ABU PeekABU diapers... textured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just looking at the short promo video at ABUniverse and noticed they appear to have a texture to the shell. Early in the video they show the new diaper beside their Little Paws, and clearly there's a difference in the shell.

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.08.13 AM.jpg

I'm assuming it's not a clothlike shell (that'd be terrible!) but it looks like its dimpled?

I took another look and.... hmmmm..... I wonder, is that a velcro tape panel? The video seems to almost go out of its way to NOT show the tapes.... now that would be nice!

I wish they were velcro.

They are dimpled. ‘Twas mentioned in their announcement. It is to minimize crinkle for discreetness. Plastic shell; sticky tapes.

I'm assuming the diapers use conventional tape, as the "landing zone" appears to be made of conventional plastic in the pictures on ABU's website. The shell of the diaper is plastic with a dimpled pattern with the aim of reducing crinkling noise:

PeekABU uses a new absorbency technology that allows the diaper to be 10% Lighter, 20% Thinner and Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line: LittlePawz, Space, and ABU Simple.

Featuring an incredible new Fast Absorb Core, PeekABU uses a unique outer plastic shell with a dimpled pattern that results in a more silent diaper that feels smooth to the touch. Combined, these features provide the perfect daytime diaper able to contain the largest capacity EVER while retaining your diaper-ninja status while out and about!

From the ABU Website

I am curious enough to try the PeekABU diapers, although I probably won't be wearing them regularly.

ToddySmurf said:
They are dimpled. ‘Twas mentioned in their announcement. It is to minimize crinkle for discreetness. Plastic shell; sticky tapes.

I suppose reducing crinkle to improve discretion would be pointless if the diaper was also super-thick, but seeing the PeekABU beside a paws they sure do seem to be a lot thinner. (when dry anyway!) I wonder if they're using the same padding that the newer Tykables Overnights use? That stuff's really thin and high capacity. If you doubled that, I think you'd seen about the thickness we see in the video?

Are there pictures of the front of the diaper anywhere? I'd like to see the shell art. (just something on the tape panel I'm guessing?)

Tons of pics on the Abu site

pampers4U said:

I have been looking at those photos as well, the final image shows the textured surface but I can’t work out if that’s the inside or outside of the back sheet.

They certainly appear to have the new tape lock clear tapes which is a plus.

Completely intrigued to know if these are the same cut/shape as the ABU Premium Space/Simple/Pawz or if they are another shape/fit altogether?

pampers4U said:

oh, duh, should have opened my eyes I guess! Looks like there are three characters on the front, guessing that means the bag will have a variety in it? Or will we be able to order just one specific character per bag/case?

4 characters; A giraffe, a husky, a dragon, and a racoon. These will be totally different from the Tykables. On the website, ABU says: "PeekABU uses a new absorbency technology that allows the diaper to be 10% Lighter, 20% Thinner and Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line: LittlePawz, Space, and ABU Simple."

Tykables say: "The Overnights are thick adult diapers that are both comfortable and functional enough to wear throughout the day while still being absorbent enough for overnight use with a rating of over 5000ml capacity. "

So thin and 6250ml VS thick and 5000ml. Both sound awesome, I can't wait for both!

im a bit disapointed that it will be thinner than the simple and space, and yet will be more expensive. im a dl that will never find a thick enough diaper. maybe they will make a diaper that has alot of the gen 1 absorbent and be thick but cheeper.

dlboylife said:
im a bit disapointed that it will be thinner than the simple and space, and yet will be more expensive.

SAP is the expensive material in the manufacture of diapers, but greatly increases their capacity. If a diaper is using a good amount of SAP, the pulp isn't really adding anything to the capacity anymore, and only serves to provide structure to the padding and to wick the wetness around to where the SAP is. Adding more pulp beyond what you need to doesn't really add any benefits, it just adds to the cost. Also people looking for discreteness (when DRY anyway!) see keeping the pulp down as a benefit. So for most people, keeping pulp amount down is a plus, both in terms of cost and discreteness. If you want a very thick diaper, you could always double up or stuff? (or go with cloth?) So you can make a thinner diaper thicker... but there's really no way to make a thicker diaper thinner.

im a dl that will never find a thick enough diaper. maybe they will make a diaper that has alot of the gen 1 absorbent and be thick but cheeper.

These diapers should be enormous when wet. I'd suggest you get a sample bag, I'm betting you'll love them once they're wet.

Bambino and Confidry are two good examples of what I'd call "medium sap" diapers, they don't swell a lot but do wick really well, and are still pretty thick when dry. But both can have issues with leaking long after getting wet because of press-out when you move around in bed or when sitting. I seem to reccall AwwSoCute being low-sap thick diapers also, you might try them.

ABU also sells boosters ("power-ups"), get a bag of their smaller power-ups maybe to add a bit of bulk?

i have tried all of the bambino diapers exept the magnifico ( i think im too skinny for them) and i really like them. right now i have safari and simple diapers with crinklz on the way. for boosters i get the good night trufit liners. theres no adhisive but they swell alot. the only problem with them is they swell to the point that the leg gathers dont contact my skin anymore and leak. im happy with all my diapers but just always wish for a bit more. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back