Has anyone else noticed ABDL page on Northshore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
samsonboy14 said:
I ordered a free sample from them yesterday. I am so excited to get it. When I talked to amy she said I would have to sign for them.

Same here.

A super long time ago, when promise was a diaper, HDIS used to say AB/DL aware on their site.

I am sooo impressed by Northshore. Before I got into premium ABDL diapers, they were one of my go-to sites for ordering quality regular diapers. And, I just ordered Crinklz for under $2 per diaper! Can hardly wait.

I did suggest, in a friendly way, that they change the cartoon kids at the top of the page to animals or some other nursery pattern. I think showing kids might create the false association that we want to avoid. Aside from that, I am very happy with Northshore at the moment.

AnimeDude892 said:
Same here.

You can decline requiring a signature when you order the sample, but you have to acknowledge that if something happens to your package, they won't be able to send you out a new one. I never have any issues with boxes getting stolen, so I told them it was OK if they just left the box on my doorstep.

DLPJ said:
Check out this pretty cool shout out from a Canadian supplier.
https://www.healthwick.ca/blog/the-elephant-in-the-room-abdls/

That's an awesome article! I'm going to embed it here for anyone that doesn't feel like clicking the link. It's a good read :
The Elephant in the Room: ABDLs

Posted by Sharron Jones, Marketing Director on March 04, 2016

Very early on after launching www.Healthwick.ca, one of our customer care reps turned to me and said: "I have an online chat customer. He wants to know if we're ABDL-aware?"

Clearly at this point I was NOT, since I'd never heard the acronym before, so I responded, "Hold on, let me Google it...."

Wow.

ABDL (or the more accurate AB/DL) stands for Adult Baby Diaper Lover - a community of people who either enjoy play acting as babies, enjoy wearing diapers, or both. For some, it has sexual connotations (it's commonly described as a fetish). For others, there's an element of returning to childhood that is completely non-sexual. And for others (particularly those who genuinely need to wear adult diapers for medical/health reasons), there's simply an appreciation of the engineering and performance of absorbent briefs.

"Okay," I said, taking a deep breath, "Well, tell him we're now ABDL-aware and ask how we can help him."

Flash-forward to 2016. Healthwick is Canada's largest online retailer of incontinence products, and so we've found we have a lot of ABDL customers. Certainly not the majority or even a large minority, but a significant percentage. But no one knows about it! In fact, I mentioned our "ABDL customers" to our sales rep of a major national incontinence brand last week, and got a completely blank stare in return. She had no idea what I was talking about.

We thought it was time to recognize them and share some of the things we've learned about our AB/DL customers:

1) Like every customer group, there are good folks and there are bad folks. The good folks are pretty much like everyone else - enthusiastic when they find a product they like, appreciative of our selection and advice, and they ask smart questions when we introduce new products.

The bad folks make our staff quite uncomfortable - they try to engage us in self-gratifying chatter/role play (I once had a caller ask if he could call me Mommy - NO). Our staff are as practical as possible and we try to use straight-forward clinical terms when talking about continence care, so when we get a caller or online chat that goes in this direction "just for the fun of it", it feels disrespectful of our time.

The worst (ABDL or otherwise) are when a customer uses suggestive, vulgar, juvenile or sexual language. Ugh. These are the minority, thank goodness, but it's easy to spot and we have a policy to end these conversations when we have to.

2) They're concerned about privacy. Discretion has always been a big part of the Healthwick mission statement. Incontinence is a private matter, and many people are embarrassed to be buying continence care products. But AB/DL customers are also often hiding their purchases from family members or roommates. We were actually really thrilled when Canada Post announced Flex Delivery because it solved a lot of concerns for ABDLs in this situation.

Ironically as I was writing this and went to Canada Post for the link to Flex Delivery, this was their banner:
flexdelivery.jpg

3) They can write great product reviews. Because they're enthusiastic about the product and they tend to have tried just about everything on the market, AB/DL customers know a lot about adult diapers and some of them are great, thoughtful, objective writers. Several of our most interesting and insightful product reviews have been written by ABDLs.

The point is that not only do AB/DLs exist, they're an active, meaningful, and often vocal segment of our purchasers. We had no idea when we started Healthwick, and unless you're one, you probably didn't either until you read this.

Yes, it's certainly not a mainstream interest, and no, we don't have any staff that are members of the community, but we're here to provide practical, professional and friendly service. We strive to make buying incontinence products easy and discreet for everyone.

For our ABDL customers, we don't think it's weird that you want to go to the site that has the best selection and discretion to buy a product that's important to you (who wouldn't?). And, of course, we appreciate it when you don't make it weird for us to provide you with the best service we can, because after all, we're here to help.

For our policy on ABDL customer support, click here

So in summary, we're paying customers and they're happy to help us get the products we want and the kind of service we need, as long a we "don't make it weird for them". And I think that works both ways, we don't want to be uncomfortable when ordering any moreso than they want to be uncomfortable when taking our order. It's good to see they are ready to provide discrete service and thoughtful assistance. Sometimes there's the fear or "Oh I can only just bare going to a medial website, there's no way I could ever call customer service if I had a question, they'll think I'm totally weird!" They're clearly trying to help us with that and make sure we have a positive experience with them.

I'm glad to see Northshore expand their Market to include abdl diapers. Not only does this broaden their consumer base, but it also normalizes abdl lifestyle to a degree. Abdls are consumers too and we just want access to great products using reliable websites. Northshore not only makes an outstanding diaper at an affordable price, but now they've expanded which I greatly appreciate. I hope to see other websites embrace abdl products in the future.

willnotwill said:
Adam has shown up here a number of times to answer questions. I buy from them periodically and they have always thrown in a sample of two of something else they thought I might be interested in.

Adam is here at ADISC!

Ravensteel said:
I'm glad to see Northshore expand their Market to include abdl diapers. Not only does this broaden their consumer base, but it also normalizes abdl lifestyle to a degree. Abdls are consumers too and we just want access to great products using reliable websites. Northshore not only makes an outstanding diaper at an affordable price, but now they've expanded which I greatly appreciate. I hope to see other websites embrace abdl products in the future.

It only makes sense, because the ABDL products work as opposed to the supermarket varieties from a clueless corporation. If it works for an 18 month old, then it works for an adult as well. And that's what companies like North Shore are finally starting to learn.

PaddedColorado said:
You can decline requiring a signature when you order the sample, but you have to acknowledge that if something happens to your package, they won't be able to send you out a new one. I never have any issues with boxes getting stolen, so I told them it was OK if they just left the box on my doorstep.

I was aware about it.

Ravensteel said:
I'm glad to see Northshore expand their Market to include abdl diapers

I'm sure there's also a chunk of their more "traditional customers" that are either looking for something with even better performance, or something other than a drab / stereotypical medical look, or perhaps both, and offering some ABDL premium grade diapers could make some of their traditional customers even more satisfied with their selection. So everybody wins.

bambinod said:
I'm sure there's also a chunk of their more "traditional customers" that are either looking for something with even better performance, or something other than a drab / stereotypical medical look, or perhaps both, and offering some ABDL premium grade diapers could make some of their traditional customers even more satisfied with their selection. So everybody wins.

I agree it's a win situation for everybody! We now have access to a popular abdl brand from a great website. Their standard clientele now have access to a very well performing diaper. I think at its root the abdl community and the traditional incontinent diaper user have the same end goal of having access to a phenomenal product.

MailCat581 said:
I received the confirmations they had been delivered but did not receive the product. I will not be shopping with them again.

Sounds more like a shipper problem than a vendor problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back