BetterDry Diapers: A Mini Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am so grateful that Adam chose to include BetterDry diapers at NorthShore. I never would have had the chance to try the diaper so many Europeans on here talk about in such glowing terms.

My favorite diaper has been the NorthShore Supreme, and it remains my favorite. But the assertion by NorthShore that the BetterDry diapers don't wick well didn't hold true for me. I wore one today and it swelled like crazy up front, true, but the wetness did wick backward too. Maybe not quite as well as the NorthShore, but still . . .

The BetterDry also hold a LOT more than the NorthShore, making it great for longer wearing, but they're also bulky and squishy.

For most cases, the NS are still my go-to, but the BD are a serious diaper for serious overnight use.

-RMS

Can’t wait to get my samples! But I will be surprised if I like them better than NorthShore Supremes. We’ll see [emoji854]

Awww snap. I have a sample of both BetterDry and NorthShore Supreme. This only heighten my interest even more. I tend to save major diaper wearing for the weekend as my morning routine (Get up Rush out of the door) does not allow time to take care of my self in the way I want to over the week. Hurry up Friday.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I should ask for some BetterDry samples then. I like the Supremes but it would be interesting to try the diaper that Slomo raves about. :)

PaddedDeist said:
I should ask for some BetterDry samples then. I like the Supremes but it would be interesting to try the diaper that Slomo raves about. :)
Love your profile picture.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Better dry diapers are great (my main daily diaper) I would like to try the northshore brand but shipping to Canada is just way to expensive.

Got my samples; tried my 1st BetterDry... this IS an amazing diaper! Definitely ordering a case.

I figured I would add my 2 cents...I agree with all the previous posts! This is a great addition and will likely become a regular item in my diaper arsenal.

For me, the first two things to really stand out after taping my first one on, was the insanely tall leak guards (must be close to two inches!) and the extremely smooth plastic shell. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I wore any diaper with plastic this smooth. The Betterdry also has an very good capacity and is high in SAP, which I love. This means little to no clumping. I only wore it for four hours, but it’s limits were tested due to the fact that I was drinking beer. I even flooded it once while sitting....no leaks.

I actually like BetterDry better than NorthShore for two reasons: first, the BD holds more urine, which means I can go longer without worrying about leaking. Second, I feel dryer in the BD diaper. While the NS does a fantastic job of wicking the liquid and spreading it throughout the diaper, I find that, after awhile, the diaper just feels a bit clammy against my skin: nothing too serious, or I wouldn't keep buying them, but enough so that BD, which keeps me perfectly dry, gets the nod.

One thing I do like better about NS: the sizing. BD's medium fits well (albeit at the top end of its ability) around my waist but I can barely close it around my thighs (which are not that huge). I have to seriously stretch the leg material every time in order to get it to fit, which works. The large is way too big; I swim in it and it leaks. This brand desperately needs an intermediary size. NS already has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back