New years resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldIron

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What are your resolutions for the new year?

Mine are to quit smoking, more than likely by way of vaping, and to be true to who I really am.

Mines 1280x1024 :D okay bad geek joke.

mines to change my name, get a job, move out and transition fully :D

LittleJess said:

Bad geek joke or not, I like it. Good luck with your transition.

I've never made a single New Year's resolution, and have none planned for this year either.

I have lots of resolutions.
The diaper related ones are :

I'll get over my fear of wearing publicly. That's all

I would like to get more exercise. I also want to memorize more pieces on the piano. I also would like to get back to writing. I'll need to get over some depression though. Right now I have my daughter and her family visiting and my entire family will be together for Christmas, but then the house will be very quiet when it's just the dog and I. I'll have to remember to motivate myself to do things, which I hope I do.

two great reso's

OldIron said:
What are your resolutions for the new year?

Mine are to quit smoking, more than likely by way of vaping, and to be true to who I really am.

Those are two of the best resolutions anyone can make OldIron. Giving up smoking is bloody hard but being a reformed smoker is great. I gave up smoking 30 years ago at age 32 and I'm still pleased with myself. Tip: the more times you try to give up (even if you fail) it is easier the next time until you finally succeed, so don't ever give up on giving up. And the patches, sprays, etc., are a big help. I only had the god awful nicotine gum way back then (in 'the olden days') but it got me over the worst of it.

Assuming humans can have an innate purpose, being true to who and what you really are, as opposed to what your culture needs & wants you to be, is the ultimate purpose of all human beings. A very noble resolution OldIron.

Best of luck with both.

My resolution is to go back to being the person that I was as an adolescent because I was a much nicer and kinder person then.

I think mine is going to be to learn how to wield a short sword Roman style.

I think it will be challenging since I am not much good with any swords (through I love them) and even buying one is trickey as they seem perpetually out of stock.

I don't make them, simply because I feel that if you need a special day once a year to make a promise to yourself, then you'll likely never see it through.

I'm going to finally get my name changed, and I'm going to learn how to make an edible cake.

That's not as in "a cake with edibles," though that would also be nice. That is a cake that meets standards for consumption. I am a disaster with baked goods. Not quite on the level of baked bads, but feeding them to people tests the boundaries of the Geneva Convention.

Well i guess I am boring I quit drinking years ago gave up cigarettes and caffeine a year ago my birthday, I live pretty clean.

So my resolurion is rather humble But not yo me i would like yo see another January , prognosis are guessing games with a lot of variables on mean survivotabiliy but when you are 10 years in on a 7-11 years survival sometimes it messes with your head and keeping a good outlook and hope is very much life extending, so those days when you feel the weight of the world on you and depression looms large, your trapped in bad thinking thats time that feels like it coming off the meter, and since there arent any suppot groups , even gets mostly kept in .So time on this side of the grsound would be awesome, but being disabled at this point it feels like a targets on back medicare cutbacks to turn illness into a cerain death sentence , some rich bastard wants his tax cuts even if means cutting the lives of many disabled through rationed care or refused care , its hard to diffrent , its even harder to know your not wanted in the world as whole, my families dead and people wish i was to , the American ideals i was brought in have been hijacked by the wealthy, i feel like all my working for a better country and community was a waste saving lives is only respected well you do it and when uou cant anymore your life is meaningless to the wealthy.sorry for the rant !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Not really a new year's resolution but I do want to lose weight between now and next year.

Would be nice to go to a doctor and not hear the morbidly obese line.

I have no one to blame but myself for my weight and I'm the one that will need to figure this out.

Just so dang hard to stick to diets. Temptation everywhere. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Stop drinking and try to be healthier overall.

LittleJess said:

Not even full HD? Aren't you setting the bar a tad low?

About that other stuff, though: I wish you well. I'm not a huge fan of multiple resolutions that are all tangled up in each other like that, but for what you're after, perhaps there's no better way. *raises glass*

Generally, I want to continue on the improvements I started making in 2017:

Continue going to the gym regularly (I have lost a good deal of weight, and I have gotten much stronger).

Make more productive use of my spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back