Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am diabetic and suffer from related neuropathy which has been diagnosed as the main cause of my nightly bedwetting and day time incontinence. Anyone else suffering from incontinene or enuresis due to being diabetic.

Reactions: Tommypickles
ST50 said:
I am diabetic and suffer from related neuropathy which has been diagnosed as the main cause of my nightly bedwetting and day time incontinence. Anyone else suffering from incontinene or enuresis due to being diabetic.
Personally no, but an old friend of mine did suffer incontinence caused through diabetes and illnesses it put onto them through such.

It does happen more often than you'd imagine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Happened to a friend of mine as well. I also have friends with diabetes that have it well under control that I doubt that would happen to and a friend that is on the downhill side of the fight right now. We lost one to diabetes->incontinence->bladder infection this past summer.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Raises hand

Yes I got diabetes from taking a drug many years ago, it was a hidden feature of the medication along with heart attacks and death , so diabetes plays a part in the overall neurogenic bladder and bowel situation , but to pick things apart in health conditions I have and precisely determine each things contribution is beyond the capability of science, so suffice it to say I am a type 1 and IC as well as neuropathy , retinopathy caused by the diabetes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I used to wet the bed all the time, and occasionally wet during the day. If I avoid stress and lay off the coffee and booze, it would seldom happen. I seldom drink booze anymore, but I love my coffee!

Fwiw I'm Type II, no insulin, last a1c was 6%.

Aderth60 said:
I used to wet the bed all the time, and occasionally wet during the day. If I avoid stress and lay off the coffee and booze, it would seldom happen. I seldom drink booze anymore, but I love my coffee!

Fwiw I'm Type II, no insulin, last a1c was 6%.

My urologist told me to cut out coffee and beer and my symptoms might improve. I tried it for a while and nothing much happened apart from I became a miserable old git. My wife told me to just drink what I liked and wear a nappy and stop worrying about it. She is very pragmatic about things though

ST50 said:
My urologist told me to cut out coffee and beer and my symptoms might improve. I tried it for a while and nothing much happened apart from I became a miserable old git. My wife told me to just drink what I liked and wear a nappy and stop worrying about it. She is very pragmatic about things though

More or less, that's what my gf told me. I can't quit coffee or I might wind up in jail, HA! If I foresee a lot of coffee in my future, then I proactively diaper up that day.

Booze is sugar when broken down in the body , it's sugar and empty calories , both alcohol and coffee are bladder irritants they both contribute to funky smells in your urine , i cant help but love coffee ,I drink decafe and use Splenda and drink close to a pot a day ,i use a 24 oz insulated sippy cup no matter what i drink ,its just safer that way, less mess when I drop the damn thing , I do once in a great while drink a "near" beer called Kalibre made in Scotland by Guinness that's as naughty as I get , I haven't found it to add any unusual smell to my urine ,but it has so little alcohol its considered alcohol free ,a 7 year old can buy it and drink it ,and I really can't say it effects bed wetting because that happens every night anyway , but my long term position has always been if you use diapers, so should your bed because diapers arent 100% protection and accidents happen . I use diapers and pants and my bed has sheets with a waterproof layer between sides and a bed pad on top the mattress originaly had a waterproof barrier encapsulating it but over the years it has worn out and i am sure it would not be waterproof today .

i am diabetic, I hope i don't start having bed wetting. I do have leaks through out the day.

scoo said:
i am diabetic, I hope i don't start having bed wetting. I do have leaks through out the day.

It was due to my bedwetting coming back I found I was diabetic.

Anyone find their diabetic medication makes their bladder problems worse.? I take Jardience to supplement the metformin which keeps my sugars in check but does make me pee much more.

Gabapentin is sometimes used with Metformin with success. Maybe that would work better. Not that I am a doctor or a diabetic but my mom, husband, mother in law etc liked Gabapentin and didn't mention any side effects.

scoo said:
When you consider diabetes is one of the leading cause of IC , it realy pays big dividends having good control of A1c and such ,diabetes causes nerve death that's a fact primarily in the hands , feet , penis and bladder , so control your sugar and anytime you think of cheating on your diet or medication regimen just imagine not having sex and being diapered all the time with no choice in the matter makes that doughnut look like playing Russian roulette!

Fascinating said:
Gabapentin is sometimes used with Metformin with success. Maybe that would work better. Not that I am a doctor or a diabetic but my mom, husband, mother in law etc liked Gabapentin and didn't mention any side effects.

I will stick with the Jardience as it helps with weight loss. My Doctor knows all about my incontinence problems and we discussed possible alternatives but he said most others would not be suitable for me.

I finally switched from Metformin to Invokana. I got tired of needing a diaper for more than just urination....

We have come along way with oral hypoglycemic agents , metformin works but its very crude and hard on the body, you will probably do better with the switch.

Tetra said:
We have come along way with oral hypoglycemic agents , metformin works but its very crude and hard on the body, you will probably do better with the switch.

Loads better, thank you! :) I actually switched a few months back, along with a new doctor. I was diagnosed T2 back in 2009 and weighed over 450lbs back then. I was taking two friggen grams of Metformin a day! I'm down almost 200lbs and my previous doctor wouldn't lower my dosage despite random low sugar spells, vomiting and... involuntary messing...sometimes simultaneously. All of that went away when I got off Metformin!

Aderth60 said:
Loads better, thank you! :) I actually switched a few months back, along with a new doctor. I was diagnosed T2 back in 2009 and weighed over 450lbs back then. I was taking two friggen grams of Metformin a day! I'm down almost 200lbs and my previous doctor wouldn't lower my dosage despite random low sugar spells, vomiting and... involuntary messing...sometimes simultaneously. All of that went away when I got off Metformin!
Hey congrats on thevweight loss that will happen control also gets better eith eeight loss, that's great news keep up the good work . No matter what people say self improvement can pay great dividend . You rock my friend.

Metformin sucks, but one thing about it is, a lot of diabetics learn not to eat a lot of starches and high sugar foods on it, which is often the cause of the potty issues. It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but I rarely have potty issues anymore. Maybe once or twice a month, and usually after a family get together where no one cooks real food. Thanksgiving was turkey, rolls, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and dessert... I brought the only good veggie, and that was cauliflower cooked up like part potatoes...

That's the hardest part about diabetes. High 'bad carb' foods are cheap. That's what everyone loves. That's what everyone brings, and there's never consideration for those that restrict for medical reasons. Its one of the reasons I have almost quit going to family functions, or leave hungery because all I have ate is a few bites of this and that. And the thing that sucks the most, mine isn't from bad nutritional choices. Some people just get screwed genetically!

Reactions: pamperbud20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back