Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Just had to put this out there. But.... WOO HOO I just got an $8.1K bonus AND $5K raise this year!

So THAT's why I've been working for our Stellar clients so much lately. That and their F***ING Revit modeling! (fyi, they and their military jobs are all a**hole bit**es who can go such my d**k). The money may be great, but it's really only worth it once a year. The rest is just stress and overtime while fitting in several major surgeries.

Slomo said:
Just had to put this out there. But.... WOO HOO I just got an $8.1K bonus AND $5K raise this year!

So THAT's why I've been working for our Stellar clients so much lately. That and their F***ING Revit modeling! (fyi, they and their military jobs are all a**hole bit**es who can go such my d**k). The money may be great, but it's really only worth it once a year. The rest is just stress and overtime while fitting in several major surgeries.

Wow, that's one hell of a bonus! As a church musician, bonuses are sort of unheard of, except that my choir always does something for me at our Christmas social which was tonight, right after our dress rehearsal for our Christmas cantata this Sunday. They were very generous which surprised me. They have been a spiritual anchor for me since the death of my wife. I also think they appreciate that I carry on, not missing Sundays or rehearsals except for the two weeks I was told to take off after my wife's death.

Television churches and churches which make the TV news give the rest of us a bad impression of churches, but most of them are people trying to do the right thing and make a positive difference in peoples' lives.

Congrats on your bonus. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone got a bonus at Christmas time.

When I managed my beer store I would get a Christmas bonus every year and a performance bonuse at the end of each year. It always felt very validating! Would be nice if they just paid me more throughout the year, but I was one of the few people to receive bonuses so I was happy about that. Pretty much my Christmas bonus paid for all of my Christmas presents every year. As you can imagine it is very sorely missed this year LOL

Congrats on the bonus, Slomo!
I can commiserate with you about grinding your life away for those who frankly don't give a flying *BLEEP*...
At the height of professional career, I handed my employer not one, but two multi-million dollar accounts. (one with the U.S. military, and the other with a huge commercial business specializing in civilian communications).
And my boss threw both of them away due to his myopic, micro-managing-self-defeating mannerisms and paranoia.
It was shortly after this, that my own mental health finally blew a major fuse, and then my house of cards tumbled.

Bad on me for not abandoning that asshole years prior to this fiasco.

I don't blame him for being an asshole. That's simply what he is.

I blame myself for putting up with him for as long as I did, and sacrificing so many years of this life to make him $$$.

Lesson learned.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back