Huge size baby diapers size 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLdiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
These are huge size 7 Diapers. Tried them and they are the biggest I have ever found anywhere in the world! Love the cute packaging as well. A nice find for my collection. I collect vintage and modern baby diapers in extra large sizes. Definitely worth the price in my opinion. I know how expensive shipping diapers from other countries to USA can get. Hard to find these too. I dont see them for sale anywhere else in the USA.

happiesxxl said:
These are huge size 7 Diapers. Tried them and they are the biggest I have ever found anywhere in the world! Love the cute packaging as well. A nice find for my collection. I collect vintage and modern baby diapers in extra large sizes. Definitely worth the price in my opinion. I know how expensive shipping diapers from other countries to USA can get. Hard to find these too. I dont see them for sale anywhere else in the USA.
Can you stretch one out completely flat and measure the length, crotch width, taping panel width, etc.? "Size 7" has proved mythical so far. It would be great to know that it actually exists somewhere. :)

Last edited:
I have the old ones and they aren't "HUGE" but they are longer than the size 7's pampers I have. The funny thing is, there apparently is a size 8 in that same brand, but good luck finding it. I've never seen it in so I am assuming it was never made or it was a limited time.

It would be so AWESOME if someone had a photo of the size 8 package, if there was one. The boy on the size 7 package looks like he's 4 or 5 years old.

kratox said:
I have the old ones and they aren't "HUGE" but they are longer than the size 7's pampers I have. The funny thing is, there apparently is a size 8 in that same brand, but good luck finding it. I've never seen it in so I am assuming it was never made or it was a limited time.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with "never made." In this day and age, if it's not findable with Google, it's probably not a thing. The only clear references to Darlings size 8 diapers that Google finds me are from ADISC. :)

To happiesxxl: C'mon, dude, grab a ruler! Measurements or it ain't so! :) (Seriously, though, it should be a capital offense to make threads about diaper sizes without including real measurements. We all (mostly) know that the size numbers on the packages are arbitrary and relative at best.)

There is a reference to the size 8 on the packing of the product itself. Like many diaper packages, they list the different sizes and weight ranges on the side of the product. Size 8 is definitely listed on the product.

With that said, they may have intended to make the size 8, and then never got around to doing so. Or they may have only made a limited amount and nobody that ever bought them posted images or information online about them. It is a small company in Kuwait and I don't know of a large abdl community in that area. I'm still hoping that they eventually become available and I check their website fairly regularly. http://mtcxpress.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_88_96

patrick1776 said:
There is a reference to the size 8 on the packing of the product itself. Like many diaper packages, they list the different sizes and weight ranges on the side of the product. Size 8 is definitely listed on the product.

With that said, they may have intended to make the size 8, and then never got around to doing so. Or they may have only made a limited amount and nobody that ever bought them posted images or information online about them. It is a small company in Kuwait and I don't know of a large abdl community in that area. I'm still hoping that they eventually become available and I check their website fairly regularly. http://mtcxpress.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_88_96

That's where I remember the Size 8 reference too, from the package photo. Not from anywhere else.

Cottontail said:
Can you stretch one out completely flat and measure the length, crotch width, taping panel width, etc.? "Size 7" has proved mythical so far. It would be great to know that it actually exists somewhere. :)

In another thread you mentioned that Luvs 6 were large and had the most stretch and everything...honestly, I've tried out a variety of 6/7 diapers lately and you're right. The only thing I've honestly found comparable for fit and function are the Italian Pampers (I got a box of those recently, really like them). But honestly, the Luvs are like 7 dollars a bag or something at Wal-Mart, and the actual box is probably not that much either. But yeah, great recommendation. I'm sold on them. Big fan.

mtdl88 said:
In another thread you mentioned that Luvs 6 were large and had the most stretch and everything...honestly, I've tried out a variety of 6/7 diapers lately and you're right. The only thing I've honestly found comparable for fit and function are the Italian Pampers (I got a box of those recently, really like them). But honestly, the Luvs are like 7 dollars a bag or something at Wal-Mart, and the actual box is probably not that much either. But yeah, great recommendation. I'm sold on them. Big fan.

Funny thing is that Cottontail's post also got me to buy Luvs too lol. I'm currently sitting on my first diaper so I can't say much at the moment. But for the price you can't go wrong. Just wished that the design was cuter. I'm loving the absorbenscy so far! :)

Uggu said:
Funny thing is that Cottontail's post also got me to buy Luvs too lol. I'm currently sitting on my first diaper so I can't say much at the moment. But for the price you can't go wrong. Just wished that the design was cuter. I'm loving the absorbenscy so far! :)

Yeah. They've had the same design on them since before this "redesign" and I agree it's kind of lame, but I guess beggars can't be choosers...I'm sure it'll be updated at some point...I tried these a while back and they were OK, but now, they're really pretty great. The absorbency is as advertised, and they're pretty huge.

Granted, I'm 5'11 and 120-125 lbs roughly, so I have the physique of an Indian Mystic, but honestly, I've been using them since about 1 this afternoon and I've got to say, so far, I'm impressed. I'm eager to see how they hold up in bed.

