windows 10 sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiny said:
it's really quite incredible that Microsoft try to restrict you so rigidly to using their like-it-or-lump-it GUI.

I don't understand what you mean. Where and in what way does MS try to restrict you? The GUI can be altered to fit your needs in means of color and style, it's even themeable. So I don't know what you are missing?

Like many of you, I am sticking with Windows 7. I even purchased a cheap standalone license off of eBay. When Windows kept reminding me to upgrade to Win10, I found the the "upgrade" that was causing the message and deleted it.

Footiesallday said:
I don't understand what you mean. Where and in what way does MS try to restrict you? The GUI can be altered to fit your needs in means of color and style, it's even themeable. So I don't know what you are missing?

How do I make it work like Windows XP or XFCE?

It's a pain trying to customise it to get rid of the bloat and eye-candy. I don't think it's possible without third-party software. The Win 10 UI is insanely OTT with just gets in the way when you're trying to do something. It doesn't meet the needs of users (like me).

But Windows is designed for people who don't want to customise their PC and change how it works... they just want it to work. And Windows does that better than any other OS. But it's a nightmare for people who just want a simple set up that they're in control of. Horses for courses and all that.

I still run Windows XP and 7, but I mostly use GNU/Linux with the XFCE desktop environment.

Actually, Win 10 has less eye-candy than Mac OS or many many Linux desktops. It's modern and nice-looking. Maybe Windows is just not for you.

The whole tiles in the start menu idea is a change for the worse IMO.

I can't be the only one who feels this way?

I'm also not a fan of being designed to be used with touch interfaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use both an Ipad and Windows and I think it's a matter of getting used to it. I didn't like the tiles at first. I found them cluttered and confusing. That was mostly with Windows 8, but 10 gives you both. On my Ipad, it's all apps and touching, swiping, etc. I prefer to type with a real keyboard but I've learned to use the artificial keyboard on the Ipad.

As for Windows 10, it can still take time to find things in the mechanical realm, looking for where things are saved sometimes. The more you navigate it, the easier it becomes as one remembers where things are.

Microsoft is trying to merge their mobile with desktop to some point, that they cant really get either one right, so it just F's everthing up, but overall, I still like it better than the Nazi's at Apple. damn control freaks.

I honestly like Windows 10. Just have to turn off all the spying crap and it's a decent OS.

TheCaptain said:
The whole tiles in the start menu idea is a change for the worse IMO.

I can't be the only one who feels this way?

I'm also not a fan of being designed to be used with touch interfaces

I hate the tiles too. Take a look at "classic shell" if you want to do away with them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Footiesallday said:
Actually, Win 10 has less eye-candy than Mac OS or many many Linux desktops. It's modern and nice-looking. Maybe Windows is just not for you.

Yeah. I don't like "modern and nice-looking". It always means "slow, bloated, unnecessary and confusing" for me.

The GNU/Linux distro I use doesn't come with a pre-installed desktop (GUI). You can stick with a (text only) bash shell, or install whichever window manager and/or desktop environment you like. XFCE is super-fast and does everything you'd ever need from a desktop manager. :)

https://xfce.org/

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
As for Windows 10, it can still take time to find things in the mechanical realm, looking for where things are saved sometimes. The more you navigate it, the easier it becomes as one remembers where things are.

A lot of those default file locations can be changed via the registry if necessary. Or you can set up links/junction points to make directories "appear to be" in different locations.

Technologic said:
I hate the tiles too. Take a look at "classic shell" if you want to do away with them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I like what classic shell does and I've heard it actually can give you some cool customizability options.

However, I already don't trust the stability of Windows 10 and I like maximizing RAM/CPU usage, so I really don't like having programs perpetually running in the background if I don't need to

I like Windows 10 better than Windows 8 but I love Windows 7.

12srepaid said:
I like Windows 10 better than Windows 8 but I love Windows 7.

:iagree:

But XP will always hold a special place in my heart. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back