My poor bladder:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy415

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m a 36 year old gay male and I’ve been having bladder issues for about 5 years now. What started as a slight difficulty urinating has progressed to a slow and sometimes painful drip, a ridiculously frequent need to urinate, and wetting the bed at night. I’ve seen two different urologists, and have an appointment with a third lined up. All my doctors seem to think that my issues stem from an operation I had when I was three days old to remove a blockage in my urethra, but beyond that they are stumped.

I’ve had ultrasounds of my bladder done, undergone a cystoscopy, and was taking Tamsulosin for six months. Since trips to the urologist have seemed pointless lately, I almost skipped my last appointment. However, I’m glad I kept it because it led to my referral to a Neurourologist for Urodynamic testing. For the first time in a while I actually feel optimistic. I've already had a phone orientation with my new doctor and she’s the first one who didn’t immediately prescribe me a pill, but instead said something along the lines of ‘I know what your chart says, but what’s really going on?’ and reassured me that we’d get to the bottom of all this. I go in for Urodynamic Testing in January and will have to be catheterized (from both ends!) and my bladder will be pumped and drained repeatedly and monitored. Uncomfortable yes, but a breeze compared to the cystoscopy. Although my new doctor did hint that there might be another one of those in my future. Hopefully all this testing will lead to some answers and hopefully some relief.

I started using diapers occasionally for night time wetting a few years ago and now wear pretty regularly. Mostly at night but sometimes during the day too if my frequency issue is particularly bad. It’s complicated because over time I began to enjoy wearing diapers. There are plenty of times where I’ll prefer a diaper to underwear and I’ve definitely sexualized them. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that my brain has fetishized an item that is emblematic of an embarrassing secret. I have a very supportive husband, but he is not into the diapers. At least I’m not hiding them from him anymore. None of my doctors have asked about diapers, and I haven’t brought them up. But if they did, I would tell them I wore.

I found this forum after googling Urodynamic testing, and thought I’d post my story as is seems there are a bunch of people here who are in the same boat as me. I’d love to hear from anyone who’s had similar experiences.

I would honestly say my urologist can scope me all day long well I carry on a conversation that's a cake walk compared to urodynamic testing , a couple of times I have had him show me around my urinary system ,not many people want to look around inside ,urodynamic isn't "painfull" but its definately more unpleasant than getting scoped .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Lets just hope you don't have neurogenic dyssynergia spincter (or bladder). I've got that, and it's all straining to pee. You don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back