I will get the measurements and more pictures of these diapers sometime this week. MTC did make a size 8, however it was discontinued around 2009. It was not a big seller. The owner of the company told me that they no longer have the mould to make the size 8 and that there is no need for them as they have an adult diaper lineup. I have talked to the company numerous times requesting the size 8 be made again but still, even recently, they are saying that they do not have any plans on manufacturing the size 8. Shame really, as I would love to get some of them.

The size 7 is Huge. Of course I will take more pictures and post more images if anyone is interested in them. I have samples as well as packages of them available if anyone is curious to try them out. I love them personally, I think they are great.

In my opinion the boy on the packaging looks about 9 or 10 years old. The size on the packaging being rated at 24-36kg child is said by the manufacturer to fit 6-12 year old children. Attached are 2 images, one of the Darlings size 7 being compared in size to the USA size 6 Luvs diapers. As you can see the Darlings are much larger in size.

DSCN9699.JPG
DSCN9691.JPG

Darn, I wish there was a photo of the size 8 and its package, even if they were discontinued. :(

happiesxxl said:
As you can see the Darlings are much larger in size:
View attachment 30175

Grumble, grumble, grumble. :)

Happiesxxl, this image offers a great opportunity to point out the reason why one must always stretch these diapers out and measure them before discussing size. If you wouldn't mind doing that, that would be great. These kinds of images are just terribly misleading. Usually they contain some P&G diaper all shriveled up under its own elastic tension, and another diaper that's plainly rather non-stretchy and so appears to be larger. Now, I'm not saying that the Darlings 7 diaper isn't larger than the Luvs 6, rather simply that this images makes the difference appear dramatic when, in actuality, it may be rather minimal--almost insignificant.

To illustrate this point, I grabbed a fresh Luvs 6 diaper out of my stash and measured it's length when folded as you have it above. It was 9.5 inches. The length of the same diaper, unfolded and stretched out, is 22 inches. Working backwards from there, if the diaper wasn't all shriveled up like it obviously is, but was still folded in half, the length of the folded diaper would be about 11 inches, roughly 15% longer than pictured. I've tweaked your image to include the stretch-adjusted length of the Luvs 6 diaper:

AdjustedImage.jpg

Assuming that your at-rest, folded Luvs 6 diaper is about 9.5 inches long, then the red line I've added is 11 inches--the actual half-length of the diaper. Assuming that the Darlings 7 diaper doesn't stretch lengthwise by very much--it doesn't appear that it would--then my adjusted image offers a much more realistic comparison of the two diapers. I.e., they're extremely similar in size. Keep in mind, too, that the Luvs diaper, when stretched flat, is rectangular like the Darlings diaper appears to be. The reason it's narrower at the bottom is, again, all of the elastic. So what appears to be a narrower crotch may in fact be similar or identical. It would need to be measured. I can tell you that the crotch width of Luvs 6, when stretched flat, is 9 inches from material edge to material edge.

In short: Please always measure these things, ideally with the diapers stretched out flat so that elastics don't confuse things. These sorts of comparison images just plain don't work.

Last edited:
Going to try a Pampers size 7 under my normal adult diaper purely for comfort.
I wish pampers made adult diapers

Cottontail said:
To illustrate this point, I grabbed a fresh Luvs 6 diaper out of my stash and measured it's length when folded as you have it above. It was 9.5 inches. The length of the same diaper, unfolded and stretched out, is 22 inches.

Yeah you might need to have them laying flat and open to compare, due to the leg elastic and leak guards pulling them in a bit.

bambinod said:
Yeah you might need to have them laying flat and open to compare, due to the leg elastic and leak guards pulling them in a bit.
My point exactly. For the baby diaper size table I did ages ago--and which begs to be redone, as it's now massively out of date!--I stretched them out flat on a tabletop and taped them down with packing tape. Elastic shape and quantity vary so much from one diaper to the next, you learn little more from pulling two different kinds of diapers straight out of their packages and laying them next to each other. D'oh!

here are some pictures of the diaper stretched out.

measures 23.5 inches long

front panel is 11 inches

absorbent pad is 4 3/8 inches across and 18 1/2 inches long

back panel is 10 3/8 inches

has stretchy side panels

DSCN9733.jpg

DSCN9734.jpg

DSCN9735.jpg

DSCN9736.jpg

DSCN9739.jpg

DSCN9741.jpg

DSCN9742.jpg

DSCN9744.jpg

happiesxxl said:
(images and measurements)
Awesome! Thanks for doing this. So...23.5 inches... That's 1.5 inches beyond the Luvs, and right around Goodnites L/XL, lengthwise. Cool! Definitely a solid notch up from Pampers/Luvs 6/7. Anecdotally: Any comments on the elastic wings? Pampers/Luvs/Goodnites caliber, or...?

Would love to try some but to me a couple of centimeters in lenght is not worth the money and time. I would just buy cases of abuniverse diapers or vintage Pampers with that money :p

What I find odd is how baby diapers seem to have evolved back into rectangular (instead of hourglass) shapes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back