Diaper mod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I've been thinking about warming parents choice new stage 7 diapers in the dryer to gently stretch them just a little. They are close to fitting me out of the box.

I regularly wear goodnights without complaint, low rider though.

Anyone mod diapers this way?
I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't 'warm' any disposable diapers in a dryer. I may be tempted to run a dryer in the 'no heat' mode to help fluff up a diaper but I wouldn't use heat.

Note: I never tried this and since I don't have a dryer, probably never will.

I would agree with BabyDenise. Especially if the diapers are plastic backed. Could be a melted mess. Maybe a fire. I dunno.

Maybe the low heat/delicate option, or even just use a hair dryer?

Some of these thermal plastics actually shrink in high heat. Probably a bad idea...

And also the whole "FIREY GLOBS OF MELTY NAPPY!" thing...

you might try stretching them over something less burny, like a watermellon, then heating them with a hair dryer?

Foxroxsox said:
Some of these thermal plastics actually shrink in high heat. Probably a bad idea...

You can only have them in the dryer an incredibly short period of time before they fall apart. Not sure if that's just due to the tumbling, or the heat, or both. (probably both) 10-20 seconds.

LittleD said:
I've been thinking about warming parents choice new stage 7 diapers in the dryer to gently stretch them just a little. They are close to fitting me out of the box.

I regularly wear goodnights without complaint, low rider though.

Anyone mod diapers this way?
I'm open to suggestions.

I've used a flat iron to overstretch the tabs on Huggies diapers before. It immediately destroys the elastic wings on Pampers and Luvs. The wings on the Parent's Choice diapers are unique, though, in that the Velcro on the tabs adheres very well to the elastic, and the elastic is strong enough to put up with this. So here's what I like to do with the Parent's Choice diapers:

1) With the first diaper in the package, or else with the last diaper you used: Tear the elastic wings+tabs off the back of the diaper and set them aside.
2) Get a new diaper and lay yourself down on it.
3) Pull the front of the diaper up between your legs.
4) Take the torn-off wings from the previous diaper and apply them to the taping panel on the front of the new diaper.
5) On each side, pull the front and back wings together and fasten them.
6) Have diaper-fun!

A more-obvious approach is to apply the old torn-off wings first to the new wings instead of to the taping panel, and that does work, however the Velcro holds much better (I've found) if it has your skin to pull against. If you immediately attach the old wings to the new ones, you may find that they occasionally detach from each other as you're pulling them forward to the taping panel. If you treat the old wings as taping panel extensions instead of extensions for the back tabs, however, you should find that they hold amazingly well. Works for me, anyway!

Alas that this doesn't work well for Pampers and Luvs diapers. The elastic wings on those diapers are essentially a very thin rubber membrane with a cloth-like covering on both sides. The Velcro will adhere to this covering--for a very short while. Almost immediately, however, the covering will detach and pull away. And your diaper will fall down. And you'll cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back