Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PeekABU's Are Being A Bit Shy
New Release Date: Mid February!

Our new diaper PeekABU is having difficulty making an appearance in our warehouse and we wanted to keep you in the loop!

The manufacturing of PeekABU was delayed due to a design problem with an element of the machine used to make the diaper super absorbent. We've found the solution and production can continue shortly! The ABU Teddy bears are hard at work!

THE GOOD NEWS
New parts have been ordered and are on the way to the factories. We don’t anticipate any more delays!
in anticipation and by popular demand we have increased our initial order to bring you a new white version of PeekABU called Simple Ultra!

Introducing Simple Ultra
Doing More With Less

Simple Ultra features our new super absorbent diaper (PeekABU shell) without the flare! If you love the plain white diaper look and want to enjoy our new revolutionary absorbency core; Simple Ultra is for you!
All White Diaper
4 Tapes
10% Lighter than our Premium diaper line
20% Thinner than our Premium diaper line
Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line
Simple Ultra will release alongside PeekABU mid February.

Owell... though I'll give a thumbs-up for the Simple Ultra, as dinosaurs on my diapers aren't really a priority, and I prefer all-white anyway.

But wil have to wait some more :cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:
that really sucks. i was looking forward to them. it is cool that they will have an all white super diaper.

Was only gonna fixin to try a single sample of the PeekABU when they dropped, now I'm definitely going to try to grab up a case probably now that there's a plain all white version. Even if delayed a little longer, I'm now properly excited for the new Simple Ultras :biggrin:

Shame. Was willing to to step out of my ABU boycott to give it a try. But this kinda roots back to why I don't buy from them anymore.

babyblueblanket said:
Shame. Was willing to to step out of my ABU boycott to give it a try. But this kinda roots back to why I buy from them anymore.

The old ABU would have taken pre-orders in July and this would be their 10th "there's another delay" email to everyone waiting for what they paid for half a year ago, and the reaction to a two month delay would be riot-inducing here. I'd call this a massive improvement.

I understand they wanted to take advantage of the "Christmas Hype" time, but in an industry where we can seem to "expect some unexpected delays", this may not be the best plan. I think I'd rather hear about a new product on the day it's in the warehouse and ready to ship. Too many delays (or too long of an overall collection of delays) makes people lose interest that would have otherwise been eager to click the Buy Now button. And if the intent was to get the buyers wound up for a final availability down the road, it's just going to result in wiping out the entire order in a week or two (sound familiar?) followed by yet another agonizing delay for the next run.

I dunno. I'm not a bean-counter, and I'd expect you'd have to be a good one with experience in the specific market to really know what makes the best bottom-line down the road. It just appears to me (the armchair-quarterback) that this just isn't optimal for anyone?

bambinod said:
The old ABU

Couldn't agree more. Its frustrating when your a person who relies on a product and stocking seems to be a revolving issue for a company that you put your faith in. I can imagine the product will be good and I do understand that machinery breaks down but it doesn't negate some of the previous actions. (Such as offering a blast email discount on a product that is out of stock and took two months to get back in stock)

Just bad for business

Yes they have vastly improved but some of those things still leave a bitter taste.

Old ABU got ZERO dollars from me. I don't do business with companies like that. The new ABU has earned my trust, and I totally recommend them to anyone who cares to listen to some random sock wearing internet fox. It's a completely different company.

I'm disappointed in the delay. I put off ordering diapers for a month waiting for these. But I understand stuff happens. What impresses me is that they didn't take pre-orders for a product they didn't have yet.

Am I sad that they are delayed? Yes! However, it will be okay with me.

I have bigger things to be upset about. Like a Samsung TV that I have
to send back to the store, due to a screen defect. Now, I'm a bit skeptical
of buying any new tv, because they're not built to last long. :(

The delay is definitely a bummer, but I would much rather have ABU delay the product than rush it to the market. It seems anymore companies are way to willing to rush a half done product than they are to delay a product until it is ready, so I appluad ABU for being the latter. I’m also personally excited for the Simple Ultra since an all white design appeals to me more, I can’t wait to see a review of this new diaper.

Since ABU came under new management a few years ago, they have been completely overhauled. It's effectively a different company now. The new ABU has excellent customer service and top quality products, so a delay in introducing a new product (for which they haven't taken any orders) is forgivable. I wouldn't hold their troubled past against them. That being said, I am excited to see what PeekABU will be like!

12srepaid said:
Am I sad that they are delayed? Yes! However, it will be okay with me.

I have bigger things to be upset about. Like a Samsung TV that I have
to send back to the store, due to a screen defect. Now, I'm a bit skeptical
of buying any new tv, because they're not built to last long. :(

As someone who's worked in retail replacing broken tv's, skip the Samsungs. They might have a good image but they often don't last. Sometimes the off band is more reliable.

On the topic of diapers, I'm glad the ABU is coming out with a simple version. I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait to try them but I don't mind too much.

Katarn89 said:
As someone who's worked in retail replacing broken tv's, skip the Samsungs.

Counter-point:

I have three Samsung TV's purchased over the last 4 years and all are still working perfectly.

BabyDenise said:
Counter-point:

I have three Samsung TV's purchased over the last 4 years and all are still working perfectly.

That's good to hear. I think Samsung can make quality products. My perspective was limited to only the broken ones. So for every broken one I don't know how many working one's are out there.

Katarn89 said:
That's good to hear. I think Samsung can make quality products. My perspective was limited to only the broken ones. So for every broken one I don't know how many working one's are out there.

I have 2 working ones and one of those is 4 years old , don't forget Samsung and LG make screens for most of the other brands as well

Coming Soon ETA Late December

ABU needs to update their storefront (though I do see "Simple Ultra" listed now)

I was excited to see they're coming out with the diaper w/o the peekaboo graphic as well, I'm definitely planning on trying a pack now as soon as they're available!

Well maybe someone was listening to me? ABU has just restocked. No PeekABU of course, and the kiddo I was waiting for (Lg) is still out, but a lot of red lights turned green.

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 5.11.06 PM.png

I have twin 55" Samsung HDTV from the 8000 series , they are the same tv bought a month apart, one needs 2 men and a boy to lift , the other has gorilla glass and can bevthrown over the shoulder , but after buying this tablet and having nothing but problems that samsung refuses to fix , i will never buy another samsung product as long as i live,and i have consistently caught grief from samsung for actively working to get customers to buy products from companies that service what they sell and support the customer before and after a purchase. So although i have wendsday TV 's there top of the line tablet is most assuredly a monday product .
Also if you do buy a Samsung product be sure to send them a letter with make model and serial number within 30 days to opt out of there fine print terms and conditions that limit your actions for a bad product to binding arbitration with a person of there choice , many people who were burned and hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills were given a credit for a new device and told to go away due to the fine print , if you don't opt out in writing even if you die from using a faulty product your family can not sue them if you don't opt out of there terms.all your family will get is a repladement product for the one that killed you.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
Well maybe someone was listening to me? ABU has just restocked. No PeekABU of course, and the kiddo I was waiting for (Lg) is still out, but a lot of red lights turned green.

View attachment 30227

Where’d you find that nifty overview of their whole supply?!

ForArt said:
Where’d you find that nifty overview of their whole supply?!

It was in their last email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back