Bloodborne & Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyAshie said:
I looked into it. I watched a few reviews saying it was really good, and I kinda wanted to try the souls series anyways, and my friend said that Bloodborne would be a better start than 3 would've been. In which, I'm glad I chose to take the chace I had. I've seen no walktrhoughs or anything so I am playing the game blind, I just looked into the series itself before hand. If that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. Dark Sous 1 was my first (this was before Bloodborne, or at least when it was still very new), I watched a full walkthrough of that before playing it. Just because I heard that Souls was great once you break through 'the wall,' and on that I agree, the games are great they're just terrible at explaining things to the player (such as you don't need to greet every enemy with an upraised shield and wait for them to attack first).
Demon Souls is possibly the worst about that, because in the introduction you WILL died, even if you defeat the boss you are suppose to die to, the game has another boss kill you in a cutscene.
Bloodborne has that werewolf in the clinic (which I'm guessing you died to, no shame, it's about 40/60 on me dying to it every new game), but you don't lose anything for dying, and they handicapped the enemy to make it killable that early.

Shadow456 said:
Yeah that makes sense. Dark Sous 1 was my first (this was before Bloodborne, or at least when it was still very new), I watched a full walkthrough of that before playing it. Just because I heard that Souls was great once you break through 'the wall,' and on that I agree, the games are great they're just terrible at explaining things to the player (such as you don't need to greet every enemy with an upraised shield and wait for them to attack first).
Demon Souls is possibly the worst about that, because in the introduction you WILL died, even if you defeat the boss you are suppose to die to, the game has another boss kill you in a cutscene.
Bloodborne has that werewolf in the clinic (which I'm guessing you died to, no shame, it's about 40/60 on me dying to it every new game), but you don't lose anything for dying, and they handicapped the enemy to make it killable that early.

I just let it kill me cause it's health wasn't going down, I just figured you were supposed to die. xD

BabyAshie said:
I just figured you were supposed to die. xD

Honestly, I've never tried beating it to death with my fists, you can just run past it, past the enemies and up the ladder to the first lantern, you get your weapons there regardless.
Yeah, it's surprising how many enemies in Souls you can just run past, all of them if you're good a dodging around the ones you can't outrun.

Shadow456 said:
Honestly, I've never tried beating it to death with my fists, you can just run past it, past the enemies and up the ladder to the first lantern, you get your weapons there regardless.
Yeah, it's surprising how many enemies in Souls you can just run past, all of them if you're good a dodging around the ones you can't outrun.

I know when you get into the old part of the town when you're getting shot at by the machine gun, I died and I was just like "screw this" and ran past everything to get back to where I was so I didn't have to kill everything again. xD It was a good adreniline rush.

Yep, you can't take that bit slow, just sprint until you're too close for him to shoot. That's the idea for most of Bloodborne to be honest, you have to be active, not reactive.

Shadow456 said:
Yep, you can't take that bit slow, just sprint until you're too close for him to shoot. That's the idea for most of Bloodborne to be honest, you have to be active, not reactive.

I learned that the hard way. xD

BabyAshie said:
I learned that the hard way. xD

Yep, there's a boss you won't have seen yet (though you aren't far off, it's your next target after the one you were talking about earlier) who I've heard people say that she kicked their arses. Personally, I never had much trouble from her, but she gave plenty of Souls veterans a lot of trouble.
And that's mainly the reason, in DS you could be passive, put up your shield, circle strafe around the slow bosses and win easily. It was far more a game of patience, as the bosses hit really hard but not getting greedy was key to avoiding them.
Not so much in Bloodborne, trying to predict the rabid, erratic attacks is far more difficult, and backing off to heal every time you're hit is a great opportunity for them to pounce on you and take all that health you just regained.

Shadow456 said:
Yep, there's a boss you won't have seen yet (though you aren't far off, it's your next target after the one you were talking about earlier) who I've heard people say that she kicked their arses. Personally, I never had much trouble from her, but she gave plenty of Souls veterans a lot of trouble.
And that's mainly the reason, in DS you could be passive, put up your shield, circle strafe around the slow bosses and win easily. It was far more a game of patience, as the bosses hit really hard but not getting greedy was key to avoiding them.
Not so much in Bloodborne, trying to predict the rabid, erratic attacks is far more difficult, and backing off to heal every time you're hit is a great opportunity for them to pounce on you and take all that health you just regained.

Sounds fun. xD But in all seriousness, the more I actually play the game the more I'm getting immersed in the world and enjoy my time getting my butt kicked. Which is weird to me. xD

BabyAshie said:
Sounds fun. xD But in all seriousness, the more I actually play the game the more I'm getting immersed in the world and enjoy my time getting my butt kicked. Which is weird to me. xD

Glad you're enjoying it!
Well, I've rambled on for more than long enough, if you ever have any specific questions, just ask.

Shadow456 said:
Glad you're enjoying it!
Well, I've rambled on for more than long enough, if you ever have any specific questions, just ask.

I mean, I don't mind. :3 I like to ramble about games in general. If you ever wanna talk about anything you can message me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back