Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well I've been sleeping with a pacifier for about two months straight and I've noticed that my Teeth are hurting sometimes in the morning. I don't suck on it at night. I just have it in my mouth. I use a Nuk pacifier for 12 to 36 months old babies/toddlers.

Could my dentist notice something if I continue? I don't want him to ask questions...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

I don't know about your dentist noticing, unless your teeth have noticeably shifted in 2 months which I doubt, but you're definitely using way too small of a pacifier as I'm sure others will mention.

I suggest sleeping without a paci for a day or two to see if your jaw stops hurting and get an adult sized one. They're really not too expensive or hard to get a hold of if you can order things online.

My personal favorite is the LittleForBig Bigshield Generation 2. Can be bought on Amazon.

Okay thanks. I really need to buy one, along with some AB diapers but I'm too embarassed to go through with it, even if I'm out to my mother about the DL thing

Drynites96 said:
Okay thanks. I really need to buy one, along with some AB diapers but I'm too embarassed to go through with it, even if I'm out to my mother about the DL thing

I recently took the plunge and bought myself some real adult diapers (Abena M4s). I was nervous as heck beforehand, but it went smoothly, and I'm not worried about it for the future. Don't think about it, just do it.

Drynites96 said:
Well I've been sleeping with a pacifier for about two months straight and I've noticed that my Teeth are hurting sometimes in the morning. I don't suck on it at night. I just have it in my mouth. I use a Nuk pacifier for 12 to 36 months old babies/toddlers.

Could my dentist notice something if I continue? I don't want him to ask questions...

ive been using pacis of all sizes and types on & off for forty odd years and once I had one of my all time fave types (which is now discontinued sadly) in my mouth almost 24/7 for a whole year except when I went out to do the shopping..... what a baby! Sometimes your teeth hurt & sometimes they don't, it all depends on what your mouth is doing during the night which I doubt you know? Your dentist will never know, but if he asks you if you use a paci just tell him/her that you are a chronic tongue and gum biter and you use a paci to prevent that. "Look Doc... no bite scars anymore." He or she will try and sell you a very expensive mouth guard to prevent that but "I can't afford one" would be my answer. Pacis are essential equipment for us littlies so try as many different sizes and types that you can until you find the best one for you. I have thrown out dozens of pacis after a few minutes in my mouth because they didn't work for me and my significant overbite and an uncomfortable paci just sucks.

Actually I used to have the same problem! And it changes when I get big adult size paci... My favorite would be NUK 5.. whether the real latex one or the littleforbig silicone copy ones. And actually I try mega paci from Germany and wow it does feel your mouth and make your tongue stiff!

twinky said:
ive been using pacis of all sizes and types on & off for forty odd years and once I had one of my all time fave types (which is now discontinued sadly) in my mouth almost 24/7 for a whole year except when I went out to do the shopping..... what a baby! Sometimes your teeth hurt & sometimes they don't, it all depends on what your mouth is doing during the night which I doubt you know? Your dentist will never know, but if he asks you if you use a paci just tell him/her that you are a chronic tongue and gum biter and you use a paci to prevent that. "Look Doc... no bite scars anymore." He or she will try and sell you a very expensive mouth guard to prevent that but "I can't afford one" would be my answer. Pacis are essential equipment for us littlies so try as many different sizes and types that you can until you find the best one for you. I have thrown out dozens of pacis after a few minutes in my mouth because they didn't work for me and my significant overbite and an uncomfortable paci just sucks.

Okay but like I said, my dentist knows me pretty well and I guess it would seem weird to him. (BTW I told my best friend, who's his Son about my DL side...) The pacifiers that I use are pretty comfortable for me. The plate may be a bit too small but it's okay for me. I dunno if I would get the same feeling with a Adult Pacifier...

Drynites96 said:

Buy some adult sized paci. It fits better and is easier to use it for asleep. But indifferent if is or not adult sized, it'd make to paci abusers some teeth gap. In this way you can perfectly identify some paci (ab)user in public (two times it gave result.)

I used a nuk3(12 to 36 months) for over a year, switched to Nuk5 from https://www.adultpacifier.com/ few weeks ago. I'd say it's better, but took a few days to get use to.

teeth don't hurt anymore, they would randomly hurt for a few days every few weeks or months when I had been suckling in my sleep with the Nuk3. Normally I just had it in my mouth when i slept, but sometimes I'd have a dream or half wake up suckling. paci's never really fall out of my mouth when asleep, and when it does it normally wakes me up. As far as them noticing, I doubt they would know the cause by looking at it, bc they would never even think to consider it. and it's not like there is anything for them to compare it to :p

LilByte said:
...paci's never really fall out of my mouth when asleep, and when it does it normally wakes me up.

It comforts me and reinforces my 'little' identity to know that I'm so used to having a pacifier in my mouth I wake up if it falls out and need to take one with me when I travel.

I suggest getting an adult pacci from abdlmaketplace or onesies down under.

Try the adult sizes. For some people they work for others they don't. If it hurts I wouldn't recommend it.

I've had braces 3 times and even with adult pacifiers my teeth hurt. My mouth is really sensitive to pressure so I use sippy cups instead of bottles. I'm hoping without the bottles my mouth will be able to handle the pacifiers as long as I wear retainers during use.

Sometimes you will have to try several different pacis before you find one that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back