Baby oil, diaper cream and baby powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally use Baby Powder to dry my diaper area from the moisture of wipes, and I use Aquaphor on the bottom of my legs to guard against diaper rash since that's where I tend to get it the most often. Works like a charm.

Baby Powder. Its makes you so soft and the smell is intoxicating 😊

BabyDenise said:
My understanding is that the problem is 'talc'. Therefore, just look for anything that doesn't have talc.

Also (again this is my understanding), the problem was possible cancer being caused by talc FOR WOMEN. If the talc gets into the vagina. Since your a guy, I really don't think you have a problem.

Full disclosure - I have used J&J Baby Powder all my life and have no qualms about continuing.

Thanks BabyDenise 😀 I’ve not really looked into it, I just remember reading an article about the talc and it mentioning about an issue, maybe this was it.
I have to say I’d be reluctant to stop using it also, as I just love the smell!

I use baby lotion and baby powder a lot. Using baby lotion feels realy good, in my opinion, and helps prevent rashes ive noticed.

OmiOMy said:
It's the talc, and people with ovaries should avoid powders containing talc, Just to be safe. Luckily, there are now plenty of baby powder options that are talc free. I myself like Gold Bond's baby powder. It smells a little different, but I love the feel on my skin, and it works wonders.

true that. one is corn starch. The scent in J and J products is perfume. a soothing scent. The oil is mineral oil and in the raw it doesn't have a scent. Diaper Rash creams are usually a bit of paraffin, a lot more of glycerine and the perfume and the medication. The part of how it makes adhesive tape curl up and hide in a corner softly whimpering, if you use cloth, pull-ons, snaps or velcro that cancels out most of the negative. The scent is heavenly. If you're looking for a mommy or daddy the baby oil is like a magnet to them.

I use J&J talc baby powder and Pampers fresh scent baby wipes. I don't use oil because I don't like the slimy feel of oil. I've gotten used to using J&J baby lotion and will use that from time to time. I really love J&J lavender night time baby lotion as the scent is really soothing for me. I prefer talc over cornstarch as I don't like the grainy feel of cornstarch compared to the super smooth talc powder.

I use baby powder almost every diaper change. It feels so good when I powder my butt and crotch before getting taped up. I really like the scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back