distribute it fast enough to keep their customers happy, to not run out of room in their warehouse, and to generate enough revenue to pay the bills and order yet more product.

No matter how well & ethically they run their business, their product is always going to be a bit expensive, and their supply occasionally won't match current demand.

Personally, I'm thrilled to read about a new cool product coming to market, and love the anticipation & excitement of waiting to try it out. A delay is no big deal.

I doubt Strom ABU will ever accept pre-orders, simply because of how badly the old ABU handled them.
But if they did, I would happily "invest" to assure that I got MINE asap once they landed.
It's a simple matter of trust, and Strom ABU has earned it from me.

I'm really looking forward to getting my PeekABUs, both AB-print & white.
I'll be sure to take lots of pics with my Samsung phone camera slaved to my Samsung tablet via Samsung SideSync.
My only problem is I don't know how to show my pics on my Samsung TV.
Currently I use my Mac Laptop via my AppleTV.
Does anyone know of a Droid app so I can stream to my TV from my Samsung devices, either via my AppleTV or directly to the TV?

carstoncouche said:
I doubt Strom ABU will ever accept pre-orders, simply because of how badly the old ABU handled them.
But if they did, I would happily "invest" to assure that I got MINE asap once they landed.
It's a simple matter of trust, and Strom ABU has earned it from me.

it's not just trust, it's risk. The risk may be low in some channels, but here delays and The Unexpected seems to be regular enough to be relied on. I'm glad they're not accepting preorders because the risk is just too high. If they'd have taken a preorder on the PeekABU back in November, when the expected delivery date was right around the corner, they'd already have gotten burned. It doesn't matter how trustworthy a retailer is if they are forced to rely on unreliable manufacturers. If you want to trust them, trust them to NOT take pre-orders when the risks are too high.

We're dealing with single manufacturers that aren't very high volume (per customer/product) over there. They'd rather over-promise and miss some deadlines than say "no, we can't guarantee that" and lose the business to the dozen behind them with no better odds that are all too willing to promise the world to get your business.

klo555 said:
Can’t lie, I cracked up when the topic shifted to Samsung TV’s... So I decided to participate (life is too short not to enjoy a giggle).

Regarding your question: they are from a new machine, but the cut is almost identicle. We will be doing official sizing soon so that we can ensure people get the right size.

We got a free 19” Samsung TV when we bought our 3D Samsung (we even used the 3D once for Avatar and have been meaning to get to X-Men in 3D) the freeby one is setup in front of my cross trainer and perfectly supports a Raspberry Pi with a headphone jack so I can watch all the Anime or Doctor Who I want with no loud noises.

Oh yeah excellent to hear the fit is designed to be as close as possible to your Premiums, now of course everyone is going to be watching closely (maybe on a Samsung maybe not) to see if Simple Ultras completely replace your current Simple Premiums and then what will become of Space and Pawz?

@klo555

I'd love to have a Little Pawz print case for my Samsung tablet . . .

Please continue to bring us new products, just as long as you keep making my beloved original Little Paws with the crinkly plastic backing ;)

Oh wow! This is actually the first I've heard about new diapers coming out. For a while I only checked Amazon then when I checked AB specific sites there seemed to be hundreds of new brands and types. :eek:

I would rather wait , and have a better quality product , then something that is rushed and everyone is disappointed ,
i have worked in the industry making diapers before and depending on what it is , its not just a simple adjusting a machine , if its materials or getting raw stuff or special things in order to make the product that they dont have it might take a little time for them to get such things done , also tested from defects and such ,

Give the guys credit to give us something new to wear , i know the excitement is there but better late then never , and they at least did not do a pree order and u paid for something you did not get :)
at least abu is giving us some new items and products and not getting rid of old to introduce a new print like other abdl companys ,

- - - Updated - - -

Last time i bought from abu , there was a couple out of stock issues but they were Excellent to give me alternatives and refund me or fix the issue with other items :) their customer service is excellent
Ask the diaper ninjas about the diaper samples that fell off a truck for me to try :)

I'm very pleased that they're making an all-white version. If I could toss another suggestion into the box: I'd really like an all-white version of the plastic Preschools. I like the design but it would be nice to have an all-white diaper available as an option too.

I think ABU needs to do a special. Buy 10 cases and get a Samsung TV free.

Samsung TV's are BOSS, i have two and the one from 2011 is still more advanced then anything. Plus you can screen share them with your phone and blast amazing travel photos to your friends to show off where you've been.

Also,

OLD ABU got ALL my money, it was great ! I loved them forever, NEVER got burned, i would always order and ALWAYS received my stuff, the one and ONLY time i got delayed was when fabines first came out but it was all good they made up for it with COUPONS !!!!...., but it was probably me that put them out of business because i ABUSED all the coupons oppurtunities i got, and i got them ALL... and so i had SO MANY cases of diapers for REDICULOUSLY low prices !

New ABU has MORE products but less "Items", and NO coupons (not counting the sample purchase credits), so in that sense they are WAY LAMER.

Still a great company , STRESS the "STILL" part, erm cough cough wheres my LOYALTY Coupon for the guy that never wavered ? .....i have all my receipts....

I don't mind the wait, I was wearing a pre-school yesterday and thought how cool would it be to have a thing product like that, but can hold a little more than a little paws... if we wait, good things will come.

@Squshy Tushy
OLD ABU got ALL my money, it was great ! I loved them forever, NEVER got burned, i would always order and ALWAYS received my stuff . . . but it was probably me that put them out of business because i ABUSED all the coupons oppurtunities i got, and i got them ALL... and so i had SO MANY cases of diapers for REDICULOUSLY low prices

5 years ago such a comment would have gotten your flamed if not outright banned here, lol.
I myself got plenty of flack in years past for stating that I personally never had any bad experiences with the old company.
Still, you & I got lucky. The blowout deals we got on cases were because the old company was failing, and desperate for revenue.
The wide range of "Items" was nice, but they were the things most often out of stock.
You can find your misc. "Items" elsewhere, and I appreciate the fact that ABU is focusing on its core product line, and expanding it slowly.
I'm always thrilled when they announce a new product, because I know they are prepared & committed to make it consistently available.
(e.g. their onesies which I love!).

@Ryger
Maybe Samsung could profit from an ABU promo- "Buy a Samsung Device & get a case of ABU diapers free!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back