Does ABDL Factory require a signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4saremyfavourite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was reading and have found that for most packages, the shipping company can leave the package at the door unless the seller requests it or the package is expensive. I’m planning on buying a pack but if the seller does not leave it at the door it will go to the post office.

One other thing, if anyone else has a better scheme to buy diapers online without being caught by family, please share.

M4saremyfavourite said:
One other thing, if anyone else has a better scheme to buy diapers online without being caught by family, please share.

if there's a vacant house anywhere nearby you can have the pacakge delivered to it. but that requires you to wait there for the delivery van to arrive. i only did this once and wouldn't really recommend it. but it is a possibility

M4saremyfavourite said:

Maybe check out this article. It's aimed at US members, and you're in "North America," so it might apply to you. I've used the FedEx "Hold for Pickup" and UPS options a number of times, for diapers and other things (e.g. Christmas presents I don't want anybody to accidentally open beforehand).

As for ABDL Factory: Not only do they require a signature, they do what's called a "glass slipper" delivery where, in order to keep the product, you have to try it on in front of the delivery person. :)

(Generally speaking, diaper companies and suppliers are pretty good about their discreet shipping/delivery options.)

Alexia said:
if there's a vacant house anywhere nearby you can have the pacakge delivered to it. but that requires you to wait there for the delivery van to arrive. i only did this once and wouldn't really recommend it. but it is a possibility

There are no vacant houses nearby, and the reason I’m asking this is because Ingo to school. I leave before my family leave and get home before they get back. So mainly, my problem is with the shipping company. I NEED them to leave it at the door, and I can’t leave a note because I leave BEFORE my family leaves. If it gets delivered with Canada Post, they won’t leave it. It would get sent to the nearest post office and I can’t claim my package because I do not have sufficient ID. I don’t know what to do...

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pretty sure glass slipper tests don’t exist. My predicament is that I live with my family. I leave before them and get home before them. If it doesn’t get left on the porch it will be taken to the post office. I am unable to pick it up without a family member being there because I do not have sufficient ID. I need the postal company to leave it on the doorstep and be at least a little subtle with packaging.

what do you mean your ID is not sufficient? an ID is an ID, and it's sufficient as long as it has your name and picture on it. you go to the post office, they ask for proof of identity, you show your lD, they give you the package, and that's it. you don't need to be 18yo to pick stuff up at the post office (if that's the reason why you think your card is insufficient)

If it is shipped by ups or fedex, they will never redirect your package to the post office. It will either be left at your door, or they will take it back to their own distribution facility and leave a delivery slip. You sign the slip and leave it on your door so when they come back the next day they can leave the package.

I need to have two pieces of ID that both have my picture and address, I only have one.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
If it is shipped by ups or fedex, they will never redirect your package to the post office. It will either be left at your door, or they will take it back to their own distribution facility and leave a delivery slip. You sign the slip and leave it on your door so when they come back the next day they can leave the package.

Are you certain?

Slomo said:
If it is shipped by ups or fedex, they will never redirect your package to the post office..

You might want to read up on FedEx SmartPost:

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/outbound.html
When you need to ship low-weight packages to residential customers, consider efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost shipping service. By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.

In most places schools issue ID cards , that's the minimum ID you would need if you are young enough to be a student , I myself haven't had a drivers license or state ID in many years ,because the state ID is worthless ( its not "real ID" compliant) and is an expensive rip off to non drivers , i turned my CDL in when my doctor told me not to drive anymore around '03 and have used my Paratransit discount fare card for everything since including opening bank accounts and picking up things from post office,It doesn't even have my address on it but it's got my name and picture ,you would be surprized at what can pass for ID to someone pushing papers for a living when they dont have any options but what they are given .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

And one other thing, my family knows the people that work at the post office very well, I don’t want to have to stand in front of them while they pick up a pack of diapers I ordered.

bambinod said:
You might want to read up on FedEx SmartPost:

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/outbound.html

I'm well aware of this. First, it is for low weight packages only, so cases are out (though bags could be). Second, this is a delivery option the buyer must set up at time of order. Fedex ground (standard) will never have a final delivery by the post office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back