Good changing areas at airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMozart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Inspired by LordFluffybuttz's recent thread asking for advice wearing on a plane, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could pool information about good changing places at airports. If you know of a good place to change a diaper in a certain airport, please comment here and let the ABDL world know!

In London-Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 5, there is a changing room separate from the bathrooms that has a changing table easily large enough for an adult baby.

In Seattle-Tacoma Int'l Airport (SEA), there is a family restroom in the A concourse, but unfortunately no changing table.

I've heard (but not personally confirmed) that New York's JFK Airport has an adult-size changing table in a public restroom, so there's a possibility of someone walking in on you while changing.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has a few of those changing rooms one I know best is at beginning of Pier F its under the Hotel Mecure and the Mc Donalds. The Changing room is good size.
Any Terminal at Chicago O Hare has them in many spots in many terminals.

BabyMozart said:
In London-Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 5, there is a changing room separate from the bathrooms that has a changing table easily large enough for an adult baby.

All the larger UK International airports (and many other places) have at least one changing places toilet:

www.changing-places.org

But you'd need the right key / code to access it.

I suspect most major EU and worldwide International airports have an equivalent too.

Thank you both for the information! It sounds like Europe is much better at this than the U.S.

BabyMozart said:
Thank you both for the information! It sounds like Europe is much better at this than the U.S.

We certainly are but there is an American campaign for more changing facilities forgive me I can't recall what it is I think it's something like "space to change"

Lounge access is heaven when flying and connecting in airports... any Qantas or American Airlines lounge is great :D

Any handicapped stall should be good enough, unless you have mobility issues and need to lay down.

Slomo said:
Any handicapped stall should be good enough, unless you have mobility issues and need to lay down.

I agree on the Macro level however on the micro level a Handicapped stall lacks privacy for some including me whom do not want the masses hearing me changing my diaper. I at all costs try to get a one staff bathroom so I can do my business in private and in peace. If I have to use a multi user bathroom I will wait until everyone leaves and then do a supersonic diaper change and get the used one in the trash before anyone comes in. Again I do not want others to have to endure my incontinence issues.

puppyz said:
Lounge access is heaven when flying and connecting in airports... any Qantas or American Airlines lounge is great :D

Do the lounges have changing rooms suitable for adults?

Slomo said:

Yes, it is possible to change a diaper is a handicapped stall. I've changed my diaper in a normal, non-handicapped stall many times. However, having a proper changing table where you can lie down to change your diaper is much nicer. That's why I'm interested in places that have those. In case there was any confusion, I am not incontinent; I wear diapers purely by choice.

(My response is only applicable to US airports) I find the handicapped stalls to be not very private in general - and are undesirable because of this. While they are spacious, they generally have large gaps in the doors - and that’s not to mention no noise blockage! When I am forced to use a stall because of no other choice, I generally try to plug the cracks with my coat and or shirt and or bag...but that Doesn’t always work.

If at all possible, I try to find a “family” bathroom which are becoming more and more popular. The only downside with these are the possible confrontations after using them - stink eyes or down right rudeness from families that assume we are just using them for fun.

I will say again that I’m not incontinent so I accept the experience may be different for those for whom diapers are more of a requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyMozart said:
Do the lounges have changing rooms suitable for adults?

Most of the Lounges I have been in have multi stall bathrooms in them even the shower areas are not totally private. Just be prepared to use the ones outside the lounges that are family bathrooms. And the terse stare by a lady with a screaming screeching crying kid waiting for you to get out of there, careful some ladies will bite your head off saying these bathrooms are for us that need to change our kids diapers. I said oh really gee thank you for being selfish since I am incontinent ya airhead. that shut her trap right then and there while her face was as red as a vine ripened tomato laughed and said have a nice day by the way hear of duct tape your kid is wrecking my ears get control of your kid will you.

Although I wouldn't turn down having more space, a regular public restroom stall seemed sufficient when I was traveling. I can usually wait to change at home but I had no choice when I was on the far side of the country. If I had a physical disability, I might need more space or amenities but I got things done just fine as it was.

cm90210 said:
When I am forced to use a stall because of no other choice, I generally try to plug the cracks with my coat and or shirt and or bag...but that Doesn’t always work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually do the same thing at the YMCA - cover the gaps with my towel or clothes when I'm changing after swimming in a stall. This morning I thought I needed to poop so I went into a stall without my towel - decided I wasn't ready to go, fixed my swimsuit and got out fast.

Trevor said:
Although I wouldn't turn down having more space, a regular public restroom stall seemed sufficient when I was traveling. I can usually wait to change at home but I had no choice when I was on the far side of the country. If I had a physical disability, I might need more space or amenities but I got things done just fine as it was.

don't ever travel to Japan. Half of their toilets are smaller than an airplane toilet.

Slomo said:
don't ever travel to Japan. Half of their toilets are smaller than an airplane toilet.

If someone wants to pay me to travel and change my diaper in difficult restrooms, I might consider it as a new line of work.

Trevor said:
If someone wants to pay me to travel and change my diaper in difficult restrooms, I might consider it as a new line of work.

The jet lag alone is reason enough to not want that. Travelling for work is NOT cut up to be what you'd think it is. For starters, you can forget about seeing the sights. You'll be expect back at work the following morning (local time of course).

I’ve needed to change my diaper in a toilet stall on many occasions. When I need to do so, I make sure that I have a supply of wet wipes in addition to the needed dry diaper; and I’ve never really encountered any major problems. One of the reasons that I wear a tape-on diaper instead of a pull-up is that the necessary untaping and taping can be done without taking off my trousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back