Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well, for a late birthday present, my wife had me go to the Cricket wireless store and pick out a new phone.

We were using cheap TracFone phones before and it was time to move up. To lock in a good deal for the both of us she had to get one too but she was owed something special for getting her new job.

I found a nice phone with a big screen for $100 usd-a ZTE Blade X Max running Android 7.1.1 and boy, have I been missing out before! I was also able to take some of my other birthday money and I picked up Minecraft, Amiga Forever Essentials, and Ghost's second album-I gotta have more music. Soon, I'll also be adding a 128GB SD card to it as well.

I've also had fun picking up Nintendo's "free" Android games: Fire Emblem Heroes, Miitomo, Super Mario Go and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. I couldn't resist the South Park Phone Destroyer game so I had to grab it too. With the Geocaching app, I now have a decent piece of hardware for finding and logging finds.

According to an app I grabbed off of the play store, I should be VR-ready but I'm not sure how to pick goggles-not necessarily looking for high end but I am trying to find something that will hold a big phone but sometimes it seems that the descriptions on Amazon refer specifically to screen size and others leave me wondering if they are referring to total phone size. It has a 6" screen but the total phone size is 6.50"x3.27"x0.37". Somewhat confusing but hopefully Some of you will have some advice for me on that. Even Google Cardboard could be fun even if that's not really rated for gaming. lol

My cricket phone actually came with a VR headset so I've been using that one mostly. I have another headset I bought off Amazon that has built in headphones but it's not as immersive as the headset it came with. More like wearing horse blinders with some visibility right in front of you.

Good to see another Fire Emblem Heroes player! Hope you like the game! (Though it's mostly luck based)

PaddedDeist said:
Amiga Forever Essentials
Amiga Forever--on your phone? Interesting. What do you use it for? Seems like most old Amiga apps would be a bit hard to use on a phone. (I have and use the full desktop version of AF.)

Well, I need to get a SD card installed but I can think of a few games to set up--Deluxe Galaga is one that comes to mind. This phone has a large and sharp screen so I can look at my collection of .adf files or WHDLoad games and I'll do well. But an Amikit install could be fun

Not getting certain things is not all that unusual. I started playing with computers in the 1980s where the first computer I played with was an older TRS-80 that saved and loaded off of cassette tape. That was in a middle school computer class. Later in school I was able to play with the legendary Apple II computers and I also got to play with a friend's Commodore 64.

It wasn't until the early 1990s that I was able to get my own computer, an Amiga 500. I would also get the older Commodore 64 and then a 128 but that was because I was part of an user's group and my roommate at the time was club president and I was collecting my own software for the older system and I liked playing with BASIC and later ML.

The Amiga was my big love though. I had my A500 and then moved up to an A2000. The A500 and A2000 came out pretty close together.

The 500 was a flat computer with a built-in keyboard. It was also one of the most popular models and it had a lot of great games. It could be expanded but you had limited space internally though it had an expansion slot on the left side where you could plug in things like an external HD controller.

The A2000 was a traditional horizontal desktop case and it took some of the upgrade chips that I had in my A500. It also had internal expansion slots, a slot for a better CPU and a video slot. I thought I was rolling fat.

My last two Amiga's were A4000/040 desktops. They had the updated AGA graphic choose and it was a more powerful system. The first was in the original horizontal desktop case but it was lost in a flood. The second A4000/040 was an identical system, but it was put into a tower conversion case. It ended up going to pay a debt to someone in the user's group but I was not using it as much since a lot of the Internet was getting cut off to me since I didn't have Flash on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I must add that all of my Commodore/Amiga computers were second-hand an not brand new. Even my last A4000 was a refurbished system but the case and daughterboard were new

- - - Updated - - -

I must add that all of my Commodore/Amiga computers were second-hand an not brand new. Even my last A4000 was a refurbished system but the case and daughterboard were new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back