Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Last week I needed to get some Pull-Ups at Walmart. I was a bit disappointed to see the designs on the boys' changing from Cars 3 and The Lion Guard to Cars 3 and Mickey Mouse, but moved a couple packages and found the old prints behind them.

I opened up the pack last night and got a Cars one, but when I pulled out a Cars one again tonight, I examined the contents more closely.

They're all Cars - the two designs that were on them when they did the exclusively Cars 3 packs earlier this year. No Lion Guard, as the outside of the package indicates.

I'm not likely to do it, but I wonder if I called and complained they'd send me a coupon for a free pack...

No because, no 3 or 4 year old kid would realize the difference nor would most parents, if you had gotten two completely different characters (ie Cars and Lion Guard) or a mix of boys and girls then that would be different. Even then only if it was the later would they likely do anything.

This has happened to me many times. I think that the manufacturers switch the packing later than the products so the first batch of the new prints still have the old packaging. I collect vintage goodnites and I can't tell you how many times I was excited to find an old package of vintage prints in the store or on ebay only to open the bag and have it be the newer print.

yeah it's a matter of the shell and the bag coming from different manufacturing lines and material sources. They don't pay any serious attention to the prints, because the whole plant is probably making one design at a time. And when it's time to switch the art up, the rolls of materials they get coming in the dock change, but they don't necessarily have the same amount of materials still on-hand for the shell and the bag. So at some point, for awhile, there's going to be a mismatch. They're not just going to throw away the surplus old print of bags or shell when they run out of the other.

It'd be interesting to see some statistics on how many diapers a child goes through before being potty trained. More interesting would be to see that broken down by size, maybe in four categories: infant, crawler, toddler, and child. Somehow I don't think a pack or two of "mismatched" diapers even makes a blip in the numbers.

Trying some totally back-of-the-napkin numbers, if a kid through age 2 uses 8 diapers/day, that's about 3,000 diapers. If between 2-4 you can bring that average down to 3, that's another 700 diapers. 3,700 diapers, one bag of 20 being off, that's less than 1%. I doubt anyone cares much. Even if you just look at the last year of pullups, and two bags, it's still a pretty small percentage that most kids would forget inside an hour.

I don’t agree with the other responses.

The product isn’t as advertised, I think you have grounds to complain and expect them to fix the issue.

Can I suggest though you take a photo now of the nearly full pack with the graphics of the pull ups showing and the serial number of the pack.

Be friendly but firm on the phone call or email you send. Don’t get into fine details just state these are unfortunately not what was advertised and the pack is opened so too late to return them.

If the customer service person asks for personal details just tell them straight you are not discussing your family you are discussing their products. If they then pull some silly line like “the products work though” always be firm but polite and tell them if they won’t fix the issue you will take it to social media, use broad analogies like you wouldn’t accept buying a new blue car where the inside door trim was painted red due to a manufacturing error.

Argent said:
I don’t agree with the other responses.

The product isn’t as advertised, I think you have grounds to complain and expect them to fix the issue.

Can I suggest though you take a photo now of the nearly full pack with the graphics of the pull ups showing and the serial number of the pack.

Be friendly but firm on the phone call or email you send. Don’t get into fine details just state these are unfortunately not what was advertised and the pack is opened so too late to return them.

If the customer service person asks for personal details just tell them straight you are not discussing your family you are discussing their products. If they then pull some silly line like “the products work though” always be firm but polite and tell them if they won’t fix the issue you will take it to social media, use broad analogies like you wouldn’t accept buying a new blue car where the inside door trim was painted red due to a manufacturing error.

It's really not that big of a deal for me. A little annoying, but I don't like confrontation enough to make a fuss over $8.97.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
It's really not that big of a deal for me. A little annoying, but I don't like confrontation enough to make a fuss over $8.97.

I hate confrontation too but can’t stand stuff that doesn’t work or not as advertised and the laziness from the people involved in the manufacturing and distribution.

If you are ok with your spend and were posting since it’s an oddity or just to vent the annoyance of it then high 5.

If you deep down aren’t happy with your purchase then just know you have my moral support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back