and THIS is why you take new diapers out of their bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just making my morning diaper change and decided to start my day with a Crinklz... but they were side-by-side in my diaper cabinet, and the freshly-unpacked Crinklz (courtesy of our new distributor NorthShore!) looked a lot thinner sitting next to the BetterDry that had been sitting in the cabinet for over a month.

attachment.php

These are the same model of diaper, just that the white BetterDry have been given time to expand and the colorful Crinklz are still mostly compressed from their packing and shipping. So if you like your diapers to be thicker and softer, (I know I do!) then make sure you get them out of their bag and set out on your diaper shelf/cabinet instead of letting them all sit sealed tightly in their bags. I store my diapers in my cabinet on their side also which I think helps speed up the fluffing.

Reactions: Deleted member 29386
That is a very interesting observation. I suppose I never considered the impact of storing the diaper in the pack. I will have to start keeping my diapers in a designated area to observe the results. Thank you!

Good tip, thanks.

Does humidity factor in here?

I usually shake mine before folding the center and it seems to workout well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That definitely makes sense but I never really that about that, thanks for the tip!

Store them sideways. This is recommended by many companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great tip Thank you

If you take a few out of the pack, the rest have space to expand anyway as they are no longer tightly packed...

blob said:
If you take a few out of the pack, the rest have space to expand anyway as they are no longer tightly packed...

This is exactly what my continence nurse told me to do. Always take some out of the pack before you start using them so they can expand.

I usually always open two bags at a time and set them out for air time ,i only use them when i am going out ,so they are always ready when i need them ,my cloth is everday use so they are always circulating between wash and wear somewhere.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I usually open the pack and put them in sets of 4 into the drawers where I store them. I'm wondering if I should take the advice here and swap to storing them sideways in the drawer instead of on top of each other though. Hmm, will have to test it out.

I have noticed that diapers also absorb better. The only downside is the lovely smell goes away quicker.

You can also,put them in dryer with no heat fluff cycle forc a quicker result.

Tetra said:
You can also,put them in dryer with no heat fluff cycle forc a quicker result.

That sounds extremely dangerous as diapers are flammable and a dryer makes it incredibly hot. One mistake in turning on the dryer and you could have a fire.

I mean to be honest this makes sense. I'm go shelf mine up now. :)

I always open 2 packs at a time and store them in a plastic tote under the bed. I find them all fluffed up nicely
when I use them.

Exactly. I always store them out of the bag. One I like looking at them, two they fluff up nicely after a few days.

I haven't had this experience, I have a pack of ABU Space which have been sitting open in my hidey hole for about two maybe three months, and a similar time with my Crinklz and neither of them have expanded at all, maybe it's where my hidey hole is, (It's quite warm being over the boiler) that could be the reason they haven't expanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back