What happened to slomo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Other
Just wondering if anyone knows why slomo got banned? he seemed to be a good contributor to various threads, yes a little blunt at times, but I never seen him create any problems that would merit a ban.

I've been wondering the same thing. I keep looking around in threads I see his past posts in for some evidence of what he presumably did, but I can't seem to find any.

Banned for talking about money and wiener-sucking? Nah. He was banned because he was an Al-Qaeda operative trying to recruit diaper-bombers, obviously. :rollseyes:

(Threads about people getting banned usually have very short lifespans, FWIW.)

I actually had him blocked for a while thinking he was a bit of a negative Troll but I did read some of his posts that make me wonder if he wasn’t a decent guy just in a bit of pain and concern over some health issues.

He was banned for insensitive comments, the comment in question was deleted by the moderators.

LittleJess said:
He was banned for insensitive comments, the comment in question was deleted by the moderators.

That's what I assumed. I vaguely remember a handful of obnoxious posts being (thankfully) deleted very swiftly by the mods several weeks ago (was that him?). I think he'd had a few warnings.

:dunno:

Argent said:
I actually had him blocked for a while thinking he was a bit of a negative Troll but I did read some of his posts that make me wonder if he wasn’t a decent guy just in a bit of pain and concern over some health issues.

Yup, I think you've nailed it.

The forum is giving some people enormous amounts of slack, but Slomo none, and he's the one we really should be supporting at the moment., with his impossible decision to make about his ongoing health issues.

There are two kinds of banned's: One is permanent and one is temporary. His ban on his page does not say permanent so this might just be a temporary punishment. A one game suspension or a little time in the penalty box, if you're a sports fan. Like tiny said he did make some insensitive comments that have been removed. That's my guess.

Scaramouche said:
There are two kinds of banned's: One is permanent and one is temporary. His ban on his page does not say permanent so this might just be a temporary punishment. A one game suspension or a little time in the penalty box, if you're a sports fan. Like tiny said he did make some insensitive comments that have been removed. That's my guess.
When you click on slomo you can see every post slomo has done Its kinda like a log of all of your posts Only ones it does not keep is the PM's I may be wrong though I looked at mine and each one I have done is there.

xpluswearer said:
When you click on slomo you can see every post slomo has done Its kinda like a log of all of your posts Only ones it does not keep is the PM's I may be wrong though I looked at mine and each one I have done is there.

No, the mods can and will delete or edit posts that are against the rules or are inflammatory. Those deleted ones you will not see. Any links to them will give you a link not found message.

Look on the bright side: no more posts, for the time being at least, about his definition of ''fetish'' and how ab/dl is not one, apparently from his own personal dictionary that no one else owns.

Rule-breaking posts are usually deleted, so guessing at which post merited the ban is futile. It's gone, visible only to staff.

We don't permit discussions on bans, and we generally don't comment on them. Temporary bans are rarely handed out for a single offense, but rather for repeat rule violations without any change in behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back