Cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just placed an order for some cloth prefold diapers and some plastic pants. It is something I have been thinking of doing for some time. I am having a hard time believing how excited I am to get my package. Sort of like the first time I ordered premium diapers online.
I was diapered in cloth as a baby. But really love plastic backed diapers. Probably because that is what I first tried as an adult.
Lately I have been mostly wearing in the evenings after my shower and to bed. I'm really hoping I enjoy them as much as I anticipate.

Good for you. I also wear cloth prefolds myself. The first thing to do is run them through 2 wash and dry cycles.
That will remove some of the natural oils from the cotton and increase absorbsency. You will notice the matl will
quilt up if they're made from twill. I also recommend using Arm&Hammer with Oxi Clean to launder them.

I think you will. Be sure to wash and dry the cloth before use. And don't be surprised that they shrink a lot.

So glad to read that you're trying cloth. I'd be interested in your experience as I'm thinking about it too
Where did you find the pre-fold diapers? I can understand your excitement. (Only a DL could)

I made an order with adultclothdiaper. Ordered the night weight gauze. I do want to try the twill though.
They will arrive Thursday so I can wash and dry them Thursday night and Friday night. Also I was thinking of getting some plain detergent and not use the tide packs that I have been using.
It's like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.

I love cloth. It's cushy soft and just feels so nice and luxurious. I wash mine in Dreft detergent because it is made for diaper messes and makes them smell nice. I know that seems like a weird thing but there's just something nice about a fresh smelling diaper.

I wear cloth contours during the day and triple boosted super heavyweight nite prefolds to bed.
I only wear disposables when going out or traveling .
I too was raised in cloth , I was the youngest of three so they were well broken in when I got them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've been wearing cloth diapers, and plastic pants for nearly 25 years. They are not the best in social situations, but definitely the best when at home, and absolutely the best for bedtime. I double diaper with overnight weight prefolds at bedtime and never leak, and I am a very heavy wetter. The best part is they work for for a front sleeper, back sleeper, and side sleeper. Just be sure to tuck everything into the plastic pants, as cloth diapers wick extremely well. If you leave a bit exposed along the back waistband, you will end up with a damp spot in the bed. The biggest issue you will face is finding the best folding method that works for you. I use one method for daytime and a different method for bedtime. Be sure to share your experience after you get to use them!

I was wondering about the folding. The only experience I have with cloth diapers is from 30 years ago. We used cloth for my daughter.
Of you guys don't mind, please share your preferred folds

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I was wondering about the folding. The only experience I have with cloth diapers is from 30 years ago. We used cloth for my daughter.
Of you guys don't mind, please share your preferred folds

I like the Angel Wing Fold (click for full size):

angel_fold.jpg

To adjust the length/rise of the diaper, simply fold the front or the back edge in a bit before doing anything else. When I need to do that, I do it in back. Otherwise I end up with too much of a diaper bulge (for me) in front. Also, don't be surprised if you have to fan the front of the diaper out a little in order to fasten it.

As for fastening, I prefer good, old-fashioned diaper pins.

Don't forget to join the cloth diaper group!

Last edited:
I angel fold also , it's kinda hard to do it wrong and because when I bought my diapers my right arm was paralyzed I use Velcro ( my arm was paralyzed for 5 years so it's weak and contracted now , pins would be a nightmare, unless I relied on my aide to change me )

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I like the bikini twist fold. 1. Take a 36 x 36 cloth diaper and fold it in half. 2. Lay on top of it, with the top at the waist line. 3. Take the bottom part, twist it 180 degrees and pull it up between your legs. 4. Pin on each side with your favorite fastener. I use regular diaper pins. 5. Add plastic pants, either pull-on or snap-on whichever you like.

Works great for daytime for me. At night I either double up or add a prefold diaper as a stuffer.

Just put my new diapers in the wash. I was shocked at how big they are, but it sounds like they shrink a bit. Also I am trying Dreft. I kinda like the idea of a bit of a baby sent, although i am not AB.

I want to run them through at least two washes, so i likely wont be wearing one tonight.

Dreft leaves diapers so soft, and the smell is so amazing. It puts me in the space right away. And it gets things so clean. ��

OmiOMy said:
Dreft leaves diapers so soft, and the smell is so amazing. It puts me in the space right away. And it gets things so clean. ��

I've got to admit, I really like the smell it leaves behind too. That alone makes me want to wet myself. Oh wait, too late.

I didn't know there was a name for it, but I used the newspaper fold for my daughter's diapers. If I recall correctly we would fold down the back before the newspaper fold, or the front after. To get the correct length. I think the back makes more sense.

i use diapers from babypants best bang for the buck i have found, i use prefolds and just draw the middle of the diaper in to make the diaper have wings one ach side. and pin it on

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I made an order with adultclothdiaper. Ordered the night weight gauze. I do want to try the twill though.
They will arrive Thursday so I can wash and dry them Thursday night and Friday night. Also I was thinking of getting some plain detergent and not use the tide packs that I have been using.
It's like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.

So I'm ready to dive in. Contours or flat? Birdseye or gauze?http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/Adult-Cloth-Diapers/

Ok I couldn't wait. I had to run the wash and dry two times to prep the diapers. although not as easy as i anticipated. I was able to pin one on, and get my new plastic pants on. I must say these feel very nice. I also like the extra bulk between the legs. I'm looking forward to see how they feel as i am using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back