Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi all,

Can someone please measure the width of the front and rear panels/wings of an Betterdry Large diaper for me? I'd like to compare the dimensions to the Abena XLs I wear.

Thanks!

Both the front and back side panels have a width of 30". The length from front to back waistband it is about 37" (very lightly stretched flat). For someone with a 38" waist, I can say the larges fit me almost perfectly, but with ample overlap on the sides.

In comparison, the Abena L4's were just a little on the tight side for me.

I was hoping you'd respond :) You should go into marketing for BetterDry, Slomo! Thanks!

ozziebee said:
I was hoping you'd respond :) You should go into marketing for BetterDry, Slomo! Thanks!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's noticed :) :)

What can I say. If you guys had to deal with constant leaks and inferior diapers for decades on end, then well you too would be thrilled to finally find a diaper that actually works.

Slomo said:
What can I say. If you guys had to deal with constant leaks and inferior diapers for decades on end, then well you too would be thrilled to finally find a diaper that actually works.

Good for you Slomo, I’ve found my perfect nappy too, but it’s cloth. I’m saving the planet [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyh said:
Good for you Slomo, I’ve found my perfect nappy too, but it’s cloth. I’m saving the planet [emoji3]

Don't fool yourself too much. Cotton strips the earth and requires boat loads of nutrients to be imported then trucked in, not to mention all that water to grow it. Then the bleaching and manfacturing of cloth diapers is no better than disposables. And lastly, the tons of detergents and water used to launder them cause problems of their own.

Conversely, plastic diapers come from oil in the ground, and nearly all diapers end up back in the ground once used. They create tons of waste, but very little pollution. On top of that, the carbon from the oil/plastic used to make them gets sequestered back in the ground so in a way they are actually improving our environment.

Don't get me wrong though, plastic is not environmentally friendy. Just don't fool yourself into thinking cloth is. If your only reason to go with cloth is for the environment, then you need to look at it again.

My turn on the soap box!

If you really think when I said "I'm saving the planet" I meant it. God your so wrong. lol The planet's already done. It's purely a cost thing full stop. it's cheaper to use cloth, fact. :)

Tonyh said:
My turn on the soap box!

If you really think when I said "I'm saving the planet" I meant it. God your so wrong. lol The planet's already done. It's purely a cost thing full stop. it's cheaper to use cloth, fact. :)

Nobody ever truly means they are "saving the planet". Even if were were to turn the environment into a toxic wasteland where no human can live, the planet will still keep going along without us.

Though yes, it absolutely is cheaper to use cloth. More of a royal pain in the ass with laundering and care too.

Slomo said:
More of a royal pain in the ass with laundering and care too.

Not from everyone's point of view.

Slomo said:

Trust me I know how you feel and I have first hand had to deal with constant leaks and inferior nappies for decades. I've been a bed wetter all my life trust me I know. I have never once leaked in cloth. :) :)

Tonyh said:
Not from everyone's point of view.

Trust me I know how you feel and I have first hand had to deal with constant leaks and inferior nappies for decades. I've been a bed wetter all my life trust me I know. I have never once leaked in cloth. :) :)

Lol, I have leaked in cloth way too many times. The problem was that I needed enough layers to not leak whe sleeping on my side. Except that many layers equated to an inch thick diaper. That thickness was actually causing me hip problems. Oh, and the extra heavy diapers broke my front load washing machine. A $400 bill I got to add to my cloth diaper costs.

Unless you see some obvious differences in manufacturing, it's usually easiest to compare "impact" based on "use -vs- waste". When your cloth diapers are shot, even if you don't repurpose them for washing the car or scrubbing the floor and just immediately throw them away, just compare that with how much landfill waste that takes up compared to all of those disposable diapers you would have thrown away in that time. A stray guess would be what, half a ton or so?

bambinod said:
Unless you see some obvious differences in manufacturing, it's usually easiest to compare "impact" based on "use -vs- waste". When your cloth diapers are shot, even if you don't repurpose them for washing the car or scrubbing the floor and just immediately throw them away, just compare that with how much landfill waste that takes up compared to all of those disposable diapers you would have thrown away in that time. A stray guess would be what, half a ton or so?

Oh, absolutely. Or at least probably something like that. Yet again, consider where disposable diapers come from. We are also pulling tons of oil out of the ground. It will either get converted into burned CO2, as pollution in our waterways, or put back into the ground where it came from (in the form of plastic trash). The latter being the vast majority for diapers.

Don't forget how many tons of nutrients we are stripping out of the ground in order to support cotton growth too. So where does all that end up? Pulled out of the ground and into the very same cotton you seem to think is somehow better. That's where. Oh, and that stripped ground soil. Less plants are able to grow in that area because of that too. Less plants means more CO2 pollution. So much for cotton diapers being "environmentally friendly".

Slomo said:
Don't forget how many tons of nutrients we are stripping out of the ground in order to support cotton growth too. So where does all that end up? Pulled out of the ground and into the very same cotton you seem to think is somehow better. That's where. Oh, and that stripped ground soil. Less plants are able to grow in that area because of that too. Less plants means more CO2 pollution. So much for cotton diapers being "environmentally friendly".

I was so going to reply with a long list of points to your post but if you believe that disposables are just as biodegradable as cloth made products then there’s not really a lot of point. [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back