Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Its been on my mind for the last year to replace my desktop with a new laptop and after my payday surprise this morning coupled with a sale on newegg i pulled the trigger this morning.

Its an MSI GL62M 7REX-1067 normally about $1300 after tax got it for $900

It has the Kaby Lake 7th gen i7 7700 quadcore

16GB ram

NVIDIA gtx 1050ti 4gb

512GB solid state.

Also took advantage of sales and got a 2TB internal HDD to add on when i get it.

Sadly my desktop GPU crapped out last week so replacing it has been relatively on the forefront of my mind again but i was not expecting it to happen so soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

w0lfpack91 said:
Its been on my mind for the last year to replace my desktop with a new laptop and after my payday surprise this morning coupled with a sale on newegg i pulled the trigger this morning.

Its an MSI GL62M 7REX-1067 normally about $1300 after tax got it for $900

It has the Kaby Lake 7th gen i7 7700 quadcore

16GB ram

NVIDIA gtx 1050ti 4gb

512GB solid state.

Also took advantage of sales and got a 2TB internal HDD to add on when i get it.

Sadly my desktop GPU crapped out last week so replacing it has been relatively on the forefront of my mind again but i was not expecting it to happen so soon.

Not bad. It's not worth more than a grand, and would be a rip off at 1300. But 900 is about right.

Slomo said:
Not bad. It's not worth more than a grand, and would be a rip off at 1300. But 900 is about right.
Thats why it has been put off so long. All Laptops are ridiculously overpriced in my opinion. However with the sale and my only other rig put out to pasture oppertunity it seemed presented itself.

1050ti in a $1300 gaming laptop? that's an entry level budget card. you paid way too much for it

Alexia said:
1050ti in a $1300 gaming laptop? that's an entry level budget card. you paid way too much for it

If you're not gonna read the post then dont comment.

The base laptop is around $850 with the few upgrades i had added onto the order brought it to about $1300. I added a larger M.2 PCI-E SSD, opted for an extra 2TB inernal HDD, added a Bluetooth adapter, upgraded the wifi card, and had the Ram upped from 8GB to 16GB. There was also a small upcharge to have the 4GB 1050TI card over the 2GB card.

Take in sales and promotions brought the system down to about $900 total with the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back