Ten years from now

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is somewhat resurrecting an old topic, but it was so long ago that I am curious as to the thought's of others.

I've been slowly sifting through old topics from the beginning, starting at page 900-something in this forum. So far, I've made it to the 600s, and still chugging along. Anyhow, the discussion I am curious to revisit was "Adult diapers 10 years from now" which was posted in 2008, which is close enough to 10 years ago for me ;)

A notable mention to me is that a big concern in 2008 was the diminishing availability of plastic-backed diapers and the uprise of cloth-like, which is interesting given Depend somewhat recently discontinued, then resurrected their only plastic-backed diaper by popular demand.

I don't know exactly who was in the ABDL market in 2008, but Bambino was the only one that I was seeing mentioned in the thread, and they are still here today! (with a fair bit more competition)

What do you think about the progress the ABDL and/or adult diaper market has made in the past 10 years, and to re-pose the question again, what do you think we will be seeing in 10 more years?

Plastic has made a big come back due to rubbishness of cloth backed

zaps said:
I don't know exactly who was in the ABDL market in 2008, but Bambino was the only one that I was seeing mentioned in the thread, and they are still here today! (with a fair bit more competition)

I know MY first ABDL diaper purchase was from Bambino in 2008, so that tracks pretty well. There really wasn't much competition for them back in the day. This was way back when the only ABDL diaper they sold was the Bambino Classico. (baby blocks) I think AwwSoCute was one of the other early players, possibly along with the original ABU? I've tried AwwSoCute and they seem to have an extremely "sloppy" fit, and immediately I developed a preference for diapers with good leg gathers, leak guards, and especially front and rear elastic waistbands. (which also quickly struck the rev1 cushies off my list, leaving bambino with the only diapers I really liked)

parcelboy2 said:
Plastic has made a big come back due to rubbishness of cloth backed

In my 10 years of being DL, I would probably be able to count on two hands the number of cloth-backed diaper packages that I have bought, purely because I every time that I buy them, I am always disappointed in their absorbency, and personally find them less comfortable to wear.

bambinod said:
I know MY first ABDL diaper purchase was from Bambino in 2008, so that tracks pretty well. There really wasn't much competition for them back in the day. This was way back when the only ABDL diaper they sold was the Bambino Classico. (baby blocks) I think AwwSoCute was one of the other early players, possibly along with the original ABU? I've tried AwwSoCute and they seem to have an extremely "sloppy" fit, and immediately I developed a preference for diapers with good leg gathers, leak guards, and especially front and rear elastic waistbands. (which also quickly struck the rev1 cushies off my list, leaving bambino with the only diapers I really liked)

Now that you mention it and the more I think about it, the baby block design was the only adult-size, baby-themed diaper that I can recall from that timeframe.

Really interesting! I’ve said to my other half loads of time how lucky he is to live in a time with so much choice, if he was incontinent 20-30-70! Years ago I have no idea what would’ve happened.
Other than a lack of understanding and ‘strange’ label.

within the next 10 years, I bet we see a rise and fall of "Hyper capacity" diapers over 7000ml.

I bet we will also see a trend to super thick and fluffy.

I also bet we see more mainstream, Non ABDL adult diapers with fun prints and colors. Call those "lifestyle undergarments"

within the next 10 years, i bet we see the first "smart" diaper Either in the diaper themselves to alert you when they need changing, or in the bag to alert you when you need to order more.

I bet we see someone come up with an adult diaper sized Diaper Genie

I have recently done some research, and found that Bum Genius now has a size over 70 pounds, and it will fit up to a 35" waist. They are planning on making a yet larger size. So it appears like there will be more cloth offerings that match the infant products. Perhaps incontinence won't be such a big issue as it was in decades past.

Great topic to bring up, so much has changed in the last ten years for this market. I remember when attends, tena slip and abri-form's were the market leaders. The game changer in my opinion was when dry 24/7 released there product (Israel) and bambino came into the picture. I remember when I first saw the bambino's, I would tell myself never would I wear such a diaper, then the teddy's were released a few years later and I bought them, then the original sdk's. From there prob around 2013 or so the market erupted and went into high gear.
I suspect in the next ten years we will see more products that offer super absorbency with wicking (like the 3d channels in baby diapers) and more custom fit options like stretchy sides and stuff.

I think as diapers become more and more accepted, especially with the population living longer and the market for medical reasons increase, we will see a lot more research and design going on. For the masses, thinner, yet higher capacity will be a likely result. Those developments will trickle down to the ABDL side and visa versa, as has been the case. I would think smartphone integration with an app would also coincide as to when a change was needed.

Whatever happens I know that I will still be incontinent and dependant on nappies 24/7

i remember some 20 years ago with the birth of something called the internet i searched and searched for Adult Nappies (Diapers) and only came across a few medical brands... then in the UK as far as o recall there wasn't much around so i would make do with baby nappies stuffed in tight fitting knickers... then after a while i found cuddlz... i spent the next few years just using Tena pull ups... until i came across tumblr and this site now i've tried most of the ABDL brands out there,,, as for the next 10 years well for one by then i guess i will be more IC so using possibly 24/7 (Currently only need to wear at night) I hope by then adults will get a decent pull up and even better if in fun prints... More use of hybrid and velcro fastening systems... or reliable tapes...

MsCee said:
Really interesting! I’ve said to my other half loads of time how lucky he is to live in a time with so much choice, if he was incontinent 20-30-70! Years ago I have no idea what would’ve happened.
Other than a lack of understanding and ‘strange’ label.

That's a great point. I don't know that I would have ever gotten into diapers if I were born even 20 years earlier. I don't think that I would have ever been exposed to the idea. (I am the youngest in all of my extended family, so once I was out of diapers, there were no diapers around anywhere in my family, as far out as second cousins)

Foxroxsox said:
within the next 10 years, I bet we see a rise and fall of "Hyper capacity" diapers over 7000ml.

I bet we will also see a trend to super thick and fluffy.

I also bet we see more mainstream, Non ABDL adult diapers with fun prints and colors. Call those "lifestyle undergarments"

within the next 10 years, i bet we see the first "smart" diaper Either in the diaper themselves to alert you when they need changing, or in the bag to alert you when you need to order more.

I bet we see someone come up with an adult diaper sized Diaper Genie

I am curious as to why you included the "fall" of hyper capacity diapers? Do you think they won't last?

I would personally enjoy even just diaper colors to start. Something "medical styled" (plain), but also more fun than plain white.

Barnboy said:
I think as diapers become more and more accepted, especially with the population living longer and the market for medical reasons increase, we will see a lot more research and design going on. For the masses, thinner, yet higher capacity will be a likely result. Those developments will trickle down to the ABDL side and visa versa, as has been the case. I would think smartphone integration with an app would also coincide as to when a change was needed.

This is a good point. Everyone refers to baby boomers. They are old enough to start needing something and the market will react eventually. One of the older guys that I used to work with was close to retirement age, and there were multiple times where he would come storming into the bathroom and then be yelling in frustration because he wet he pants a little before he made it to the bathroom. People like him are in greater numbers than ever, and more products exist to help them than 10-20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back